Cam Ranh and Nha Trang

snoop1130

36 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

That and way easier visas procedures!!

Vietnam has just started cracking down on some visas, no 90 day issued now, or if issued you must report to immigration every 30 days, i understand.
I enjoy riding around the country and usually buy a 3 month visa, so a pain.
Hopefully they will rethink.

• Haha 2

I read somewhere (probably TV) it will be 30 day visa only, commencing 1st July, and NOT extendable - border run needed. As you say, hopefully to be rethought...

• Like 1

Has been taken over by Russian and Chinese packaged tourists, buses everywhere and hard to move in the centre of town.  Used to be a fun backpacker haunt - I not see much fun there last year.  Hard to find a bar as most have been turned into restaurants.  Still mercifully cheap beer however if you look around:  back a few blocks a famous Duck Restaurant sell 1 litre of draft (not fresh beer) for 12k Dong (bout 15 baht).

Of course if one is into organic juices rather than cheap beer - well each to their own.

The beach is still nice, not changed in the 8 years since my last visit. 

Be happy if someone can correct me as to where one may find some kind of beer bar that might be fun - there used to be dozens of them.

6 hours ago, chrissables said:

Vietnam has just started cracking down on some visas, no 90 day issued now, or if issued you must report to immigration every 30 days, i understand.
I enjoy riding around the country and usually buy a 3 month visa, so a pain.
Hopefully they will rethink.

The same dixx as everywhere in the world when concerning visa. These people do not deserve us.

Edited by gamesgplayemail

It was a Russian stronghold when I was there. Fat Russians on the beach and the restaurant menus were Vietnamese and Russian. All along the beach were square box condos out of the 1960/70 mould. No need to go back again but out of the city the country side is interesting.