Chonburi officials earmark 1 May for lifting of restrictions and partial return to normality

webfact

Looks like the cart before the horse time saying May 1st

Let's see how the Corovirus numbers  turn out before then

Wont be many tourists flying in either with the restriction rules required

On arrival if any flights are available think myself it will a couple of months at least

I am not scientist but from a point of view of the virus spread, my gut feeling 1st of May sounds like a bit of rush. i.e. if I would think only about the virus spreading to be under control, I'd wish at least few weeks or months more of confinement.

Now, I guess that the government has a lot of pressure to lift the restrictions as for the economic/social harm they are causing. So I guess they are in a rush to try to let people keep on living on something. As already other posters mentioned, many spots, i.e. the ones with tourists from abroad who stay short-term, will take really long to achieve the same level of occupancy as before. If they ever do. Because of many reasons. a) Westerns have little money because of the virus in their countries, b) travel restrictions and headaches everywhere, c) they can find national holidays spots. Still, there might be some tourists from China, Japan, Korea... I'd not be surprised about it. Keeping in mind that most of those tourists came for periods of around 14 days, it is not viable that they will have to quarantine 14 days upon arriving. Also shortages of test kits all around the globe make it impossible to get tested before flying.

Not sure what will be the result. 

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

????

I agree this is a step too far... smaller businesses to resume slowly, if it proves to be okay then start to extend it out to others, ending with the larger premises.

• Like 1

if Chonburi province opens and the other provinces don't what will be the consequences, how and by whom is this being schedule.... out in the sea big waves coming (double meaning) I see trouble or big trouble on the horizon

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Does that suggest that Pattaya has a huge covid19 problem?

It would be interesting to know the real transmission and mortality rate for Pattaya. Herd Immunity is sure to have failed in Pattaya, the same way it  has failed in Sweden. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2020/04/14/sweden-22-scientists-say-coronavirus-strategy-has-failed-as-deaths-top-1000/amp/

Italy has opened baby clothes shops, book shops and some other obscure type of retail. If that is a return to normal then it ain't my kind of normal.

Remember one flair up in Europe and we will all be back in our boxes.

How can anyone book a trip with all this uncertainty going on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

....and even longer for citizens to be able to get the new requirements that Thailand will demand - i.e. certificate virus free

Will the Chinese also have to have certificate virus free? Or will that only apply to westerners?

45 minutes ago, simtemple said:

It would be interesting to know the real transmission and mortality rate for Pattaya. Herd Immunity is sure to have failed in Pattaya, the same way it  has failed in Sweden. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2020/04/14/sweden-22-scientists-say-coronavirus-strategy-has-failed-as-deaths-top-1000/amp/

i have a friend from back home in pattaya, he could have returned home but chose to stay, he has never stopped having females back to his hotel and now apartment, he is early 50s but overweight and ex smoker who has some underlying health issues, if he doesn't catch the virus then it's probably ok.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hi. I am in the same case.

- and I may not be able to come back before my Retirement ReEntry expires :(. I hope Immigration will do something for this case. I must not be alone !

- I could accept this 14-days quarantine, as it may take a while since foreigner are able to enter without it, and I want to be back ASAP.

Anyone has any idea on how/where this quarantine is done ?

Perhaps they can consider an extension eqivalent to the time lost beause of this Corona virus to us holders of the O-A visa from its expiry date. Mine expires in Otober but i did get a re-entry visa before leaving.

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

i have a friend from back home in pattaya, he could have returned home but chose to stay, he has never stopped having females back to his hotel and now apartment, he is early 50s but overweight and ex smoker who has some underlying health issues, if he doesn't catch the virus then it's probably ok.

Crazy behavior. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aussienam said:

Hoping those with Non Imm O & OA visas will be allowed back into Thailand since a lot of us were and still are living there and renting.  Frustrating I can't get back into Thailand where I am still paying rent and was living.  My fridge and wifi is still on! All my belongings are there. 

Happy to quarantine on arrival and have COVID19 test before I fly back.  Before tourists are allowed, please give concessions to allowing retirees back sooner.  Going mental with frustration! 

I Hope the Thai kingdom allows the farang retirees and others who are normally living in Thailand, back into the country sooner.  Happy to start spending my money there again and abiding by all rules as I have always done.  Sawadee krup.  Khob khun krup. 

Australia isn't letting anyone in either, except for citizens and residents.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Crazy behavior. 

If this virus is as dangerous to normal, healthy people as we are led to believe, Pattaya bar girls should be dropping like flies. As far as I can tell, they aren’t.
Many of them are still working online, or on the streets, and then going back to the cramped rooms that they share with several other girls, who do the same thing every day. 
I’ve asked all of the girls I know, whether they, or any of their friends have been sick, and all of them have said no. Should I believe them, or are they just lying to me, to avoid scaring a potential customer away?

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Like 1

so the Governor of Chonburi decides it is safe in pattaya and everyone is going to hit the streets like nothing happened - I for one won't be, just remember folks there is a deadly virus about and you seriously do not want to catch it