Did anyone get the Roojai Covid insurance?

Kenny202

Got mine and wifey's policy today , apparently it was sent by EMS with a tracking number but nobody told us that.

I also logged in to the link supplied by " Wavehunter " in a previous post , used the e mail address and they sent a OTP to my phone.

Now I need to download the forms ( all in Thai ) and translate it.

Edited by NE1

On 4/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, Kenny202 said:

As stated in my PM to you, your constant references to "the insurer" irk me. I paid Roojai, I thought they were the insurer? On the return email it says my policy is being processed by Tipinsure (whoever they are), and now you are talking about Dhipaya? 

Also as stated, all I have is a robotic email response with a reference number, no reference to my name etc, which in most calls to your office they have said they have no record of. I appreciate your reply and your message but you must agree, this simply would not fly anywhere else and I believe you are an international company

Roojai is not an insurance company, Roojai is a broker. If you read the details you'll see there is an underlying insurer for all their products. I have the covid insurance which is via Tipinsure and also their car insurance which is via Krung Thai Panich.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:24 AM, steven100 said:

Yes ....  I purchased the Dhipaya insurance from the SCB ( Siam Commercial Bank )  

It's a 20 minute process and I am fully covered for all expenses incurred by COVID19 virus.

I received a discount and the cover is effective immediately.

Good to know as I had been considering Roojai - now removed from my list.

• Like 1

My wife and I are interested in purchasing insurance through Roojai with their "Value offer" (590 THB/year).  I'm a bit concerned, however, about their requirements.  When filling out their form to get this insurance, I have stated that my home is Bangkok.  At one point, however, a question comes up during the enrollment process "Has the person to be insured traveled to or from affected areas of COVID-19 during last 2 weeks?".  Can someone (preferably from Roojai) please explain what is an "affected area" in this context?  Every province in Thailand has some COVID, and where I live, in Bangkok, has quite a bit these days.  Am I still covered by the Roojai offer??

Roojai and I both gave up on receiving the paper docs so they emailed them to me today (Dhipaya Insurance) I noticed the terms were different to what i agreed to, I signed up to Plan 2 the confirmation said that, the docs I've just received say plan 4 , I recommend everyone check to see if their policy was changed.

If i was a cynical I'd say they are trying to pull a fast one and reduce cover. Before it said illness with serious conditions, now it says Coma only.

@Roojai can you confirm please?

Screenshot_2021-05-12-15-30-46-670_com.microsoft.office.outlook~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-12-15-31-32-349_com.adobe.reader~2.jpg

On 4/26/2021 at 3:32 PM, Nojohndoe said:

Roojai has responded appropriately in appreciation to your "heads up".

I have yet to receive my "official "policy but will be making a careful check on that detail regardless.

Thanks for that, I was about ask if you had the policy, I also purchased on the 21st.

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Roojai and I both gave up on receiving the paper docs so they emailed them to me today (Dhipaya Insurance) I noticed the terms were different to what i agreed to, I signed up to Plan 2 the confirmation said that, the docs I've just received say plan 4 , I recommend everyone check to see if their policy was changed.

If i was a cynical I'd say they are trying to pull a fast one and reduce cover. Before it said illness with serious conditions, now it says Coma only.

@Roojai can you confirm please?

Screenshot_2021-05-12-15-30-46-670_com.microsoft.office.outlook~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-12-15-31-32-349_com.adobe.reader~2.jpg

There's something else hidden in those terms which might not be as it seems.

Coma caused by 'coronavirus'.......COVID generally doesn't cause a coma directly. Coma is induced for treatment.

Edited by ukrules

11 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There's something else hidden in those terms which might not be as it seems.

Coma caused by 'coronavirus'.......COVID generally doesn't cause a coma directly. Coma is induced for treatment.

Yes it looks fishy, won't be just my policy hopefully @Roojai will look into it. I spoke to a rep on the phone and they are just guessing as usual

57 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Here's a translation of the relevant coverage item that I found on the Dhipaya Takaful (Islamic insurance) website:

6. ** Illness from coma or cerebral mortality and neurological failure or end-stage illness in which a serious illness that doctors have confirmed that there is no cure and / or causes death with cause. Mainly due to infection with the coronavirus

I believe this means that the insured would not necessarily have to die in order to collect the death benefit. It could be paid upon certification that the patient has no chance of recovery, such as being in a vegetative state. It also seems to stipulate that the coronavirus infection has to be the main cause of death or the trigger of the end-state condition in order to collect the death benefit. My read is that that this clause pertains only to the death benefit, not the medical expense coverage. You can find the full website here:

http://www.tiptakaful.com/en/insurance/detail/12/dhipaya-covid-19-insurance

I don't think the non-Takaful product would address this issue any differently.

I contacted the customer service call center 1736 at Dhipaya recently.

Very bad customer service, I called for assistance two times on different days to renew my insurance but received no helpful answers or any help.

I dread to think that if I were to be infected by Covid, I would have trouble getting the payment and help from them in the future.

I decided to buy Covid insurance from another insurance company instead.

Can anybody recommend an insurance company that has a shop in Chiang Mai that will attend to payment, claims and so on?

Edited by EricTh

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Thanks for that, I was about ask if you had the policy, I also purchased on the 21st.

I have received an emailed copy of the entire policy with an English translation of the basics in English on the 28th April but have yet to receive a paper copy.

Given that it is  now well past the 14 day qualifying period and having not yet succumbed to the dreaded lurgy I consider the printable policy and previous emails valid enough for the coverage stated in the hopefully unlikely event I would need call on it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

I have received an emailed copy of the entire policy with an English translation of the basics in English on the 28th April but have yet to receive a paper copy.

Given that it is  now well past the 14 day qualifying period and having not yet succumbed to the dreaded lurgy I consider the printable policy and previous emails valid enough for the coverage stated in the hopefully unlikely event I would need call on it.

What does the policy emailed to you say for cover? plan 2 or 4? coma?

Edited by scubascuba3

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

What does the policy emailed to you say for cover? plan 2 or 4? coma?

From memory of the options on the webpage I applied from there were only 2 "plan" choices at that time from Dhipaya Insurance Public Company.

I applied for No.2 which as is in the full policy provides "medical" coverage up to 100,000 and 1000,000 in the event of death or coma.

Typically of such documents the full Policy is 17 pages long , in Thai.

My capacity to read Thai is zero but I am sure it is full of the customary promises, disclaimers, exclusions etc but I remain confident that it is valid.

12 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Thanks, haven't heard anything at all from them.

51 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Not even an initial acknowledgment of a purchase with a reference number ?

Yes I did get the automated response the day they took the money, just nothing since.

Just wondering if 3 weeks was unusual, but appears not.

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Yes I did get the automated response the day they took the money, just nothing since.

Got the automated response from Roojai after they took the money [850 baht] about 45 mins after filling out the on-Line forms both to my email and to my smartphone

Got the full paper Policy and booklet by EMS 4 days later [is in Thai + English]

AS a PS: got my Thai friend to add the 'Roojai' Insurance icon to my phone makes things easy.

Edited by ignis
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I suggest you reply to that or quote the reference number it contains and politely request an update on progress.

Earlier on in this thread a Roojai Rep was active and did post that the processing was slow due to demand but considering some of us have received full documentation albeit electronically perhaps a reminder is not undue.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 11:56 AM, Nojohndoe said:

I suggest you reply to that or quote the reference number it contains and politely request an update on progress.

Earlier on in this thread a Roojai Rep was active and did post that the processing was slow due to demand but considering some of us have received full documentation albeit electronically perhaps a reminder is not undue.

Sent them a reminder and got email docs today.

Message said the publisher was closed due to covid and a while yet before any more paper docs will be sent out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Sent them a reminder and got email docs today.

Message said the publisher was closed due to covid and a while yet before any more paper docs will be sent out.

Did you check the docs to what you signed up to? i had loads of thai docs and an English one summarizing it

After 2 weeks twas a no show  got Mrs to call in Thai as English lines busy

Got Dipahaya full policy buy SMS and e mail same day

Cannot log  in Roojai account though says i dont exist

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did you check the docs to what you signed up to? i had loads of thai docs and an English one summarizing it

I had a look through and they seem to have converted critical illness to coma as some have already mentioned. The other thing I noticed was that the medical expenses was 100K, for 850 baht I thought it was 200K. When I get a chance I will get my wife to have a look through the Thai text. Would prefer to do with the paper version but that could take some time.

29 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I had a look through and they seem to have converted critical illness to coma as some have already mentioned. The other thing I noticed was that the medical expenses was 100K, for 850 baht I thought it was 200K. When I get a chance I will get my wife to have a look through the Thai text. Would prefer to do with the paper version but that could take some time.

in my Policy Book [30 pages]  bought cover 5th May so is new....

Policy17052021.jpg

34 minutes ago, ignis said:

in my Policy Book [30 pages]  bought cover 5th May so is new....

Policy17052021.jpg

I wasn't referring to terminal illness, the figure on that says 1 million as advertised. 

I was talking about in patient medical expenses which in the policy says 100K but the advertising says 200K.

But thanks for the info, I bought 21st April.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

They they did the same for my policy, waiting for @Roojai to comment. Someone at the call centre was following up but they barely understood the problem

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 9:30 AM, Roojai said:

Dear Kenny,

The summary of the policy wording is linked on the page, and the T&C are below the fold. 

Best Regards,

The Roojai.com team

Can you please explain why the website states the coverage for medical Expenses(In Patient) would be 200,000 baht for Plan4(Protect), but the policy documents show it as only 100,000 baht.

plans.jpg