Trat: Moonshine finishes off drinker who didn't listen to mum

webfact

Trat: Moonshine finishes off drinker who didn't listen to mum

8pm.jpg

Trat police and medical staff went to a convenience store in Muang district where they found 58 year old Wasan dead. 

He was face up and shirtless and had been dead for three hours. He had suffered from cirrhosis. 

His mother Samrit, 75, said she had warned him that no good would come of his drinking. 

But he never listened to her.

He had been unable to get beer because of the alcohol ban in Trat and had turned to moonshine, she said.

He had binged on this for the last two days and that finished him off. 

Samrit thought something was up when she went to the lavatory and saw her son lying still. 

She gave his leg a nudge and realized he was dead and called the authorities.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-15
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

Moonshine is a little misleading ,it makes one think of a still set up in the Kentucky woods or something,he was most likely drinking methanol or some such.

Where did you get hat information?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

RIP man, won't be the last one for sure ...

While personally a booze ban really is about the 99th of my problems I've got to say these bans ought to be the most damn stupid thing I've seen in a fair while - a blind dude on crutches would have seen that coming with either some sort of still or some bloke fermenting stuff away ina couple buckets behind every other corner ...  

Maybe you're right, but it sounds to me as the ban did little more that hasten the inevitable. 

Which actually is also true of most of the Covid 19 deaths around the world.

6 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Moonshine is a little misleading ,it makes one think of a still set up in the Kentucky woods or something,he was most likely drinking methanol or some such.

Whatever it was isn't imported, it done him in. :burp:

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Will his death be classified as Covid19 ?

Since the ban was never Covid-19 related the death won't be either. This Songkran ban has been in the works since last year. It is someone's personal agenda. They want to make April a dry month in Thailand, as well as the entire period of Buddhist Lent from Khao Phansa to Awk Phansa.

The people behind this push need to be identified and be forced to acknowledge their responsibility in this death. If they succeed in their plans, there will be a lot more deaths like this one. The Thai culture does not support their extremist views.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

My maid, from Issaan, made some Lao Khao in a bucket using sticky rice. Left it out in the sun to ferment. “You better drink it now, if I let it ferment any longer it will kill you,” she said.

I tried a mouthful and my vision flashed on and off. For a moment my lights went out. The maid ate the residual sticky rice and was found the next day, out in the pouring rain, unconscious under a palm tree.

With the booze ban it would not surprise me if half of Issaan was now lying under a palm tree.

Smoooooothe stuff!

You seemed to have overlooked the fact that Lao Khao does not become a strong liquor until it has been distilled. Until then it's just rice soup with a bit of alcohol in it.

50 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

You seemed to have overlooked the fact that Lao Khao does not become a strong liquor until it has been distilled. Until then it's just rice soup with a bit of alcohol in it.

You think our maid had access to a still? I seriously doubt and suspect the Issaan folk have a simple way of making it. All I saw was a plastic bucket with sticky rice and a clear liquid that was rocket fuel..... Only one word describes it.... Lethal.

No doubt there will now be a slew of responses on how the stuff is made.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

You sound like you haven't tried it,it's bloody nasty.

17 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You think our maid had access to a still? I seriously doubt and suspect the Issaan folk have a simple way of making it. All I saw was a plastic bucket with sticky rice and a clear liquid that was rocket fuel..... Only one word describes it.... Lethal.

No doubt there will now be a slew of responses on how the stuff is made.

No of course she wouldn't have access to a still, so what I'm saying is that what you were drinking was not Lao Khao. It was, roughly speaking, a simple rice wine. Something akin to Japanese Sake. Although probably no where near as good. ????

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

You seemed to have overlooked the fact that Lao Khao does not become a strong liquor until it has been distilled.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

No of course she wouldn't have access to a still, so what I'm saying is that what you were drinking was not Lao Khao. It was, roughly speaking, a simple rice wine. Something akin to Japanese Sake. Although probably no where near as good. ????

So poster, you should know the penalty for contradicting yourself on TV. The men in white coats will be coming for you.

I used to drink Sake with my Japanese business partner, who would get legless on it trying to drink like a Gaijin. You are correct (of course) in that both are made from rice. But comparing Sake to Lao Khao is like comparing Snow White to this guy....

mask with knife.jpg

Edited by DaRoadrunner