Chiang Mai: Thais hit hard as queue for free food goes round the moat

webfact

Chiang Mai: Thais hit hard as queue for free food goes round the moat

5pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that these Covid-19 pandemic times were disastrous for many Thais and not least of all those living in Chiang Mai in the north of the country. 

As evidence of the desperation of the jobless and people with no savings, they published pictures of a queue stretching two kilometers around the moat in the area of the Chinese consulate. 

Hundreds of people had got in line for handouts of rice, dried goods, oil, eggs, water and ready made meals. 

5pm1.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Monchai, 43, was the organizer of the charity after getting together with people on Facebook who helped garner donations. 

This was the sixth day of handouts, he said, and it was costing 20,000 baht a day to keep the people fed. 

More and more people were coming with each passing day, he said. 

Source: Sanook

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Not sure that sub-mariners are cut out for that sort of work. How would their subs reach each major town and city across the country?

They could get to Chiang Mai via the Moats couldn't they,  wait that's not possible, maybe in one of the mini subs someone wanted to loan them for a cave rescue....nah...

• Like 1

I'd wonder if it was some falang has whispered quietly into a ruler makers ear?

- the idea of having them queue around the Moat, is genius!

- it provides a natural barrier against the ususl massive short cutting of a queue

33 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Not sure that sub-mariners are cut out for that sort of work. How would their subs reach each major town and city across the country?

well via the moat there I guess ????

Services are more than just submariners and they know logistics and food service ???? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Just the opposite in fact

Chair of CP calls for govt to aid ailing businesses.  Billionaire Dhanin Chearavanont has called on the government to help hard-hit businesses

thanks for making me laugh, in these stressful times I needed it 555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Government could care less. 

I'm sure you meant to say, "The government couldN'T care less."

unless you do mean they could actually care less, then i would be a little lost.  I could care less about COVID, but I like to care about humans.  That would make sense.

But I couldn't care less about a star 100000 light years away from Earth

I could care less about people hungry

But I couldn't care less about billionaires making billions off this mess

????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Surely this is where the armed services with mobile kitchens, personnel, transport and logistics should be in each major town and city across the country?

Also setting up testing stations with the food distribution

I think we will be seeing the armed forces on the streets soon enough.

• Like 2

An off topic post and two replies have been removed.

I remind everyone of the following rule.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.
To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.
Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

At least people are donating to help feed the folks who are down on there luck in Chiang Mai.  I have donated as well to assist, but in the US there is just one millionaire politician who needs to boast about her daily routine and to me is the New Marie Antoinette.

‘LET THEM EAT ICE CREAM’: Multi-Millionaire Nanci Pelosi Shows Off Freezer Full Of Gourmet Ice Cream As Thousands Line Up At Food Banks.  $14 dollar pints she eats from specialty gourmet stores.

Just think if the top brass here did the same thing, which is kind of what has been done anyway with the meager handouts...