Cancel AIS 30 day recurring internet phone package

bbi1

Does anyone know the code to enter into a phone on AIS to cancel the 30 day recurring charge for an internet phone package? For example, I'm on the "30 day full speed 199 baht Full Speed Data !GB" internet package for my phone. The code to enter to activate is *777*984*1218# but I don't know what code I enter to deactivate this. Anyone know by any chance?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not quite what you asked for but might help you get what you want if you don't get the right answer.

When I don't want mine renewed I just keep the balance below what is needed to renew, although I think you might be able to cancel it completely from the "my AIS" App.

From experience the AIS hotline (1175) in English is not too bad.

I browsed through some older threads about that.

Also peeked into myAIS app and eService website and could not find a cancel package feature.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 years later...

My apologies for necroposting, but I too have a similar issue.

I left Thailand just over a month ago and my AIS prepaid SIM had a credit balance.

But today when I checked it showed a debit balance of -8.89 ฿.

On the My AIS app, I cannot see any recurrent active packages nor could I see for what the deductions were done for.

Anyone has any idea how to cancel all (if any) recurrent data packages?

(Already sent email to AIS and will post their reply with solution, if any)

Thank you in advance.

Edited by ravip

Well, I did get a response superfast, but not exactly sure what they are saying. I was in Thailand from the 1 July  - 27 August 2023.

Are incoming SMS charged (e.g. Bank OTP)?

Never used outgoing IDD calls on roaming.

Dear xxx,
As we have checked, wewould like to confirm that the amount is correct, due to you have and advanced airtime on your phone 20 Baht. OIf you hit 0 Baht but you send some SMS or makeing call it would be deducted maximum 20 Baht as a minus amount.

We seen you used some phone call/ SMS / SMS roaming on 04/08/2023 and 27/08/2023 so that the amount that you seen is the amount since 27/08/2023.

But your mobile number valid until  05/08/2024 so do not worry about that.

Best Regards,
zzz/AIS Contact Centre

1 hour ago, ravip said:

It seems AIS is charging for the OTP sms when you are overseas. Again, my account was deducted just now!

It is possible but I would be surprised if that is the case as nobody else has reported it and it would be a major change.

From the earlier reply you posted the charging seems to be linked to some sort of "package" - the advanced air time mentioned perhaps. It does suggest that you have not been able to cancel everything or you are inadvertently using something........ 

PS - are you sure data is switched off 100% for that sim?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, treetops said:

I would suspect some sort of data "leakage" too, even if no data package exists and it's getting used at a standard rate.

Infact, when I am not in Thailand the AIS SIM is on another phone which is switched off most of the time. According to the reply I received from AIS, seems when you check the balance its charged as a SMS (roaming).

The "Emergency airtime service" is a 'loan' of 20 ฿ when a prepaid account balance becomes 0 and it is recovered from the next top-up you do.

Emergency airtime service can be cancelled by *602*1#

So I guess, when not in use, keep the balance as low as possible and ONLY top-up to extend the life of the SIM.

Dear xxx ,

After investigation, first top up 20 Baht  minus 8.89 so the remaining is 11.10 Baht.

Second top up 20 Baht +11.10 Baht =31.10 Baht.You have sent 1 SMS  =22.47 Baht so the balance is 8.63 Baht now.

Best Regards,
zzz /AIS Contact Center

I'm with AIS and yes they charge for SMS when you are not in Thailand.  I always keep a reasonable balance to cover these charges when not in Thailand because I also send a monthly SMS to keep the account active.  Small price to pay because during covid I didn't do this and lost my "lucky" Thai mobile number as a result.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also had weekly package that got deducted so I only kept minimal balance and once that runs out no more money is taken since I have no money in my account. Once I return, I add the money again for my duration. You can also add time for validity using MyAIS app with bonus credit they give you for refilling in your country using the wifi connection so you don't lose your account/number.

Edited by gt162
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, DodgerRodger said:

I'm with AIS and yes they charge for SMS when you are not in Thailand.  I always keep a reasonable balance to cover these charges when not in Thailand because I also send a monthly SMS to keep the account active.  Small price to pay because during covid I didn't do this and lost my "lucky" Thai mobile number as a result.

12 hours ago, gt162 said:

I also had weekly package that got deducted so I only kept minimal balance and once that runs out no more money is taken since I have no money in my account. Once I return, I add the money again for my duration. You can also add time for validity using MyAIS app with bonus credit they give you for refilling in your country using the wifi connection so you don't lose your account/number.

Thank you for the clarifications.

What confused me was that all these years, I used to check the balance once in a way by using the USSD code *121# and was never charged (when I was out of Thailand).

I extended the validity of the SIM by transferring 20 ฿ from by Bangkok Bank app - each   20 ฿ extends the validity by 1 month up to a maximum of 12 months, which seems to be the maximum period possible.

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Thank you for the clarifications.

What confused me was that all these years, I used to check the balance once in a way by using the USSD code *121# and was never charged (when I was out of Thailand).

Which is not receiving an OTP - so that statement you made earlier is definitely incorrect.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:07 PM, ravip said:

It seems AIS is charging for the OTP sms when you are overseas. Again, my account was deducted just now!

Balance replies are not OTPs........:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, topt said:

Which is not receiving an OTP - so that statement you made earlier is definitely incorrect.

Balance replies are not OTPs........:thumbsup:

The OTP i received was for the Bangkok Bank app and My AIS app.

BUT, I never send SMS - All the 'sending' I do are by USSD code.

Sorry, I was not clear in my earlier posts.

• 3 months later...

I have not used AIS for about two/three months.  Topped up today to keep sim active which brought credit balance up to monthly charge for package which I was using when in Thailand. .  Got charged for recurring package.

Cancelled it by dialling *689*61# . Got text confirmation of cancellation

On 2/3/2024 at 10:39 PM, Emeraldisle said:

I have not used AIS for about two/three months.  Topped up today to keep sim active which brought credit balance up to monthly charge for package which I was using when in Thailand. .  Got charged for recurring package.

Cancelled it by dialling *689*61# . Got text confirmation of cancellation

That USSD code is for cancelling the AIS Secure Net service: https://www.ais.th/aunjaicyber/en/secure-net.html