FREE Woodworking plans/projects to download

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Did a "not" drop out somewhere?

Being of a certain age I'm fine with inches, ergs, mhos, BTUs and other non SI units, I just don't use them much.

Actually, when I'm measuring something if the length is nearer a whole inch than a whole cm I note the inches.

yes it did 

How about perch, pole or rod, links and chains also scruples and drams

about the only non SI unit I use is for screws as I still have a few thousand I bought in an auction 50 years ago. FWIW Thailand still uses quite a few imperial sizes.

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

yes it did 

How about perch, pole or rod, links and chains also scruples and drams

about the only non SI unit I use is for screws as I still have a few thousand I bought in an auction 50 years ago. FWIW Thailand still uses quite a few imperial sizes.

Indeed, noticed it on drill bits / screws and other items.

Imperial is still widely used in fabric/material is by the yard and inch, so do Tailors etc when measuring, buying clothes.

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The only imperial units in general use in the United Kingdom are distance and speed for road vehicles the inch and most other imperial measurements was phased out over a period starting in 1965

The only 3 countries officially using the metric system are Liberia, Myanmar and of course… the United States of America.

Yep officially ????

In reality imperials are still used everywhere.

A lot of technically work, piping, plumbing, computer, ironwork, screws, bits. Use a mix from both worlds. 

For me:

I have a few mateys, born after 1965, from the UK in the past as they were working in the Netherlands, they were amazed seeing me using inches while that was not common in the Netherlands en whilst the UK has phased out the imperial system they were also using that along the metric. Old habbits are still passed on ????

I have a rule of thumb for tubes and fixings and that's inches for water and metric for electric.

And for the rest, whatever comes nearest to the round number wins.

Truly mixed use:

Thailand is the same, aren't those iron products both imperial en metrics ? ????  2"x1"x1.6mm for example.

1 hour ago, Metropolitian said:

Regarding the plans, has anyone downloaded the free plans on the front page in that link?
Nine out of ten PDF files I can't open after downloading.

image.png.1e566bbf736971f4c96bc639311b0a0c.png

I have just downloaded 24 just to test that out, every one is OK you may not have given enough download time as that file is quite big. 

or of course maybe you should use a real computer like my iPad ???? 

5F3F4E5D-091B-4C7E-BFA6-711347F98CFD.thumb.jpeg.6cc6f423b27daf4f515e8093298978af.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

The few I've tried worked OK including the desk.

Contemporary_Rolltop_Desk.pdf 4.08 MB · 1 download

Can you open the above?

Yep.

image.png.0052c65457f7f0717e725be61802f694.png

Overlooked the fact that some of them were too small to be a real pdf file, and even some of them has some size but it came out that most of them were not completed which is weird as the manager did say the transfer was completed.. if not I would get a 'retry' button instead of the 'folder' button.

57 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I have just downloaded 24 just to test that out, every one is OK you may not have given enough download time as that file is quite big. 

or of course maybe you should use a real computer like my iPad ???? 

It is a real computer and the keyboard is sturdy with it's round DIN connector.  ????

I'd rather like to see the big 3 letters I, B and M in blue colors then the dismissing small splotch that looks like an eaten fruit when starting up ????

Hmmm...... will have to delete them and try get them again. The file sizes don't match ! ????

Edited by Metropolitian

11 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

I'd rather like to see the big 3 letters I, B and M in blue colors then the dismissing small splotch that looks like an eaten fruit when starting up ????

But then I seldom have to startup. It’s just there ready to go. ???? 

and yes you didn’t get the complete files, they are a bit slow to download.

maybe try closing the pod bay doors ???? 

884E06E8-0039-4CFF-BDDD-38AD2076E51D.jpeg.33af628c741d427cf8592bf972f96adf.jpeg3CC02DCB-1812-49F9-B2A2-E6B370E04570.jpeg.639278a759f648cca3d00f2d13a2e40f.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

4 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

But then I seldom have to startup. It’s just there ready to go. ????

I don't need to charge it and neither to be careful for the mother-in-law accidental using it as a chopping board. 555

4 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

and yes you didn’t get the complete files, they are a bit slow to download.

image.png.8a76112c68c66e142b795f3a4a78285d.png

Other manager (external instead of the browsers) did the job fine now.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

maybe try closing the pod bay doors ???? 

He won't.. and he said he don't see the missing bits floating out trough that so that argument wont work.

I honestly think I ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over reconsidering that he is perhaps kaput.

Now where is that remote?