Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Did anyone get the Roojai Covid insurance?


Recommended Posts

I saw this advertised a few weeks ago, 850 baht for up to a million baht coverage. Sounded like a fair deal and already have insurance for my car with them. Paid the money, got an email reply back saying will get a copy of the policy in due course. Was a 14 day wait period so I assumed would have received it by end of the 2 weeks. Anyway, 2 weeks came and went and we called them, both me and the wife on the weekend. They have the insurance underwritten with a company called Tipinsure. Called them first, they fobbed it back onto Roojai. Roojai tried to fob it back to Tipinsure. Roojai made all sorts of excuses including maybe payment wasn't received (paid by credit card and have record of wdrawal), then oh its the weekend we can't check. Promises to call back etc now Wednesday still hasn't happened. After wife called twice I called and wasn't gentle with them, got the operators name etc.

 

Anyone else done the same thing? I insured my car with Roojai and the online inspection, app everything I thought was super efficient but maybe that only applies to them collecting money, not paying it out. Am concerned about my vehicle insurance now.

 

And by the way, have seen a few reports saying foreigners in fact anyone in Thailand will receive free Covid treatment if infected. Has this proven to be the case? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I purchased from Roojai on Mar. 27 and received a conformation email with a reference number minutes after payment.  An email the next day confirmed coverage and included the policy number. On Mon the

Dear Kenny,   You are covered if you received our payment confirmation email. The insurer is dealing with high volume and there are some delays in processing the policies.The 14 days waiting

The policy is active as soon as the payment transaction is made. The policy must be active for 14 days before you can make a claim.   The reason should be obvious.  

Posted Images

I purchased the corona insurance (covers up to 1 million baht in hostipal if in a coma, and covers 100,000 baht hospital bill) I purchased direct in person at Dhipaya Insurance which is a very large company in Thailand. A friend purchased his online from the same company as you Roojai but has not recived the papers like you. He is now worried an will call them today. Regards to free covid treatment if infected for foreigners, I doubt very much, no way would I belive that.

Edited by stupidfarang
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stupidfarang said:

I purchased the corona insurance (covers up to 1 million baht in hostipal if in a coma, and covers 100,000 baht hospital bill) I purchased direct in person at Dhipaya Insurance which is a very large company in Thailand. A friend purchased his online from the same company as you Roojai but has not recived the papers like you. He is now worried an will call them today.

We called again this morning and getting fobbed again. At least on the weekend one of the phone operators at least admitted they had our details, copy of payment etc and no problems. Just wait for policy. Operator this morning saying no record and we may have to start process again

(already done the 14 day wait period). I have a confirmation email from them back on the 28th when we paid with a reference number and "thanks for your payment" saying all was ok just wait for policy to be sent within 2 weeks and have a record of my payment so no outs for them there.

 

The operator told my wife waiting to discuss with boss and will call back about 9.00am

(it's now 9.21am). I have sent three emails with copies of payment, their reference email etc to all of their contacts threatening to go to the media re Covid scams. But as usual with Thais, easier to bury your head in the sand, not my promprem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes ....  I purchased the Dhipaya insurance from the SCB ( Siam Commercial Bank )  

It's a 20 minute process and I am fully covered for all expenses incurred by COVID19 virus.

I received a discount and the cover is effective immediately.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

We called again this morning and getting fobbed again. At least on the weekend one of the phone operators at least admitted they had our details, copy of payment etc and no problems. Just wait for policy. Operator this morning saying no record and we may have to start process again

(already done the 14 day wait period). I have a confirmation email from them back on the 28th when we paid with a reference number and "thanks for your payment" saying all was ok just wait for policy to be sent within 2 weeks and have a record of my payment so no outs for them there.

 

The operator told my wife waiting to discuss with boss and will call back about 9.00am

(it's now 9.21am). I have sent three emails with copies of payment, their reference email etc to all of their contacts threatening to go to the media re Covid scams. But as usual with Thais, easier to bury your head in the sand, not my promprem.

sounds fishy, maybe no actual cover or policy has been initiated.

Forget about it as it's not expensive ....    To be sure your covered ... go get another one.

Anyway, just go into an SCB branch and purchase it from Dhipaya. It's cheap and you will receive your policy number and details immediately. no problems at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just one out with them yesterday,,, but using my UK cc. Got a reply with a policy (?) number and will be issued after 14 days, which is standard. If not received within the period, then will tell my cc bank to withhold payment! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steven100 said:

sounds fishy, maybe no actual cover or policy has been initiated.

Forget about it as it's not expensive ....    To be sure your covered ... go get another one.

Anyway, just go into an SCB branch and purchase it from Dhipaya. It's cheap and you will receive your policy number and details immediately. no problems at all.

It is starting to sound fishy. I am not concerned about the 850 baht and not normally one to stand on a soap box and make a point, particularly pointless here in Thailand but if I start a new policy with Dhipaya need to start the 14 day waiting period again and <deleted> that. Will push this out to the ends of the earth if I have to. Just seen another thread on the same issue with many people having the same problem. If they are that overwhelmed with new policies why is their office acting like they have never heard of Covid insurance? And if they are this overwhelmed it would stand to reason they have also received a lot of money, for nothing as it would seem. Put some more staff on Roojai if you have overcommitted. I have seen many posts here from people saying they have not received their policies. I haven't seen one reply from someone saying they have received theirs. Maybe nobody has? 

 

Be all over the evening news if it happened somewhere else. Surely this is nothing more than Covid profiteering. I hope the Thai visa news get hold of the story. A lot more serious than a few people selling overpriced masks surely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

It is starting to sound fishy. I am not concerned about the 850 baht and not normally one to stand on a soap box and make a point, particularly pointless here in Thailand but if I start a new policy with Dhipaya need to start the 14 day waiting period again and <deleted> that. Will push this out to the ends of the earth if I have to. Just seen another thread on the same issue with many people having the same problem. If they are that overwhelmed with new policies why is their office acting like they have never heard of Covid insurance? And if they are this overwhelmed it would stand to reason they have also received a lot of money, for nothing as it would seem. Put some more staff on Roojai if you have overcommitted. I have seen many posts here from people saying they have not received their policies. I haven't seen one reply from someone saying they have received theirs. Maybe nobody has? 

 

Be all over the evening news if it happened somewhere else. Surely this is nothing more than Covid profiteering. I hope the Thai visa news get hold of the story. A lot more serious than a few people selling overpriced masks surely.

Kenny,  yes I received my policy .... I received it about 30 minutes after signing. 

It's all good.  Calm down and your policy will be sent to you i'm sure. Your covered now anyway so don't worry about Rooji and his crew.  enjoy life.  cheers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Kenny,  yes I received my policy .... I received it about 30 minutes after signing. 

It's all good.  Calm down and your policy will be sent to you i'm sure. Your covered now anyway so don't worry about Rooji and his crew.  enjoy life.  cheers.

I am sorry but frankly I find this very hard to believe. I received a confirmation email but only like a blanket robotic response thing with a confirmation ref number. There are no details of my name, how much I paid or even what policy I have.

 

Insurance policies aren't sent my email particularly in Thailand. Maybe a copy of a policy which at this stage even I would be happy with. I would have dealt with 6 insurance companies in Thailand for full new vehicle class A insurance to a few hundred baht compulsory motorbike policies and they are either given by hand or sent registered mail. I am always amused by the guilt edged stationary they use like you have just won the lottery or something 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

 

And by the way, have seen a few reports saying foreigners in fact anyone in Thailand will receive free Covid treatment if infected. Has this proven to be the case? 

Saw this yesterday from Barrow "If you have any questions, you can call their hotline on +66 968478209 or +66 927260474" :

TH_CovidTreatment.jpg.b8e7c189b386d7d4baadf9be6b3b2b21.jpg

Edited by Digitalbanana
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Dear Kenny,

 

You are covered if you received our payment confirmation email. The insurer is dealing with high volume and there are some delays in processing the policies.
The 14 days waiting period does not refer to the policy start date but the claim date. The waiting period is valid for all Dhipaya COVID-19 policies.

 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

As stated in my PM to you, your constant references to "the insurer" irk me. I paid Roojai, I thought they were the insurer? On the return email it says my policy is being processed by Tipinsure (whoever they are), and now you are talking about Dhipaya? 

 

Also as stated, all I have is a robotic email response with a reference number, no reference to my name etc, which in most calls to your office they have said they have no record of. I appreciate your reply and your message but you must agree, this simply would not fly anywhere else and I believe you are an international company

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have car insurance with Roojai, the staff on the phone are not very good but they paid for me without any issues when I was in a car crash. So I am inclined to believe them and think you are worrying too much. You have already paid therefore you are now insured.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an email from Roojai....saying a copy of the policy will be another 1 - 2 weeks but do not worry, I am covered. They experienced an unusually high number of transactions. As you need to pay up front they must be swimming in cash, a real Covid windfall. 

 

I had to laugh at the opening line

 

we are sorry you didn't receive you policy as promptly as you expected lol,

 

as if my expectations were unrealistic, after receiving a reply from them after payment which said expect your policy "within" 2 weeks 5555. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Just received an email from Roojai....saying a copy of the policy will be another 1 - 2 weeks but do not worry, I am covered. They experienced an unusually high number of transactions. As you need to pay up front they must be swimming in cash, a real Covid windfall. 

 

I had to laugh at the opening line

 

we are sorry you didn't receive you policy as promptly as you expected lol,

 

as if my expectations were unrealistic, after receiving a reply from them after payment which said expect your policy "within" 2 weeks 5555. 

My friend went into the local Dhipaya Insurance  today an they confirmed he had a policy and they said they have been busy with all the applications and that is why he had not recived the paper work, said he will have it in about 2 days time.Why they could not just print it off there and then I do not know.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Roojai said:

Dear Kenny,

 

You are covered if you received our payment confirmation email. The insurer is dealing with high volume and there are some delays in processing the policies.
The 14 days waiting period does not refer to the policy start date but the claim date. The waiting period is valid for all Dhipaya COVID-19 policies.

 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

 

Dear Roojai

 

Is it possible to buy COVID insurance from more than one company?

 

I bought the lowest premium COVID under Dhipaya last month but I regretted later it might not be enough. I should have bought a higher premium insurance.

 

If someone get the coronavirus and he has two insurance coverage from different companies, which insurance company can the infected person claim the money from?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by EricTh
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bahtboy said:

I was probably one of the first to purchase this insurance and I did it through AA Insurance in Pattaya. I received a receipt and nothing more. Mentioning this to a friend he thought the insurance was a good idea and I took him to the AA office. I asked about my policy and was told they hadn't received it from the company yet. My friend applied and AA now had the facility to print out his policy immediately. Another week and my policy still not forthcoming, I went to AA offices again. After a bit of chit chat between the staff I was told to wait 10 minutes and then the girl appeared with my policy. She had phoned the Insurance company and they had faxed it to AA. In Thai language, but still, the hospitals will understand it. One thing that I clarified with AA and that was the insurance is 1 million baht only on death, and 100,000 hospital fees once admitted.

Yes thats right, 100k for treatment which I guess would be about a week in hospital 2 at best. The million is to cover you as you say for death or long term complications / coma resulting from Covid. On Roojai's website page they had no details whatsoever on what is and what isn't covered. No T&C. Whole thing handled very badly

Edited by Kenny202
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Yes thats right, 100k for treatment which I guess would be about a week in hospital 2 at best. The million is to cover you as you say for death or long term complications / coma resulting from Covid. On Roojai's website page they had no details whatsoever on what is and what isn't covered. No T&C. Whole thing handled very badly

Dear Kenny,

 

The summary of the policy wording is linked on the page, and the T&C are below the fold. 

 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Dear Kenny,

 

The summary of the policy wording is linked on the page, and the T&C are below the fold. 

 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

Lol. They are now....They weren't before right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kenny202 said:

Lol. They are now....They weren't before right?

The T&C have been there from launch. The policy wording was available in Thai only at first. We needed time to prepare the English summary.

 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Roojai said:

The T&C have been there from launch. The policy wording was available in Thai only at first. We needed time to prepare the English summary.

 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

Well I didn't see it and I looked everywhere, and in any case why would you attach a Thai list of terms and conditions to an English worded website? I think it's fair to say the whole thing has been handled badly. I bought the policy without seeing T&C's because I figured 850 baht for some insurance was better than nothing. My bad. All I want is a copy of my policy, which after myself making a lot of noise and wasting a lot of my time looks like you have addressed. But please stop telling people you are sorry Roojai service didn't meet their expectations, as if everyone was expecting too much or misunderstood something. Like I said, all my expectations where was was what advertised, and a policy in my hand within 2 weeks  

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kenny202 said:

Well I didn't see it and I looked everywhere, and in any case why would you attach a Thai list of terms and conditions to an English worded website? 

Dear Kenny,

 

Because that's the only version provided by Dhipaya insurance, and provided only after purchase, together with the policy schedule. We decided to add the link to it because it was still better than not providing any document at all. The English summary required some time to be ready because it needed to be approved by the underwriting team.

 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Roojai said:

The T&C have been there from launch. The policy wording was available in Thai only at first. We needed time to prepare the English summary.

 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

Dear Roojai

 

Can you please answer my question regarding the more than one Covid insurance from different companies. 

 

If we want to upgrade to a more expensive premium, how do we do it? Can we just add to existing insurance or must we cancel first and then reapply later?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bahtboy said:

I was probably one of the first to purchase this insurance and I did it through AA Insurance in Pattaya

Before 19th March?

I was finally told the documents were ready 9th April so that's nearly 3 weeks from paying but at least the AA Insure receipt showed clearly what I had paid for.

One of the benefits is also having a physical office and people I know to go and talk to.

 

@Kenny202 i can understand Roojai not having the details in English and think they did a good job in finally getting the translation up. However I can also empathise re the customer service experience from some previous interactions.

 

@Roojai I am also a bit peeved about being spammed the offer on email and SMS and trying to unsubscribe sends you into a never ending loop that fails to do anything.......Especially as I never ever gave permission to use my phone number for that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 5:16 PM, topt said:

Before 19th March?

I was finally told the documents were ready 9th April so that's nearly 3 weeks from paying but at least the AA Insure receipt showed clearly what I had paid for.

One of the benefits is also having a physical office and people I know to go and talk to.

 

@Kenny202 i can understand Roojai not having the details in English and think they did a good job in finally getting the translation up. However I can also empathise re the customer service experience from some previous interactions.

 

@Roojai I am also a bit peeved about being spammed the offer on email and SMS and trying to unsubscribe sends you into a never ending loop that fails to do anything.......Especially as I never ever gave permission to use my phone number for that.  

Hi Topt,

 

You can unsubscribe directly from the email footer, or by calling our contact center.

 

Best regards,

The Roojai.com team

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the same boat. Have car insurance with them and took out the 850 baht covid insurance. I still didn't receive the policy 20 days after the purchase date. I am not worried though. These things can be slow here, also the local post guy is really lazy so mail tends to arrive late. 

They are pretty good when it comes to claims with car insurance. Had one claim so far. Took a rather long 2 hours for them to arrive at the scene but the guy was pretty efficient. Next day went to Toyota they had a chat over the phone with Roojai and the car was booked in for repair 2 days later.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rioja,,, my ineligible period, 14 days, ended yesterday. The money was paid to your company. If no policy received in the next 7 days,, then i will contact my cc company to put a block/dispute, on your payment. And this will continue,, until I receive the policy! The "ball is in your court"!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...