Stranded and hungry in Thailand: German pensioner gets 1,000 baht from Thai man

webfact

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I prefer the 'honest cabby' stories.

Germany has regular evacuation flights on Condor.  Other EU countries will take any person from a member state. E.g. this morning there was Finnair. They took non Finns too. This old guy may not be looking for a flight but money.

May be someone can check out German embassy website/facebook for him. Embassy always has emergency no.

8 hours ago, Vernon Wooldridge said:

1000 Euros a month state pension in Germany surely he must an can live on this per month without taking hand outs from Thai's. 

Who tells you that standard German pension is 1000€. There are lots of ppl with less. 

I worked in Germany for min. 5 years. Get 260€/month from them.

11 hours ago, sweatalot said:

This is not true. There is no state pension in Germany for people who never worked. They need to go to welfare. And another one: This pensioner was due to fly back may be ealier than next week, but that plane might not have been available. So he had to spend the rest of his money for the unplanned longer stay.

A66 year old man with no money? Why is he travelling?

sad times.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Seems like the 'anti-white propaganda' is working on you.

As Pravda says, anyone claiming elderly Germans have no money is falsifying their information.

But like all these anti-white stories invented by Thais, they didn't think it out.

They consider all whites the same, the thought that elderly Germans have the highest state pensions in the western world didn't cross their tiny racist minds for 1 second.

Actually another racial group, not Thai, are responsible for the wide spread Anti White propaganda phenomena, this is the reason why it's visible in western countries also.  Take a look at the website where this news article is posted "Spring News" its actually hosted in Chicago USA.  The Thai Government have strict rules regarding non-Thais owning media outlets in Thailand and for good reason.  Its interesting that the racial group responsible for promoting the anti White propaganda also like to weaponize words such as "racist", as do you.

Edited by BeltAndRoad

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Seems like the 'anti-white propaganda' is working on you.

As Pravda says, anyone claiming elderly Germans have no money is falsifying their information.

But like all these anti-white stories invented by Thais, they didn't think it out.

They consider all whites the same, the thought that elderly Germans have the highest state pensions in the western world didn't cross their tiny racist minds for 1 second.

Germans definitely don't have highest state pensions in the western world. Many European countries do much better. Ask a Norwegian or Austrian or Swiss.

16 hours ago, Pravda said:

Germans State Pension is over 1,000 Euros a month and that is if you haven't worked a single day in your life.

Sorry, but stories like this really p me off.

Sorry Pravda, this statement is complete nonsense and absolutely untrue. There is no such thing as state pension except for goverment employees. What you may call state pension is a different system of state controlled savings for a annuity. It therefore depends on how long and much you have saved into it on your account. It may be as low as nothing and many times far below 1000 €. In that case there is a chance of going under a social security cover. Only if you apply. And not 1000 € (If it would be , I would have moved to Thailand long time ago ???? ) I think it won´t actually be paid to foreign countries. In details the system is complex (yeah we germans always make it "perfect" 55) JUST DON´T POST NONSENSE.

The move of the Thai is what i know from thai poeple and one of the reasons they make me feel good.

Edited by Sparkling
additional words

23 hours ago, sweatalot said:

This is not true. There is no state pension in Germany for people who never worked. They need to go to welfare. And another one: This pensioner was due to fly back may be ealier than next week, but that plane might not have been available. So he had to spend the rest of his money for the unplanned longer stay.

Again....no ATMs ? If his bank account is completeley empty...no business traveling to a foreign country

11 hours ago, Letseng said:

Who tells you that standard German pension is 1000€. There are lots of ppl with less. 

I worked in Germany for min. 5 years. Get 260€/month from them.

Can I borrow a few Euros ? Just until my stimulus check hits the bank....

On 4/17/2020 at 8:56 AM, mauGR1 said:

There must be countless acts of generosity everywhere in the country, regardless of age, race, nationality, why this is making news ?

you should know better than asking that question ....

22 hours ago, Letseng said:

Germany has regular evacuation flights on Condor.  Other EU countries will take any person from a member state. E.g. this morning there was Finnair. They took non Finns too. This old guy may not be looking for a flight but money.

May be someone can check out German embassy website/facebook for him. Embassy always has emergency no.

Lufthansa still operating out of BKK as well. This from Cdn Embassy as of 15 Apr 2020: 

"Please note that for all of these transit countries, passengers will only be able to transit at the airport and NOT enter these countries.

DEPARTING THAILAND

One stop transit connection:

•       Lufthansa: Bangkok – Frankfurt (Monday, Thursday, Saturday) / Frankfurt – Montreal 3X per week (Monday, Thursday, Saturday)

•       Lufthansa/Air Canada: Bangkok – Frankfurt (Monday, Thursday, Saturday) / Frankfurt – Toronto Daily

•       Lufthansa/Air Canada: Bangkok – Frankfurt (Monday, Thursday, Saturday) / Frankfurt – Montreal (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday; Saturday)"

Though the email is geared towards Cdns looking to evacuate/re-patriate (and I snipped flights transiting thru Asia and the ME), I include this as evidence there is ample opportunity for said German pensioner to return to Germany.