Anyone ever ordered a tennis racket from Smashinn?

Dario

I'm trying to buy a Babolat Pure Aero 27" racket for my daughter here in Thailand but the Thai importer has not had these rackets in stock since months. I know, there currently is the problem of Covid-19. There is an online shop called Smashinn where I could order it from, but I wonder if after adding shipping cost and passing Royal Thai customs, I might be ending up paying more or much more than waiting until the importer finally has these rackets in stock again.

My question: has anyone already ordered something from Smashinn? If yes, could you recommend it?

On 4/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, Dario said:

Well, apparently not.

I ordered a load of stuff of a company called badmintondirect which are similar to that, and based in the UK. Originally they did not want to post shoes, racquets to Thailand but eventually they accepted when i convinced them they were just for personal use rather to sell on.  When they arrived i had to pay a load of money extra to have them released from customs. Any price savings from buying them online were negated and probably more from those extra charges.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:02 PM, smutcakes said:

I ordered a load of stuff of a company called badmintondirect which are similar to that, and based in the UK. Originally they did not want to post shoes, racquets to Thailand but eventually they accepted when i convinced them they were just for personal use rather to sell on.  When they arrived i had to pay a load of money extra to have them released from customs. Any price savings from buying them online were negated and probably more from those extra charges.

Thanks a lot for your input. Yes, that is exactly what I feared that the RTC milk the recipients.

On 4/24/2020 at 3:22 PM, Dario said:

Thanks a lot for your input. Yes, that is exactly what I feared that the RTC milk the recipients.

If you order single items & ask the sender to use domestic (not DHL, FED EX etc,,,) and declare the value to be under UDS100 you will PROBABLY be ok