Did anyone get the Roojai Covid insurance?

Kenny202

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Can you please explain why the website states the coverage for medical Expenses(In Patient) would be 200,000 baht for Plan4(Protect), but the policy documents show it as only 100,000 baht.

plans.jpg

Hi sandyf,
The comment you quoted is from 2020. That's about the Dhipaya covid-19 insurance product. We stopped selling that product a few months back. The product you shared the image of, is our exclusive product with KPI (only sold through Roojai). They are not the same product.

We hope that clarify.

Regards,

The Roojai team

2 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi sandyf,
The comment you quoted is from 2020. That's about the Dhipaya covid-19 insurance product. We stopped selling that product a few months back. The product you shared the image of, is our exclusive product with KPI (only sold through Roojai). They are not the same product.

We hope that clarify.

Regards,

The Roojai team

Hi Roojai

Can you explain the differences below, I signed up to Plan 2 (below) but what was emailed to me was plan 4 (below) which only specifies coma, can you see the difference?

Screenshot_2021-05-17-18-29-49-448_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-17-18-30-12-843_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

56 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hi Roojai

Can you explain the differences below, I signed up to Plan 2 (below) but what was emailed to me was plan 4 (below) which only specifies coma, can you see the difference?

Screenshot_2021-05-17-18-29-49-448_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-17-18-30-12-843_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

Hi,

The coverage is the same. We changed serious conditions/terminal illness to coma to be in line with the rest of the market.

Regards,

The Roojai team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Hi,

The coverage is the same. We changed serious conditions/terminal illness to coma to be in line with the rest of the market.

Regards,

The Roojai team

but you sold me the "illness with serious conditions" then subsequently switched it to "coma" only, how can that be right? I'll put it another way, i buy a Honda Click and you switch it after to a Honda Wave  for the same price and think that's just fine

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

but you sold me the "illness with serious conditions" then subsequently switched it to "coma" only, how can that be right? I'll put it another way, i buy a Honda Click and you switch it after to a Honda Wave  for the same price and think that's just fine

Hi scubascuba3,

The policy wording is the same so it is the coverage. The change was only on the website based on the most common words used in the market. Rest assured that the policy covers the same situations.

Here is the policy wording, you can find the additional definitions on page 8.
https://www.roojai.com/policy-wordings/COVID19_policy_wording_version_online_22APR2021_en.pdf

Regards,

The Roojai team

16 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi sandyf,

We hope that clarify.

Regards,

The Roojai team

Does not clarify anything, I only replied to that comment to make the post.

The image I posted is current and that is what I thought I bought on the 21st April. I only received the docs by email day before yesterday and they show medical expenses at 100K , not 200K.

Can you please explain.

@sandyf

Did you receive a policy from Dhipaya or KPI and what did you pay.

Certainly if you purchased on April 21st, you should have received the KPI policy.

I renewed in March and received the Dhipaya policy (only 100,000K), then they changed to the KPI policy sometime later, end March, beginning April due to issues with Dhipaya.

This what you should have received if you applied April 21st.

roojai covid insurance

฿850/year

• If you suffer from coma, severe brain injury, nervous system damage, terminal illness caused by COVID-19
    ฿1,000,000*
  • Medical expenses (in-patient) for COVID-19
    up to ฿200,000**
  • Medical expenses (out-patient) for COVID-19
    up to ฿10,000**
  • Additional Personal Accident coverage not related to COVID-19 for permanent disability, loss of organs, loss of sight and death
    up to ฿100,000

18 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

@sandyf

Did you receive a policy from Dhipaya or KPI and what did you pay.

Certainly if you purchased on April 21st, you should have received the KPI policy.

I renewed in March and received the Dhipaya policy (only 100,000K), then they changed to the KPI policy sometime later, end March, beginning April due to issues with Dhipaya.

This what you should have received if you applied April 21st.

roojai covid insurance

฿850/year

• If you suffer from coma, severe brain injury, nervous system damage, terminal illness caused by COVID-19
    ฿1,000,000*
  • Medical expenses (in-patient) for COVID-19
    up to ฿200,000**
  • Medical expenses (out-patient) for COVID-19
    up to ฿10,000**
  • Additional Personal Accident coverage not related to COVID-19 for permanent disability, loss of organs, loss of sight and death
    up to ฿100,000

Yes, as the image I posted earlier and what I thought I was buying.

I only received the policy docs by email day before yesterday and they have been issued by Dhipaya, hence my post yesterday.

PS Thanks for pointing out the difference between policies, just sunk in.

Edited by sandyf

17 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi sandyf,

We hope that clarify.

Regards,

The Roojai team

If you stopped selling Dhipaya a few months back, why is my policy from 21st April been issued by Dhipaya?

19 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Yes, as the image I posted earlier and what I thought I was buying.

I only received the policy docs by email day before yesterday and they have been issued by Dhipaya, hence my post yesterday.

Not that I doubt you, but double check when your payment went through.

I renewed beginning of March with the Dhipaya policy, the KPI not advertised and only through the Roojai TVF did I eventually get the policy emailed to me. I only received the hard copy via post last Friday. Took 2 months to receive.

It was due to complaints such as mine that Roojai changed to KPI, which is a better policy.

If indeed your payment was made April 21st, then you should have received the KPI policy and Roojai have a case to answer. It was only recently they changed to KPI, not months ago as claimed unless they screwed mine up as well. 

14 hours ago, Roojai said:

Hi scubascuba3,

The policy wording is the same so it is the coverage. The change was only on the website based on the most common words used in the market. Rest assured that the policy covers the same situations.

Here is the policy wording, you can find the additional definitions on page 8.
https://www.roojai.com/policy-wordings/COVID19_policy_wording_version_online_22APR2021_en.pdf

Regards,

The Roojai team

That policy wording relates to Krungthai Panich Insurance Public Company Limited. My policy docs says Dhipaya, can you check my policy?

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

FYI my policy 19 Apr is also Dhipaya

It would be extremely helpful and answer some questions if Roojai could confirm the date they changed their Covid advertising campaign to KPI on their website.

I only noticed the change 2/3 weeks ago.

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Not that I doubt you, but double check when your payment went through.

I renewed beginning of March with the Dhipaya policy, the KPI not advertised and only through the Roojai TVF did I eventually get the policy emailed to me. I only received the hard copy via post last Friday. Took 2 months to receive.

It was due to complaints such as mine that Roojai changed to KPI, which is a better policy.

If indeed your payment was made April 21st, then you should have received the KPI policy and Roojai have a case to answer. It was only recently they changed to KPI, not months ago as claimed unless they screwed mine up as well. 

The policy details on the screen when I ordered were as they are today, I remember the 4 policies with the KPI logo as I was a bit puzzled where Tipinsure came into it.

My payment was taken from my card within minutes of me placing the order. Shortly after ordering I had to go to my bank account for some other reason and was surprised it had gone through already. I had expected to provide some additional information before they went ahead, all they have is my age.

I was back at the website earlier and it has changed a bit. When I did it, I just clicked on the 850 baht version and it went to "Buy now", that does not happen any more, looks like you have to "Get Quote".

On 5/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, Tanoshi said:

It would be extremely helpful and answer some questions if Roojai could confirm the date they changed their Covid advertising campaign to KPI on their website.

I only noticed the change 2/3 weeks ago.

Hi Tanoshi,

There are three level of approval from OIC for a new insurance product: traditional sale, telesale, online sale. We launched the KPI product two months ago but were only allowed to sell it through telesale, and kept the Dhipaya product on the website for online sale. On the last week of April we launched the KPI product for online purchase from new customers but kept the renewal customers on the Dhipaya product. Two weeks ago we stopped selling the Dhipaya product even for renewal customers. 

Regards,

The Roojai team

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Hi Tanoshi,

There are three level of approval from OIC for a new insurance product: traditional sale, telesale, online sale. We launched the KPI product two months ago but were only allowed to sell it through telesale, and kept the Dhipaya product on the website for online sale. On the last week of April we launched the KPI product for online purchase from new customers but kept the renewal customers on the Dhipaya product. Two weeks ago we stopped selling the Dhipaya product even for renewal customers. 

Regards,

The Roojai team

That should answer many questions for the above posting members.

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not sure about that, lot's of unanswered questions Roojai doesn't seem to want to answer

Hi scubascuba3,

What is the question you would like an answer on?

The Roojai team

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Hi scubascuba3,

What is the question you would like an answer on?

The Roojai team

Hi, further up a few posts I said "That policy wording relates to Krungthai Panich Insurance Public Company Limited. My policy docs says Dhipaya, can you check my policy?" so maybe policy wording of Dhipaya may make more sense. I've pm'd you the policy details i bought, can you confirm it's exactly the same and hasn't changed (plan 2), thanks

Edited by scubascuba3

Still no policy after 5 weeks, how can you make a claim if needed with no policy number. Sent Roojai an email, never replied, called Tipinsure could not get an answer. Is it too late to try and get a pay back on the credit card? 

Called Roojai 28/04 and bought coverage, quoted VISA number and gave details as requested. I wondered why they only asked a few questions and was told their system identified me from my phone number as existing customer. An email was sent with Policy number virtually immediately and a few days later Postman was knocking on door for a signature for the paper policy from KPI. Totally hassle free, just hope I never have to claim, just saying I don't want Covid.

I bought the Roojai insurance on 30th April. Received an SMS confirming receipt of payment and that I should receive policy in about fourteen days, but might be later due to very busy staff.

I did receive it (KPI Insurance) in about fourteen days as promised.

I also bought the Rabbit Finance Covid cover mentioned in another thread on TV and the same with that. But I received a temporary policy in fourteen days with the promise that I was covered and the main policy would come, but was delayed due to staff being overwhelmed by interest. The policy I was buying had a time limit on it, but here is their  website:

https://rabbit.finance/expats-covid-center/

Edited by phetphet

9 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Still no policy after 5 weeks, how can you make a claim if needed with no policy number. Sent Roojai an email, never replied, called Tipinsure could not get an answer. Is it too late to try and get a pay back on the credit card? 

You receive an email with policy number after purchase.

You bought the Dhipaya policy.

Thanks to the Roojai team on TVF, I eventually received the policy by email.

The hard posted copy from Dhipaya took 9 weeks to arrive.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You receive an email with policy number after purchase.

You bought the Dhipaya policy.

Thanks to the Roojai team on TVF, I eventually received the policy by email.

The hard posted copy from Dhipaya took 9 weeks to arrive.

There is no policy number on my email unless it's the same as the reference number. 9 weeks for a policy to arrive is unacceptable service IMO.

20 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

There is no policy number on my email unless it's the same as the reference number. 9 weeks for a policy to arrive is unacceptable service IMO.

Exactly why Roojai ditched Dhipaya and changed to the KPI policy, which actually offers more for the same price. The reference number is all you need as proof of policy purchase.

• Like 2

For what it is worth, my experience with buying the (850 B) Roojai policy: received an SMS ca 48h after paying saying that details had been forwarded by e-mail. Found three PDFs (letterhead from KPI), these were password protected (password is your passport number):

1. Your policy number is ................

2. Coverage

3. Invoice.

• Like 1