BANGKOK
silver sea

Wuhan lab testing bats for coronavirus had sloppy safety precautions

41 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

If you were living in CCP China, what would you say? 

Yes, she would say that now, that's the problem. What to believe.

Hero or villain?

I should clarify I said earlier humans can't get a coronavirus from a bat. That's not correct, they can't get the SARS Cov2 bat precursor direct from a bat, but they can get other coronaviruses direct from a bat.

MERS Cov for example.

My bad.

• Thanks 1

I know as much as you about where the virus originated which is nothing.

I choose not to inflict tabloid gossip such as the Daily Mail and the Daily Express on the readership who have some admirable qualities at times.

I suspect you are not British or would be aware of 'Dirty Desmond' of Express fame and Lord Rothermere of Mail reknown.

Give us something from Private Eye. The first half.

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

I know as much as you about where the virus originated which is nothing.

I choose not to inflict tabloid gossip such as the Daily Mail and the Daily Express on the readership who have some admirable qualities at times.

I suspect you are not British or would be aware of 'Dirty Desmond' of Express fame and Lord Rothermere of Mail reknown.

Give us something from Private Eye. The first half.

I cannot give you any links to Private Eye, because I do not have a subscription. Even if I did have one, there’s no point, because other people don’t have a subscription either.

Same, same with links to Sunday and Daily Telegraph, and Times and Sunday Times. Same with magazines like Spectatator and New Statesman. I gave a link to Washington Post, and Chelseafan couldn’t read it, so other readers had to search around to give him a link he could read. Same problem with the New York Times. They all operate paywalls, with a limited access to one or two free articles each week.

And the additional problem with Private Eye is that it is only published once a fortnight. 

That’s the advantage of linking the Mail and Express because everyone can read them without a problem. Readers can then add other links for the rest of us to read.

Certain people like to sneer at the Mail in particular. It’s an easy way of getting ‘brownie points’ from other readers of a similar opinion, which is all they seem to care about, without actually contributing anything to the thread. That’s why they know “nothing” about “where the virus originated”, because they don’t follow any of the links that have been offered to them. 

Instead, all they want to do is to puff out their chests and to show off: “Look at me folks; I don’t read daily rags like the Mail and Express. I read only Private Eye, because I am too clever to read anything else.

Richard Desmond sold the Express in February 2018. Lord Rothermere (I assume you are referring the first one, because of his leanings towards Hitler in the 1930s), died in 1940. 

The Mail has moved a long way since then. It was very pro Brexit under the previous editor Paul Dacre. The Mail seemed to regard the EU as an opportunity for the Germans to create the Fourth Reich and to take control of the UK. But what does that matter to you when your mind seems to be stuck with the memory of the 1st Lord Rothermere, who died 80 years ago.

I don’t know why you keep opening this thread if you are so unhappy with its contents. There are so many other interesting threads on this Covid-19 sub forum for you to read and to participate in.

Anyway, just for you Mr Traubert, here is medical research reproduced by The Lancet in January 2020. It shows that of the 41 cases in the first large cluster, only 27 (66%) had actual connections to the seafood market in Wuhan. So what about the other 14 (33%)? How did they get infected? It was too soon for The Lancet to have an opinion in January, but it gives you something to read, instead of the Mail.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext

Below is a link to a recent article in the Daily Telegraph about Wuhan’s Institute of Virology, and of course, Shi Zhinghli, aka Bat Woman.

The problem for 99.9% of you is that the Daily Telegraph operates a paywall. I am not a subscriber; instead, I get an email once a week will links to 3 or 4 articles which I can read for free; the link below was one of those offered to me yesterday. They are hoping that eventually I will relent and pay a monthly fee to read the whole newspaper.

If you click on the link, they will probably offer you the chance to get limited free access each week, and having joined you can then read the article below. Afterwards you can then cancel if you don’t want to receive their weekly email.

However, it illustrates the point I was making in the last post. Unlike sites with paywall barriers, the Mail and Express are free to look at, although I appreciate that one or two of you will need to sit in a dark corner somewhere so that your friends cannot see that you are looking at **shock**horror*** the Daily Mail. They might think that you are sneaking a look at the Mail’s Sidebar of Shame: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sidebar of Shame

Anyway, here is a quote of three paragraphs from the Daily Telegraph article linked below:

“And it is not clear that Covid 19 was always handled only in Level-4 labs. 

"Of course it is possible that is was human error," said a French scientist that visited the Wuhan lab.

"But you must remember that the most virulent coronavirus are considered level BSL3 and other coronavirus are level BSL2."

‘That would raise the possibility of a leak from another lab - possibly Wuhan's Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, a completely separate institution that is based 300 metres from the Wuhan market initially identified as the source of the virus.”

In my previous post, which replied to Mr Traubert above, I gave a link to a medical report published in The Lancet in January. It showed that of the 41 people infected with the virus, only 27 (66%) had been to the Wuhan Wet Market. So how did the other 14 (33%) get infected? We don’t know, but maybe their infection came from Wuhan’s Centre For Diseases, which Is BSL-2 (Biosafety level 2).

Shi Zenghli, Bat Woman, seems only to have investigated and cleared Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), where she worked, of negligent activity; she made no comment about Wuhan’s Centre for Diseses, which is only 300 meters from the wet market.

In the unlikely event that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) allows an international, independent investigation, it would need to examine all three sites: the wet market; Wuhan’s Institute of Virology; and the Centre for Diseases.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/wuhan-virus-inside-story-laboratory-blamed-donald-trump/?WT.mc_id=e_DM1243449&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Edi_New_Reg&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_Edi_New_Reg20200504&utm_campaign=DM1243449

• Like 1

“A report was drawn up by the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations (CICIR), a think tank affiliated with the Ministry of State Security, China's top intelligence body ... Beijing faces a wave of anti-China sentiment led by the United States in the aftermath of the pandemic and needs to be prepared in a worst-case scenario for armed confrontation between the two global powers ...”

”Without directly addressing the assessment made in the Chinese report, Morgan Ortagus (US State Department): 'Beijing's efforts to silence scientists, journalists, and citizens and spread disinformation exacerbated the dangers of this health crisis.'”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8284569/Internal-Chinese-report-warns-Beijing-faces-Tiananmen-like-global-backlash-virus-sources.html

Posted (edited)

CB5ADCE0-2521-4DBB-8164-93EDEB8D2E47.jpeg

Quotes of two paragraphs from the article to give you an idea of its content.

“There is no current evidence to suggest that coronavirus leaked from a Chinese research laboratory, intelligence sources have told the Guardian, contradicting recent White House claims that there is growing proof this is how the pandemic began.

‘Stories have suggested that workers in the lab may not have always used full protective equipment, and that in one instance a bat urinated on a researcher who did not subsequently become ill.

But there is nothing to indicate a leak from the lab could have caused the pandemic, sources say.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/04/five-eyes-network-contradicts-theory-covid-19-leaked-from-lab?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZGF5cy0yMDA1MDU%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK

Edited by silver sea

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2020 at 5:31 PM, silver sea said:

0C6D1D84-4E41-4032-B374-03A3033FEDB6.jpeg

Imagine being married to her, she comes home from the Wuhan lab in the evening you gonna give her a big hug and a sloppy kiss, later on get into bed together and cuddle up close? 

Edited by TSF

Secretary of State has admitted (sort of) that he has no evidence about his and Trumps assertions regarding the origin of the virus.

His interview is a masterclass in obfuscation.

For a different take on the whole deal, look up Judy Mikovits and listen to some of her interviews on YouTube (while they stay up).  And Plandemic.

I'm not passing judgment on anything she's saying.  But she certainly is thought provoking...

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

For a different take on the whole deal, look up Judy Mikovits and listen to some of her interviews on YouTube (while they stay up).  And Plandemic.

I'm not passing judgment on anything she's saying.  But she certainly is thought provoking...

Credible source?

47 minutes ago, impulse said:

The other side of her story. You decide.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/scientist-vaccine-jailed/

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

After spent some time in China (since 91) I have two opinions for the origins:

- lab test animals sold to market to make extra cash on the side (yes, this happens in China)

- mistake in the lab when handling the virus (most likely and try to cover the mistake in fear or losing job / face or both)

Important contribution and not so far fetched scenario from @impulse

"Some lab minion forgot to pack a lunch one day and got hungry."

I was during SARS in China and that had a clear source. China however learned nothing but continues to cover up their (censored words) and just worry about "losing face". Pathetic.

Hopefully someone has the balls to stand up to China. The leftist feminist governments in EU have no chance.

Edited by FinChin67

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

The other side of her story. You decide.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/scientist-vaccine-jailed/

Once again, I'm not passing judgment on the validity of her claims.  But if it is a massive conspiracy like she claims, trumped up charges of equipment theft would be eezy peezy for the conspirators. 

38 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Credible source?

I have it on good authority, 100% assured that there is a woman by that name. 

You have to decide for yourself whether there's any validity to her claims.  Still worth a listen even if you're not in the tin foil hat brigade...  And just as interesting was following some of the links that I ran across when I started down that rabbit hole.

5 minutes ago, FinChin67 said:

After spent some time in China (since 91) I have two opinions for the origins:

- lab test animals sold to market to make extra cash on the side (yes, this happens in China)

- mistake in the lab when handling the virus (most likely and try to cover the mistake in fear or losing job / face or both)

You forgot option 3.  Some lab minion forgot to pack a lunch one day and got hungry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1