Did anyone get the Roojai Covid insurance?

Kenny202

My wife and daughter took out a Covid policy with Diphaya Insurance

quite a while ago, when it looked like Covid was going away,cost only

150 Thb for a year, million Thb if you go in coma, they kept on to me to

also get insurance, with same company, 650 Thb I year cover half

Million if I go into coma due to Covid,hope I never have to claim....

regards worgeordie

3 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Roojai has responded appropriately in appreciation to your "heads up".

I have yet to receive my "official "policy but will be making a careful check on that detail regardless.

Dear Nojohndoe,

We are guessing you bought the Dhipaya product. We will send you a DM to ask your details to follow up with Dhipaya.

With the new product underwritten by KPI, we manage the entire process so we can assure speedy delivery.

3 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Dear Nojohndoe,

We are guessing you bought the Dhipaya product. We will send you a DM to ask your details to follow up with Dhipaya.

With the new product underwritten by KPI, we manage the entire process so we can assure speedy delivery.

Roojai

Thank you for engaging with us.  Can you give us a timeframe for when those of us who bought the Tipinsure policy will be receiving our documents?  Will they be emailled, or hard copy?

PH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Hi Sheryl,

It's a website issue. The disclaimers are dynamic, based on the products and features selected. The 90-days waiting period should show only if cancer insurance is selected. We flagged it to the IT team to fix the error ASAP. 

We can confirm that the waiting period for our covid insurance product is 14 days, as stated on the product page t&c and on the policy wording.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks again for flagging the issue.
Maybe we need to hire you for our QA(Quality Assurance) testing!

Regards,

The Roojai team

Maybe you need to get your act together. Hate to sound combative but there were all the same excuses last year, and when it was impossible to make any more excuses you blamed your underwriter and distanced yourself as the agent. I can only imagine how making a claim must be

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Roojai

Thank you for engaging with us.  Can you give us a timeframe for when those of us who bought the Tipinsure policy will be receiving our documents?  Will they be emailled, or hard copy?

PH

Hi Phulublub,

Unfortunately we cannot give a timeframe. We will send you a DM to get the policy details and follow up with Dhipaya.

The Roojai team

8 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Maybe you need to get your act together. Hate to sound combative but there were all the same excuses last year, and when it was impossible to make any more excuses you blamed your underwriter and distanced yourself as the agent. I can only imagine how making a claim must be

The all important question is : Did you get your policy issued or not?

And going by  date have you renewed?

At this point in time I am satisfied enough with the responses  from  the Roojai Team

• Like 1

And Roojai have now phoned me (after sending PM ti ask for my policynumber...no Big Brother conspiracy!). 

They confirmed my policy is in effect, that it had a 14 day restriction, and that the policy documents will be sent by snail mail. They said will be another couple of weeks as they are very busy...sounds like a lotof folk have decided some cover is wirthwhile all at the same time!

PH

• Like 1

Below is the email confirmation you get, if you click "see the policy wording" you can see the doc. Based on this email I'm assuming I'll get written confirmation in a few weeks (maybe). It doesn't give you much confidence in the potential claiming process.

But, i think this is a drop in the ocean anyway, I was chatting to someone yesterday whose farang father is in private hospital with Covid paying 30k a day, 14 days planned (420k), has to transfer 30k a day to get treated, so this insurance will last less than 4 days. No idea about costs of field hospitals and hospitels, no doubt falang will be fleeced.

Maybe @Roojaican give us an idea?

Screenshot_2021-04-26-17-40-49-996_com.microsoft.office.outlook~2.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

@Roojai

I took out the Covid policy a year ago and renewed it this year on 17th March.

I never received a confirmation email but did receive an SMS text with a reference number.

I would hope as this a renewal of an existing policy the 14 day 'waiting' period will not apply?

During Songkran I realised I hadn't received the new policy.

I called your service centre on 16th,19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd only to be promised a call backs, which never happened, hence I kept chasing. On 23rd my wife called, thinking perhaps in Thai she may get a better response. At no time did any of your operatives give any explanation for the delay.

Your operative asked if it could be sent by email, something I previously suggested, which saves on time and cost. Agreeing he promised to email the policy on Monday 26th.

I also sent a complaint via your online system, to which I have had no response

Guess what?

Monday 26th, no email, no contact to explain why and your office is now closed.

As an existing client of Roojai, with other Insurance policies, your service and responses do not do your company any favours in instilling any confidence to continue using your services in the future.

If there is/was a delay you could have blanket emailed existing clients to inform them of such.

The issue may be with Dhipaya Insurance, but you are the agent and as such this poor service reflects directly on your services.

It's now 41 days since you took the money from my account- it's utterly disgraceful.

How many more in the same boat. I don't seek an apology, I seek some action.

On 11th April you did send e an email:

Roojai.com customers can get unlimited Roojai Rewards by referring their friends.
Get ฿400 for each referred friend, and they get extra ฿100.
Refer more, get more!

That was a little late for April 1st. (It is a joke, right).

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Below is the email confirmation you get, if you click "see the policy wording" you can see the doc. Based on this email I'm assuming I'll get written confirmation in a few weeks (maybe). It doesn't give you much confidence in the potential claiming process.

But, i think this is a drop in the ocean anyway, I was chatting to someone yesterday whose farang father is in private hospital with Covid paying 30k a day, 14 days planned (420k), has to transfer 30k a day to get treated, so this insurance will last less than 4 days. No idea about costs of field hospitals and hospitels, no doubt falang will be fleeced.

Maybe @Roojaican give us an idea?

Screenshot_2021-04-26-17-40-49-996_com.microsoft.office.outlook~2.jpg

Hi scubascuba3,

Sorry, we don't get the question? Do you want us to clarify about the cost of medical care or about the claim process?

Regards,

The Roojai team

13 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

@Roojai

I took out the Covid policy a year ago and renewed it this year on 17th March.

I never received a confirmation email but did receive an SMS text with a reference number.

I would hope as this a renewal of an existing policy the 14 day 'waiting' period will not apply?

During Songkran I realised I hadn't received the new policy.

I called your service centre on 16th,19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd only to be promised a call backs, which never happened, hence I kept chasing. On 23rd my wife called, thinking perhaps in Thai she may get a better response. At no time did any of your operatives give any explanation for the delay.

Your operative asked if it could be sent by email, something I previously suggested, which saves on time and cost. Agreeing he promised to email the policy on Monday 26th.

I also sent a complaint via your online system, to which I have had no response

Guess what?

Monday 26th, no email, no contact to explain why and your office is now closed.

As an existing client of Roojai, with other Insurance policies, your service and responses do not do your company any favours in instilling any confidence to continue using your services in the future.

If there is/was a delay you could have blanket emailed existing clients to inform them of such.

The issue may be with Dhipaya Insurance, but you are the agent and as such this poor service reflects directly on your services.

It's now 41 days since you took the money from my account- it's utterly disgraceful.

How many more in the same boat. I don't seek an apology, I seek some action.

On 11th April you did send e an email:

Roojai.com customers can get unlimited Roojai Rewards by referring their friends.
Get ฿400 for each referred friend, and they get extra ฿100.
Refer more, get more!

That was a little late for April 1st. (It is a joke, right).

Dear Tanoshi,

We will send you a DM to get the policy information and follow up with Dhipaya.

Apologies,

The Roojai team

I think I have this insurance. I let it lapse then just renewed few days ago. B850.

It's takes about three weeks to receive the hard copy assuming you or person processing selected that option.

It's <deleted> insurance but I have two additional policies. Think it's essentially 100k thb reimbursable.

Not much help. Sorry.

26 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Hi scubascuba3,

Sorry, we don't get the question? Do you want us to clarify about the cost of medical care or about the claim process?

Regards,

The Roojai team

An idea of the cost of the covid care would be useful? how far does the 100k last? thanks

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

An idea of the cost of the covid care would be useful? how far does the 100k last? thanks

850 BHT a year for the top policy.

Buy Coronavirus (COVID-19) insurance online! | Roojai.com insurance

The mandatory Covid Insurance available for International inbound travellers to Thailand, which covers treatment up to 100,000 USD, is preliminary designed to cover costs in a private hospital facility.

Home - Covid 19 Insurance (tgia.org)

The voluntary Covid Insurance offered within Thailand, as I understand, is preliminary designed to cover costs in a Government hospital complex. The cover wouldn't last long in a private hospital.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

850 BHT a year for the top policy.

Buy Coronavirus (COVID-19) insurance online! | Roojai.com insurance

The mandatory Covid Insurance available for International inbound travellers to Thailand, which covers treatment up to 100,000 USD, is preliminary designed to cover costs in a private hospital facility.

Home - Covid 19 Insurance (tgia.org)

The voluntary Covid Insurance offered within Thailand, as I understand, is preliminary designed to cover costs in a Government hospital complex. The cover wouldn't last long in a private hospital.

which is what i said already, it wouldn't last a few days

21 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

I purchased this on 21st April. Received confirmation email with details including name, Passport No. reference number, beneficiary name in event of worst case outcome, and a "click here" button link to English non official translation of  basic policy wording which clearly states exclusion of payment in the event the insured is diagnosed with covid-19 within 14 days or is medically diagnosed as to having become infected within 14 days from date of policy purchase.

Seems a reasonable stand down period and terms from the Insurers position given that many might panic buy if suspect they have been exposed.

But it clearly says  14 days !

Paid for mine on 9th April, but nothing yet.

Here's a quote from the T&Cs attached to mine

The Company will pay the eligible benefits to the Insured within 15 days of receipt of the completed documents. In case of death, the benefit will be paid to the beneficiary, but other benefits will be paid to the Insured.

So if you are DEAD they will still pay 'other benefits' to YOU, the Insured.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Paid for mine on 9th April, but nothing yet.

Here's a quote from the T&Cs attached to mine

The Company will pay the eligible benefits to the Insured within 15 days of receipt of the completed documents. In case of death, the benefit will be paid to the beneficiary, but other benefits will be paid to the Insured.

So if you are DEAD they will still pay 'other benefits' to YOU, the Insured.

Yes. I had to wonder  about that. I am presuming it means they will pay up to the 100,000 for outstanding medical costs. Problematic in that is that if you are  dead  or incapable of paying the bill  to then be  reimbursed does it fall on the  beneficiary at a time when that beneficiary is presumably also dealing with whatever degree of personal situational trauma and possibly a funeral ?

I will continue to focus on the improbability of need. lol

• Like 1

Just now, Nojohndoe said:

Yes. I had to wonder  about that. I am presuming it means they will pay up to the 100,000 for outstanding medical costs. Problematic in that is that if you are  dead  or incapable of paying the bill  to then be  reimbursed does it fall on the  beneficiary at a time when that beneficiary is presumably also dealing with whatever degree of personal situational trauma and possibly a funeral ?

I will continue to focus on the improbability of need. lol

Paid for mine on 26th Feb and still waiting. However that is a renewal and if I remember correctly last year I had to wait 6 or 7 weeks before receiving the docs. Don't worry I'm sure it will come eventually.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hi scubascuba3,

There is no easy answer and really depends on the patient conditions, the hospital, the province, etc.

Sorry but we are not able to give you a definite answer.

Edited by Roojai
editing

Based on this thread and on Sheryl's comments on the thread:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215185-important-information-re-covid-coverage-for-expats-already-in-thailand/ 

I just signed up for Covid insurance through Roojai.  I am a little confused though because:

1) My policy provides 100k baht coverage but only cost 420 baht per year (not 850 as indicated in the posts here).  I did this online and selected the highest priced (most comprehensive) coverage option available.

2) Policy goes into effect immediately (today); there is no mention of a 14 day waiting period as described in this thread.

I am wondering if I got the same policy being described in this thread or not???

20 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

1) My policy provides 100k baht coverage but only cost 420 baht per year (not 850 as indicated in the posts here).  I did this online and selected the highest priced (most comprehensive) coverage option available

The other options are to the right of the 420 baht option. Don't use your mouse as it will not give you the option. You have to use your keyboard 'Right Arrow' to get to the other options. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Based on this thread and on Sheryl's comments on the thread:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215185-important-information-re-covid-coverage-for-expats-already-in-thailand/ 

I just signed up for Covid insurance through Roojai.  I am a little confused though because:

1) My policy provides 100k baht coverage but only cost 420 baht per year (not 850 as indicated in the posts here).  I did this online and selected the highest priced (most comprehensive) coverage option available.

2) Policy goes into effect immediately (today); there is no mention of a 14 day waiting period as described in this thread.

I am wondering if I got the same policy being described in this thread or not???

You have the caring policy at 420 baht per year some people opted for the protect policy at 850 baht per year

the 14 days waiting period is at the bottom of the web page

Waiting period of 14 days

https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/

23 minutes ago, wilai said:

The other options are to the right of the 420 baht option. Don't use your mouse as it will not give you the option. You have to use your keyboard 'Right Arrow' to get to the other options. 

That didn't work.  I called them and they cancelled my original plan and gave me the 850 baht plan. 

According to them, they are having issues with their online system right now.  I recommend anyone applying do it by phone.

Here is the screen shot I'm getting in the online sign up process, and as you can see, the "caring" option is the most comprehensive option being shown.  Clicking right arrow, as was suggested,  did not reveal an other plans.

511642459_snapshot_2021-04-27at3_01_17PM.jpg.0da5d149010374fbae95482d1c3c3608.jpg

So, if you want the "premium" plan (850 baht plan) the only way to get it at the moment is by phone at 02 582 8855. 

BTW, their customer service by phone is excellent.  I got a live voice in less than 1 minute of waiting.  The rep spoke fluent English, and was very helpful in resolving my problem...very nice people ????

31 minutes ago, wilai said:

^It worked on my laptop when I had the same problem (Roojai told me how to do it as I too telephoned them) but you are sorted now anyway.

Just curious; did you have a 14 day wait for policy to become active?  I was told by rep at Roojai that it activates immediately upon payment, and perhaps people were confused since it is the mailing of the policy that takes around 14 days.  The dashboard on my Account Page shows it is "active" as of right now.

Scroll to bottom of page

Terms and Conditions for Covid 19 insurance
  1. Age of the Insured can be 1 - 99 years old.
  2. Purchase is limited to 1 policy per person.
  3. The Insured must reside in Thailand (In case of a foreigner, he/she must have a passport and work permit or have resided in Thailand for more than 6 months.)
  4. You are able to cancel within 30 days (TELEMARKETING) and within 15 days (Electronic channels (Online)) from the date you receive the policy (Freelook Period).
  5. You should always study the details of coverage and conditions before deciding to buy insurance.
  6. The company provides a grace period for premium payment of 30 days from the due date.
What is NOT covered
  1. Pre-existing condition.
  2. Waiting period of 14 days.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

You have the caring policy at 420 baht per year some people opted for the protect policy at 850 baht per year

the 14 days waiting period is at the bottom of the web page

Waiting period of 14 days

Just so people know, the rep confirmed that there is no waiting period.  I made a point of asking if she was sure and she confirmed it is activated immediately upon payment of the premium. 

Perhaps they just recently changed their terms on that but have not updated their site yet? 

All I know is my policy shows that it is active on the My Accounts page as of today's date.

Edited by WaveHunter

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Just so people know, the rep confirmed that there is no waiting period.  I made a point of asking if she was sure and she confirmed it is activated immediately upon payment of the premium. 

Perhaps they just recently changed their terms on that but have not updated their site yet? 

All I know is my policy shows that it is active on the My Accounts page as of today's date.

the person you spoke to doesn't understand, i doubt they were lying, just lacking knowledge that's why it's important to read the policy doc \ T&Cs

Screenshot_2021-04-27-16-19-20-483_com.adobe.reader~2.jpg

• Like 1