Pattaya: New lockdown to begin Thursday, new travel requirements for foreigners, restrictions to be eased on some businesses

Jonathan Fairfield

24 minutes ago, Howiehotspur said:

Ditto .. been coming here 27 years , lived here now 5 years ( retired ) .. never have I had an issue every Thai I’ve had dealings with have been friendly enough , the only altercation I ever had and that’s why it’s so vivid was when I Sat on my life jacket ( brand new jacket ) .. and what I assume was the captain ( going to koh larn ) ripped it out from under me and told me ‘ it’s for wearing ‘ , well I think that’s what he said ... my ( Thai wife ) is a different story ofcourse ????

i think there will be many people who have been fortunate enough to not experience problems. i am sure there are places where it's fine. However you cannot ever convince me that Thailand is a friendly place with no xenophobia or a backward government. i saw it all the time and both my wife and I did not want our son to grow up in such a place. if you guyys, or anyone else is happy then good for you, but many are not and many have left. stay safe fellas, good luck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Not bad, the proverbial "If you don't like it you can always leave" doesn't appear until page 4. Would've thought the mods had started issuing bans for this smug, wind-up comment by now.

Im not wound up, the comment to me was right. If I dont like the xenopobia, poor service, terrible road safety, comstant digs at "farang", government feeding the whole bad attitude towards foreigners, second class citizen despite my decent contribution to society,, etc, etc,, then I could just leave. Well thats what me and my family did, never to return,. Anyway this thread is about the lockdown, so I hope it goes smoothly this time and you all stay safe. Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

I have just drove from my house at the darkside to my Jomtein condo and back.

From Khaotalo I had to turn left, so S, pass Makro, go thru Check Point 7, made a U-turn to goto Tepprasit.

I used my darkside house address on my TM30, yellow house book and my Thai drivers license, so I can't use those documents to enter the restricted zone.

I have a copy of my Jomtein condo chanote ( in my name in Thai script, not Thai company name) and condo house book ( blue, without my name). I show those to a police at Check Point 7 and he let me pass. He ask for my passport but did not look at it. He said next time show my passport and house chanote to pass.

Coming back I did not have to go thru any check point. From Pattaya Tai, go N to Klang, make a U-turn to goto Khaotalo. 

6 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

We should all be praying that the trial run is a similar disaster to the laughable effort last week and they give up the stupid idea for good.

Better than praying would be to join the queues, you surely have urgent business to do there. ???? 

Edited by yuyiinthesky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Are copy-shops allowed to open?

From the English version of the form (my bold):-

PermissionCertificateOfEntryEN.pdf 21.07 kB · 9 downloads

Does that really say one copy per entry / exit?

As far as what I have been told by city Hall is that you need to have 2 sets of the required documents on your first pass through the checkpoint.

They will keep one set, and they will stamp the second set with a stamp from City Hall, so that when you show up for subsequent screening, you will only need to show the stamped set, indicating that they already have a copy on hand.

But will all access to Pattaya be closed from 4am to 6am?   This is a question that needs to be answered.

23 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Im not wound up, the comment to me was right. If I dont like the xenopobia, poor service, terrible road safety, comstant digs at "farang", government feeding the whole bad attitude towards foreigners, second class citizen despite my decent contribution to society,, etc, etc,, then I could just leave. Well thats what me and my family did, never to return,. Anyway this thread is about the lockdown, so I hope it goes smoothly this time and you all stay safe. Good luck everyone.

Maybe you should change your Thai Visa Profile, as the Location:  Still states "Thailand".

• Like 2

I’m seeing a lot being done money being spent and the Government talking lifting?! Damn can send some of that money to the people I see standing in line at gold shops. I guess there just waiting for the second wave. That’s why there talking opening. Damn. ????

7 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

But will all access to Pattaya be closed from 4am to 6am?   This is a question that needs to be answered.

Actually I believe Pattaya will be "closed" from 10pm to 6 am as that is when the curfew is so no one should be out anyways.

From the OP: "The checkpoints will operate from 6am until 10pm

Edited by Kerryd

6 hours ago, actonion said:

As of this morning my wife travelled from East Pattaya to Second Road North Pattaya  and didnt see a road block or any police....

Because it starts tomorrow at 6am

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kerryd said:

Actually I believe it is from 10pm to 6 am as that is when the curfew is so no one should be out anyways.

From the OP: "The checkpoints will operate from 6am until 10pm

I though that the Nationwide curfew is from 10pm to 4am.

Does Chon Buri have a different curfew?

7 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Every single time.

Can't miss on opportunity to remind everyone of the current smear campaign against foreigners taking place.

Don't get complacent now lads, wouldn't wanna let your Chinese buddies down!

Am so tired of hearing all that foreigner smearing stuff from Thai authorities. What garbage Thai people are these idiots to not take care what they say? I also don't get why foreign governments do not react to these foreigner hating tendencies among Thai authorities. They is massive international  financial and development support for Thailand that needs to be put under the condition of exercising repect towards foreigners!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Imagine we pull this <deleted> in germany, uk or usa... we would be called Nazis within 5 minutes, rightly so.

Braindead asia can do what they want tho, it seems.

In Ireland you cannot go further than 2Km from your residence. No trips to the beach or Sunday drives. There are no ptotests. People are a bit <deleted> but no NAZI accusations! 

3 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Yes, everything was ok here until foreigners came in close proximity.

Then you maybe should point your finger at those who invited us, and after we have leave enjoy your life back at the rice field.

Edited by Parsve
Ms
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hallib said:

I was planing to move to Pattaya when my rental contract ends May 1st from Hua Hin, I just hope to be able to enter the city to prospect some property to rent. But I can not get an answer from the authority if I can move on May 1st.

If you can't get in touch take it as a no you can't move! ????

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

If bu!!$hit was music, this clown would be a marching band!

Yes a racist clown with no knowledge. A virus does not discrimate apart from the fact it's the " Chinese virus " By the way are they still the preferred tourists lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

On a two-wheeler at least , with the way the checkpoints have been arranged it should be no problem to enter Pattaya via Nakluea from the north or via Jomtien from the south, unless they have smaller checkpoints on those roads. 

Jomtien and Naklua are both inside the Central Pattaya "zone" so you could come in with a double decker bus if you want.

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

Jomtien and Naklua are both inside the Central Pattaya "zone" so you could come in with a double decker bus if you want.

Oh really, didn't know. So there must be other (then the ones on the map) checkpoints further north and south. Easy to get around the roadblocks listed. 

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You have an option, you can leave and never return?  

troll alert, there has been a huge uptick in racism towards foreigners, since the gangster regime got their way, last year even more so, and now with the Wuhan virus, it’s blaming all non-Han Chinese time

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

There has been a huge uptick in racism from top down from this regime, here in Bangkok, from last year, going to a bank cashier ( bangkok bank) to withdrawal,

easy go with passport, they check passport id, sometimes copy the Id,  give cash to customer, not anymore

go in now, they give you a form to fill in, saying you haven’t got the plague, aids, Wuhan virus, give phone number, go to cashier, cashier gets copy of passport Id, then thinks they are immigration, and checks visa, sometimes getting it wrong, copy’s visa page and Id then give money to customer

Thai walks in, copy of id, gets money, that’s it

that’s racism, Han Chinese style, exactly what’s going on in China and now here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't say I've noticed.

Not many foreigners around where I live though.

But it's odd to find it in Pattaya where everyone makes their money from foreigners.

I live here, in naklua, part of Pattaya City of course but has generally always been a fair bit more quiet.

In to my 11th year here.

I have noticed the increase in animosity, as has the handful of friends I chat with.

Yet I am quiet never shout, partly keep myself to myself.

Been told to go home a few times, been described as a dirty falang a handful of times.

Exceptions to a somewhat negative attitude, the staff in the nearby Tesco Express are all fine with me.

As are the street side vendors,l the motorbike/sidecart vendors.

They still smile and say Hello, despite the fact I would say their trade must be over 80 % down.

Edited by seasia

9 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Imagine we pull this <deleted> in germany, uk or usa... we would be called Nazis within 5 minutes, rightly so.

Braindead asia can do what they want tho, it seems.

If you use the analogy already, I can't resist to stress out, that those so called "lock downs" in a quality like we see right now (doesn't matter where, seems all governments jump on the same train)  did occur in 1933 last time.

Can tell you, Germans like me when I mention it. ????