Lazada scam?

SteveK

4 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Looks like it ships from and/or is assembled in China.

I wouldn't put much hope into it being genuine.

I have stopped ordering anything that is made in China or ships from China since the covid outbreak.

I knew you'd say that. Damn.

Just checked his profile and it seems something is definitely up. Looks like I'm stuck with my 1Kg+ FSA chainset for a while then.

scam.jpg.4ec64e29e7c5978b1ce38615ddca57e4.jpg

20 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I knew you'd say that. Damn.

Just checked his profile and it seems something is definitely up. Looks like I'm stuck with my 1Kg+ FSA chainset for a while then.

scam.jpg.4ec64e29e7c5978b1ce38615ddca57e4.jpg

Just as I thought.

Keep your money in your pocket mate & don't forget to always read the label :thumbsup:

Price in Germany about 150 to 170 Euro (5300 to 6000 Baht).

Would be sceptic.

Lazada dealership is a snake pit of fake stuff.

Swiss luxury watches fully genuine for 8000 Baht, haha.

Electronics even worse, completely absurd offers.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, domgaf said:

Order the item "cash on delivery," but don't get your hopes up, also check daily to see if it has shipped. If it hasn't shipped within a reasonable time, just cancel the order, nothing lost but time. 

I need another groupset for my converted  Scott addict  to a flat bar

I  have  a 105 groupset at the moment so have ordered the bits on offer from Steve's link  on a COD basis and will open the parcel and check contents  (if it arrives at all) before I pay the driver!

So Steve I am going to suck it and see but I don't have much hope of getting it to be honest! 

Just as a matter of interest has anyone got a "good condition" second hand  groupset for sale, don't need the drop changers though? 

Lazada is OK for certain things if you need them quick, and accept the fact that most of it is vastly over priced, and in the case of this crank almost certainly fake.  Aliexpress is a much safer bet for bike parts, and for most things you need actually if you don;t mind waiting a week or two to get them.

The big difference between AliExpress and Lazada is that AliExpress is set up much more like Amazon.  Everything is in English, and they have an excellent seller rating system that you can trust a lot more than on Lazada!  Prices are usually a real bargain, and if you are careful to read reviews, you can get very high quality items there.  Most importantly, their search engine is outstanding compared to Lazada.  Searching Lazada for the simplest item can sometimes be incredibly frustrating.  On AliExpress, it's a snap!

ANother BIG difference between the two platforms is that AliExpress allows you to sort searches by "number of orders".  This makes it really easy to see which merchant sells the most of a particular item and generally the one who sells the most will have the highest number of reviews, and is usually the one you can trust most.  On Lazada, it's impossible to do this, and if you notice, many product seem to have one and only one review, which I find real suspicious.  I don't think Lazada is very strict with merchants and allows them to post fake reviews.  On ALiExpress, it's pretty clear that most reviews seem legit, and many of the reviews include buyer pictures of the item they bought, and many of those reviews go into great detail, and seem very honest and transparent!

AliExpress is also very good about not listing blatant counterfeit items...BUT they do it in a strange way.  Truth is, they seem to allow "knockoff" items as long as the branding is not counterfeited, and the truth is, I've bough a lot of such items where it turns out that the quality of the knockoff is sometimes superior to the original!  Most merchants on AlieEpress do not try scamming customer into thinking it is the original, and buyer reviews often will make it clear that it is a indeed a knockoff.  It's up to you to decide if this is morally correct or ot, but I think it's just fine personally.

The other nice thing about AliExpress is that merchants seem very good about replying to instant messaging, and surprisingly their English is pretty good.  it is all much better than on Lazada.

I'm a big fan of both platforms, bit tend to buy much more on AliExpress.  Just thought I'd share my thoughts...hope it is helpful to anyone new at all of this since, if you;re living in Thailand as an exPat yo often have a need to make online purchases for things you can't buy through brick & morter stores.

Oh, and one more suggestion...one often overlooked source of bike parts (or anything actually) is Facebook Marketplace.  All sorts of items of every possible description, both new and used, mostly from private sellers.  It has an outstanding search engine and you can filter by province, by town, and even down to within 1km of where you live if you want.  Most sellers are Thai, so language can be an issue.  Also, Facebook marketplace is essentially unmoderated, so if you run into a scammer, you;re pretty much out of luck, but my personal experience is that I've only run  into one scammer out of dozens of purchases I've made there.

Anyway, here's the link if you want to checkout Facebook Marketplace:   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Lazada is OK for certain things if you need them quick, and accept the fact that most of it is vastly over priced, and in the case of this crank almost certainly fake.  Aliexpress is a much safer bet for bike parts, and for most things you need actually if you don;t mind waiting a week or two to get them.

The big difference between AliExpress and Lazada is that AliExpress is set up much more like Amazon.  Everything is in English, and they have an excellent seller rating system that you can trust a lot more than on Lazada!  Prices are usually a real bargain, and if you are careful to read reviews, you can get very high quality items there.  Most importantly, their search engine is outstanding compared to Lazada.  Searching Lazada for the simplest item can sometimes be incredibly frustrating.  On AliExpress, it's a snap!

ANother BIG difference between the two platforms is that AliExpress allows you to sort searches by "number of orders".  This makes it really easy to see which merchant sells the most of a particular item and generally the one who sells the most will have the highest number of reviews, and is usually the one you can trust most.  On Lazada, it's impossible to do this, and if you notice, many product seem to have one and only one review, which I find real suspicious.  I don't think Lazada is very strict with merchants and allows them to post fake reviews.  On ALiExpress, it's pretty clear that most reviews seem legit, and many of the reviews include buyer pictures of the item they bought, and many of those reviews go into great detail, and seem very honest and transparent!

AliExpress is also very good about not listing blatant counterfeit items...BUT they do it in a strange way.  Truth is, they seem to allow "knockoff" items as long as the branding is not counterfeited, and the truth is, I've bough a lot of such items where it turns out that the quality of the knockoff is sometimes superior to the original!  The merchants are ot trying to scam anybody into thinking it is the original, and buyer reviews often will make it clear that it is a knockoff.

The other nice thing about AliExpress is that merchants seem very good about replying to instant messaging, and surprisingly their English is pretty good.  it is all much better than on Lazada.

I'm a big fan of both platforms, bit tend to buy much more on AliExpress.  Just thought I'd share my thoughts...hope it is helpful to anyone new at all of this since, if you;re living in Thailand as an exPat yo often have a need to make online purchases for things you can't buy through brick & morter stores.

can you order COD with aliexpress ?

If you price checked it, and it looks good. Yes, but don't buy anything now if its shipping from China. Try searching same item and drill down to LOCAL. 

Maybe a couple bucks more fore same item but save some waiting aggrevation.

I always have good experience in general with Lazada.

12 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

AliExpress is also very good about not listing blatant counterfeit items...BUT they do it in a strange way.  Truth is, they seem to allow "knockoff" items as long as the branding is not counterfeited, and the truth is, I've bough a lot of such items where it turns out that the quality of the knockoff is sometimes superior to the original!  Most merchants on AlieEpress do not try scamming customer into thinking it is the original, and buyer reviews often will make it clear that it is a indeed a knockoff.  It's up to you to decide if this is morally correct or ot, but I think it's just fine personally.

Aren't Lazada and Ali Express both owned by AliBaba Group?

Just now, WalkingOrders said:

If you price checked it, and it looks good. Yes, but don't buy anything now if its shipping from China. Try searching same item and drill down to LOCAL. 

Maybe a couple bucks more fore same item but save some waiting aggrevation.

I always have good experience in general with Lazada.

I'm having no issues with receiving packages from China at all; have not even noticed a slow down during the last month amazingly.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

can you order COD with aliexpress ?

Yes, they have a variety of payment options including COD, but why would you want to do that?  Much easier to pay with credit card or bank transfer, and very safe.

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Yes, they have a variety of payment options including COD, but why would you want to do that?  Much easier to pay with credit card or bank transfer, and very safe.

I prefer COD so if there is an issue I don't have to dick around  with my bank sorting a charge back.

I cannot find the COD option with aliexpress, do you have a link ?

• Like 1

don't do it!  although they may be counterfeit, my experience is that the "real" shimano products manufactured in china are carp.  poor quality metal and castings that break easily.

hubs have lower quality bearings and seals than you find with shimano from other countries (singapore, indonesia, malaysia), or even with shimano made in china for export.  this low-price stuff would likely be for the low-quality domestic market.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Aren't Lazada and Ali Express both owned by AliBaba Group?

Yes you are correct, but the difference between the two platforms, from a buyer's perspective are like night and day.  AliExpress is a FAR better platform with far more high-quality merchants IMO.

5 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm having no issues with receiving packages from China at all; have not even noticed a slow down during the last month amazingly.  

Strange that , cos'  I ordered something " local " 8 days ago and it has never moved from processing , so I cancelled it.

Sometimes I wonder if " local " is really local.

I have another " local " one from the 12th that hasn't moved yet.

Edited by NE1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Strange that , cos'  I ordered something " local " 8 days ago and it has never moved from processing , so I cancelled it.

Sometimes I wonder if " local " is really local.

I have another " local " one from the 12th that hasn't moved yet.

On desktop you can see sellers location, not on mobile version.

I have the same issue with a bangkok seller, not started shipping in 2 days, and not read my message in chat.

Customer agents says if item not started shipping in 36 hours weekdays, one can assume order will be cancelled.

On 4/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, ChouDoufu said:

don't do it!  although they may be counterfeit, my experience is that the "real" shimano products manufactured in china are carp.  poor quality metal and castings that break easily.

hubs have lower quality bearings and seals than you find with shimano from other countries (singapore, indonesia, malaysia), or even with shimano made in china for export.  this low-price stuff would likely be for the low-quality domestic market.

Are you sure it is Shimano endorsed by Shimano ?  I think that a lot of stuff that is sold cheaply is rejected by the original customer for quality reasons so while it may have been ordered by Shimano and manufactured to Shimano specs, it may have been rejected, perhaps because fo quality issues, and then sold elsehwhere on the grey or black market.

Caveat emptor.

SC 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 11:21 AM, n210mp said:

I  have  a 105 groupset at the moment so have ordered the bits on offer from Steve's link  on a COD basis and will open the parcel and check contents  (if it arrives at all) before I pay the driver!

Interesting to see what arrives. If it's half decent and weighs what it should it could save me almost 400g on my bike for 1200 baht. Otherwise I shall be going for a CVR Hardrock which is almost as good: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1000006338700.html

16 hours ago, SteveK said:

Interesting to see what arrives. If it's half decent and weighs what it should it could save me almost 400g on my bike for 1200 baht. Otherwise I shall be going for a CVR Hardrock which is almost as good: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1000006338700.html

Hi Steve only discussing this last night with my mate Bobbo, he  thinks it won't arrive, end of story ha ha.

I really need to change my 105/Tiagra but had the bike up to Popular cycling mechanic (IMHO) one of the best bike engineers in Pattaya) and at my age and state of diminishing health advised just to change the cassette and chain.

I have been looking at the Satah Empire Pro but cannot find one from Aliexpress that includes a crankset  and your last post seems to fit the bill. 

As Satah Empire have gained popularity their prices seem to keep going up though, so maybe I will settle for just a cassette and chain       

23 hours ago, SteveK said:

That's like one extra can - go for it!

When I tested the shopping bike, I loaded 12 cans in each pannier and a case of beer on the back, a six-pack in the basket, one more can in there, and one in the bottle holder

IMG_1069.thumb.JPG.cf14381484941c5bd192785e7be2aab8.JPG

My buddy was not impreessed - "YOu could have taken the pump off and fitted your other bottle holder, and made it 57"
"Aye, right, and what if I get a puncture"
"Phone me that you've got a puncture and 57 cans of beer, and I'll be there"

Apologies for the digression

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2020 at 2:51 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

Looks like it ships from and/or is assembled in China.

I wouldn't put much hope into it being genuine.

I have stopped ordering anything that is made in China or ships from China since the covid outbreak.

That'll teach them, trump can shelve his trade war plans now ????

• 4 months later...

Last August 1, 2020 I was surprised my old employer called me for I have a parcel from Lazada. So, I asked them to forward the parcels in my new address. All I can remember I did not order any items on that period of time nor expecting any parcel from them. When the items arrived I paid them since it was COD method. Now, to my surprise when I opened the parcel it was a very old teared clothings and the smell was really bad. I immediately message the chat center of Lazada informing them about those items. They instructed me to send back the items to their warehouse and will be refunded even my shipment fees. After few days, I sent back the parcel to their warehouse and on same day I also message them to inform that I already sent the items. But unfortunately, there was no action for the refund until this present. What upsets me knowing I was been scammed. After a few weeks same parcel has arrived same address, so I instructed them to return those items and will not pay. So on that day I message the chat center regarding another parcel. And warning them to secure my informations as well.

Up to this present almost everyday I make follow ups regarding my refund and always promised from the agent I talked. I even called their hotline to speak with the supervisor or manager but they did not allow me to speak. Thus that mean our informations in Lazada database are not secure? I hope this will be resolved soon and they will give my refund as well. Any advice?

IMG_3193 2.HEIC IMG_3195.HEIC IMG_3191 2.HEIC IMG_3194.HEIC IMG_3192 2.HEIC

• Like 1