Bueng Kan Alcohol Ban Dates?

jimmjam

Due to a Thai language source (NNT National News Bureau of Thailand) the ban has been extended from 15 to 30 April.

The article is from today (April 16).

Same chaos as everywhere.

No coordination.

If a neighboring province extends to 30 April they have no chance but follow.

Similar to Khon Kaen. Originally planned until 17 April then extended to 30 April.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Due to a Thai language source (NNT National News Bureau of Thailand) the ban has been extended from 15 to 30 April.

The article is from today (April 16).

Same chaos as everywhere.

No coordination.

If a neighboring province extends to 30 April they have no chance but follow.

Similar to Khon Kaen. Originally planned until 17 April then extended to 30 April.

Cheers for the info, looks like im dipping into my whiskey supply????

• Haha 1

If your running out of alcohol during the ban just look for the mom and pop shops in neighborhoods. Usually they have alcohol but bring a backpack or something to conceal it and they'll have no problem selling to you. I have a store literally right next to my house and i haven't had any issues. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SilentSal said:

If your running out of alcohol during the ban just look for the mom and pop shops in neighborhoods. Usually they have alcohol but bring a backpack or something to conceal it and they'll have no problem selling to you. I have a store literally right next to my house and i haven't had any issues. 

Thats what i did, but she wouldnt sell it to me. Will try somewhere else today.

5 hours ago, jimmjam said:

Thats what i did, but she wouldnt sell it to me. Will try somewhere else today.

None here will sell - surprisingly, the ones who "may" have sold have long since run out of stock!

14 hours ago, SilentSal said:

If your running out of alcohol during the ban just look for the mom and pop shops in neighborhoods. Usually they have alcohol but bring a backpack or something to conceal it and they'll have no problem selling to you.

Try and report back? 

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

When I want a beer from the local mom and pop store, I send one of the Thai rels. No way I'm going to get caught no matter how long I've lived here and how well they know me.

The wife just came back empty handed. ????, only tried one shop though. ????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????????????

Shr did buy some bananas though so im saved.????

10 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

The wife just came back empty handed. ????, only tried one shop though. ????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️????????????

Shr did buy some bananas though so im saved.????

It seems you live in a bad district. Here where i living are 8 mama shops inbetween 400 meters of my house and the half of them selling beer. Only backdoors these days and only for people they can trust. And my favourite shop is very well prepared for the next couple of weeks if necessary. I am not stocked up from the beginning of the ban, because i know you could buy beer as usual as on any other bans like Buddhist holidays or election days. Living here to long for starting to panik. So one of my thai family members bringing the daily stuff we are needing for enjoying our dinner with the family together. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 2:27 PM, CGW said:

Try and report back? 

I've been going everyday and buying some beer and snacks with no issues. First time i went they were hesitant and said they can't, but i just said i'm a foreigner and i live a couple of steps away then they caved in and said ok haha. First time i went i didn't have my packpack either they give me a clear plastic bag with some paper wrapped around the whiskey. Ever since then i've been taking my backpack to make it easier and so they don't worry as much.

• Like 2