Anyone with an expired Covid-extension, please update.

I think quite a few folks with tourist related visas will have their Covid extension (not the consideration but actual extension) expire within the next few weeks. I am under the assumption that most of us are in the clear until the end of the month due to the visa amnesty, but any updates to verify this information would be greatly appreciated. Also if any of you hear information on what we should do after the 30th, that would be fantastic. And please, can we keep this thread on topic. Thanks!

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As you seem to already know you can stay until the 30th of this month.

The emergency decree that the ministerial order is based upon will end on the 30th. It will certainly be extended. When it is extended the exemption for a valid permit to stay will also be extended.

Thanks again joe clear and on point as always , helps a lot . 

• Like 1

I had the normal Tourist 30 extension to the 28 March.

I had a flight back to the UK for the 26th March that was cancelled by Ethiad.

I went to the Udonthani immigration office on the 30th March (28th was a Saturday so ok) and got a Coronavirus Extension until the 14 April where I was instructed to come back to get it re-extended on the 14th April.

I got a phone call from the immigration office on the 13th April that informed me that my paperwork had been verified and to come in on the 14th April to get it further extended (no cost).

I went to the immigrtion office and they have extended it until the 26th April.

I had a revised flight by Ethiad for today (17 April) but that has been cancelled as all flight are cancelled until the 1st May.

At this point I assume that I have to return to the immigration office on the 26th April to get it extended further.

I have also read (maybe on here) that foreigners with Coronavirus Extensions (non resident visas) will have to depart from Thailand by the 7th May.

I have informed my travel agent to therefore reschedule my return flight to the UK for the 3,4, or 5th May but no reply from him after 6 days.

I just checked Ethiad flights from Bangkok to London and they appear to all be sold out to the 7th May and the flight costs after that is over 33,000 bt !

Interesting times ahead !

On 4/16/2020 at 12:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

As you seem to already know you can stay until the 30th of this month.

The emergency decree that the ministerial order is based upon will end on the 30th. It will certainly be extended. When it is extended the exemption for a valid permit to stay will also be extended.

Hi Joe, sorry of you've already answered this... but does this apply only to those whose visas expired after March 26, as i've read in various places? My single entry visa expired March 20 and when i went in to Immigration they extended it to April 22. Is this automatically now part of the April 30 emergency extension? 

10 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

Hi Joe, sorry of you've already answered this... but does this apply only to those whose visas expired after March 26, as i've read in various places? My single entry visa expired March 20 and when i went in to Immigration they extended it to April 22. Is this automatically now part of the April 30 emergency extension? 

Yes and the April 30 amnesty will be extended.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cashboy said:

I have also read (maybe on here) that foreigners with Coronavirus Extensions (non resident visas) will have to depart from Thailand by the 7th May.

All rumors, nobody knows what will happen after the 30th right now.

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes and the April 30 amnesty will be extended.

Do you have a link that confirms that visas that expired before March 26 will also be extended to April 30? Where did you see that? Here is the info/link that I have re: the March 26 date:

"The person whose visas has expired from 26th of March 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th of April 2020. There is no need to apply for a visa extension at Immigration Office for this period and will not be fined THB 500 per day for this case."

https://immigration.go.th/content/visa_auto_extension

i assume 'from' means after march 26, but not those before; though praps with my April 22 extension that puts it in the new period in terms of the quote above. Its a bit vague... just hoping to avoid an unpleasant surprise if i assume the best case. 

thanks

Edited by Mike10

23 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

"The person whose visas has expired from 26th of March 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th of April 2020. There is no need to apply for a visa extension at Immigration Office for this period and will not be fined THB 500 per day for this case."

https://immigration.go.th/content/visa_auto_extension

i assume 'from' means after march 26, but not those before; though praps with my April 22 extension that puts it in the new period in terms of the quote above. Its a bit vague... just hoping to avoid an unpleasant surprise if i assume the best case. 

In English texts they usually call the "permission of stay" a "visa", because this is more easy to understand for most people.

They write "visa", but actually mean "permission of stay". If you had permission to stay until at least 26th March you are covered.

• Like 1

The word visa is often used by us and Thai immigration (incorrectly) as shorthand for "permission of stay".

Keep in mind the amnesty was announced sometime early April. That's why we currently have guys with permission of stay till dates such as April 22 eg.

Some folk obtained extensions after March 26. As it stands now they didn't need to. Waste of 1900 no big deal.

Anyway Mike your covered. Just look now for announcement of extension of amnesty date. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You extension type is irrelevant now. 

Under a ministerial order issued last week you can stay until the emergency is over. It ends on the 30th but it will certainly be extended.

Will people with Non-O marriage visas be extended automatically too? Or will they still have to visit Chaengwatana with their wife (for a 2-month? extension)?

35 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

Will people with Non-O marriage visas be extended automatically too? Or will they still have to visit Chaengwatana with their wife (for a 2-month? extension)?

90-day entries are specified as included in the order. 

The 60-day extension is not limited to those in the country on Non-O entries - any foreigner with Thai wife or children can apply for them - so this is not a factor.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The word visa is often used by us and Thai immigration (incorrectly) as shorthand for "permission of stay".

Keep in mind the amnesty was announced sometime early April. That's why we currently have guys with permission of stay till dates such as April 22 eg.

Some folk obtained extensions after March 26. As it stands now they didn't need to. Waste of 1900 no big deal.

Anyway Mike your covered. Just look now for announcement of extension of amnesty date. 

The amnesty uses the term according to visa type. The meaning of this is described on the MFA website 

See section 8 

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15405-General-information.html

This is the admitted until date that a person receives at the border.

4 hours ago, Mike10 said:

How you doing Mike,

I went to Jomtien Immigration yesterday mornin just to be sure and the dude basically shooed me away.

I arrived on 20th Jan with a 60 day visa, extended which gave me til 18th April. So it looks like you're in a similar situation.

The way I understood it, since you were here legally on 26th March you're good.  

23 hours ago, Cashboy said:

I had the normal Tourist 30 extension to the 28 March.

I had a flight back to the UK for the 26th March that was cancelled by Ethiad.

I went to the Udonthani immigration office on the 30th March (28th was a Saturday so ok) and got a Coronavirus Extension until the 14 April where I was instructed to come back to get it re-extended on the 14th April.

I got a phone call from the immigration office on the 13th April that informed me that my paperwork had been verified and to come in on the 14th April to get it further extended (no cost).

I went to the immigrtion office and they have extended it until the 26th April.

I had a revised flight by Ethiad for today (17 April) but that has been cancelled as all flight are cancelled until the 1st May.

At this point I assume that I have to return to the immigration office on the 26th April to get it extended further.

I have informed my travel agent to therefore reschedule my return flight to the UK for the 3,4, or 5th May but no reply from him after 6 days.

I just checked Ethiad flights from Bangkok to London and they appear to all be sold out to the 7th May and the flight costs after that is over 33,000 bt !

Interesting times ahead !

Dont hold your breath on ethihad, I've had 2 flights canceled already and no refund . My latest flight with them for the 17th may has been canceled too . 

I've tried to call them to no avail and they haven't responded to any emails other that computer generated ones which just tell you to call . 

Then I decided to book with emerates for the 27th of May  and just received an email 1 week after booking , it also had been canceled. They've sent an attached note stating I just need to call anytime within 24 months to re book another flight at no further cost . 

So much for third time lucky .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macthehat said:

Dont hold your breath on ethihad, I've had 2 flights canceled already and no refund . My latest flight with them for the 17th may has been canceled too . 

I've tried to call them to no avail and they haven't responded to any emails other that computer generated ones which just tell you to call . 

Then I decided to book with emerates for the 27th of May  and just received an email 1 week after booking , it also had been canceled. They've sent an attached note stating I just need to call anytime within 24 months to re book another flight at no further cost . 

So much for third time lucky .

Your experience is similar to my quest to find a flight to return to the US. 3 cancelled flights so far, can't get through to anyone on the phone, its basically a <deleted> show. 

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 1