Stranded and hungry in Thailand: German pensioner gets 1,000 baht from Thai man

webfact

More info. on Surat and his clinic: 

http://travel.cnn.com/bangkok/life/clinic-bangkoks-backpackers-included-087551/

Might be useful info. if you get down on your uppers for whatever reason, and if you think you're immune, well life has this strange way of punishing hubris.

But as for this guy, yeah, like Pravda et al, I'm puzzled as to why a German pensioner needs help. Seems to me he targeted and panhandled Surat, obviously recognised him and even had the bag with the logo all ready to hand, 

After reading all the negative comments throughout the years........I saw these old homeless people begging for money.  I laughed at them and said, "FAKE!!!  Go home, Go back to Germany!!!"  

Turned out they were really homeless and really living in H...ll.  

Then I saw more homeless people and I yelled at them, "Get a job you losers!!!  Go back home!!!" 

They had mental problems, died months later after lots of suffering.

oh.  

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, rumak said:

Update :    ten minutes later   image.jpeg.300cc2d434d8ba0cb64b184cb7e6ee94.jpeg

When in London for a time I was frequently accosted at the local ATM by a youngish, pitiful looking guy sitting under a blanket imploring for a tenner, fiver, anything.

One night I saw him living large with his mates in the local pub. Just like that picture. 

I was glad I always gave him traveling advice not cash.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

After reading all the negative comments throughout the years........I saw these old homeless people begging for money.  I laughed at them and said, "FAKE!!!  Go home, Go back to Germany!!!"  

Turned out they were really homeless and really living in H...ll.  

Then I saw more homeless people and I yelled at them, "Get a job you losers!!!  Go back home!!!" 

They had mental problems, died months later after lots of suffering.

oh.  

touching story,  but each case is an individual one.     there is good reason that many of us are

cynical when a story with pic like this one is posted.   

brings to mind how many guys have posted about how they were "taken"  by some fair lady

and now are desperate.    we can feel empathy ,  but in so many cases it is the victim who

brought it on themself.   

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

They consider all whites the same, the thought that elderly Germans have the highest state pensions in the western world didn't cross their tiny racist minds for 1 second.

In precisely the same way as Germans and other Westerners with tiny racist minds consider all Asians the same. But, hey, that, on the other hand, is absolutely no problem in your eyes, right?

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, OJAS said:

In precisely the same way as Germans and other Westerners with tiny racist minds consider all Asians the same. But, hey, that, on the other hand, is absolutely no problem in your eyes, right?

I can't say I've ever considered all Asians dirty or poor, or Xenophobic for that matter.

Can't speak for Germans though, not even one ............

Not seen any western government anti-Asian hate campaigns running either.

Which is what this story appears to be part of.

Haven't aimed any insults at you either.

I'd suggest you discuss the post, and not the poster.

Edited by BritManToo

2 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Take your butt back home and leave Thailand if you have no budget.

He spent it all on bar girls 555. Bar girl said, you no have money.  Bar girl becomes magician and POOF, disappears. 

Edited by The Farang
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Seems like the 'anti-white propaganda' is working on you.

As Pravda says, anyone claiming elderly Germans have no money is falsifying their information.

But like all these anti-white stories invented by Thais, they didn't think it out.

They consider all whites the same, the thought that elderly Germans have the highest state pensions in the western world didn't cross their tiny racist minds for 1 second.

Hmmm. Last sentence sound same you think all Thai the same? 

That be racist right? Maybe not cross your mind?

Why want to make nice story the “anti-white” thai bashing? Good job.

if “anti white”, Why give 1000 baht help? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hmmm. Last sentence sound same you think all Thai the same? 

That be racist right? Maybe not cross your mind?

Why want to make nice story the “anti-white” thai bashing? Good job.

if “anti white”, Why give 1000 baht help? 

did you get your 5k gov handout yet yin, the one they are not paying because your junta say they can't now afford it - no money

• Haha 1