Postal time from UK - THAILAND

nomad2019

Need urgent meds.

How long from uk to thailand and what is best service either recorded or signed ?

I slso need send small parcel asap from thailand to uk...what best service for that...value in package approx £400  or 20000 baht.

Thanks ????????????????????

I think you should check the Royal Mail website. I doubt you would get anything by "normal" mail in under 3 weeks at the moment. If its urgent, I would explore couriers.

400 = 16k currently ????

This from Royal Mail website.......

"There are significant delays to a number of countries right now due to a lack of available transport links and suspension of certain country’s postal operations. We strongly advise not to send items to destinations listed as ‘On suspension’. For country by country updates in our International Incidents Bulletin  "

Start date: 16 March 2020
Latest update: 20 March 2020
End date: Ongoing
Incident:CoronaVirus

Thailand have put special quarantine measures in place against Coronavirus from Monday 16 March. As a result, Thailand Post need to comply and may have a reduced workforce available, and not be able to deliver mail to specifications, with signatures on delivery suspended in order to prevent any further spread of the infection. Delays to mail services can be expected.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

How long from uk to thailand

I received my recent uk visa statement in 9 days by ordinary post. 

43 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

I slso need send small parcel asap from thailand to uk...what best service for that...value in package approx £400  or 20000 baht.

The best way would be by DHL IMHO at the moment.

58 minutes ago, Havefunme said:

I bought non-prescription drugs online thai customs refused to give them to me said can have for personal use or I needed some kind of license 

Your second nonsense post on this thread.  Well done.  If you look at the top of the page you'll see it's a request for information on "Postal time from UK - THAILAND"

Thank you.

19 hours ago, treetops said:

Your second nonsense post on this thread.  Well done.  If you look at the top of the page you'll see it's a request for information on "Postal time from UK - THAILAND"

Thank you.

My thread is about getting my much needed meds over to thailand ASAP.

they would cost me a fortune here. Kidney disease meds.

So he is correct to give this reply/advise.

Can anyone clarify, would customs hold these back from me. 

Are you watching brian ????????????????????????????????????????

Are the planes for mail and parcels still flying between countries? I thought the borders were closed. 

Because I received an email from the French civil status service that my birth certificate was sent to me on March 6th, I never received it.

It is the first time in 8 years I do not receive a mail.

I have had three lots of prescription meds plus a pre-filled hypodermic (Post cancer treatment) sent from U.K. this month. All by Post Office ‘signed for’ mail. Each package cost just over £11. They all arrived in7/8 days and were fully traceable in the UK and here in Thailand. Copy of the prescription to be fixed to outside of parcel and customs declaration to state”prescription medicine no commercial value “.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

If it's a huge box they might check it. Sent in an envelope or jiffy-bag,no problem. Everything sent to Europe by Thai Post is now surface mail - boat. Approximately 3 months shipping time.

Edited by Max69xl

I recently ordered from eBay UK. 

Posted in the UK on the 6th of April, got it on the 15th, it was a small package, letter size, 3/4 inch thick. 

FASTER than normal.  I can only guess that, with no passenger planes, only cargo, normal delays didn't happen.

I send small parcels or letters by standard Royal Mail airmail, and they normally take 10 days, no longer. But in the current environment, anyone's guess.

I have a friend in the UK post meds to me every 3 months, normal wait is 11 - 12 days. I have received 1 package since this pandemic began and it took 25 days. Obviously postage price depends on weight, my packages are 90 day supply of tablets, sent recorded delivery and costs £9.60 each time. In 4 years i've never had 1 go missing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff65 said:

I'm in the similar situation, got family member to send some rejection medication from Aus on the 6th and its still sitting at Aus post in Melbourne, now its the 17th.

Well TBH, at the best of times Aussie Post is quite challenged in getting stuff from the east coast to the west coast so with this Covid-19 stuff, I reckon it's all ground to a halt.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:50 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Try Parceltogo I have a 2.4kg parcel being picked up from house today with a guarantee of being delivered by the 22nd not cheap at £49 but needs must right now???? 

My parcel tracker is showing as dispatched by air 18/04????

Edited by sammieuk1

In normal times, I visit family & pick up my meds in summer. Canada is restricting dispensing to 30 days per prescription. I think I've been able to get enough.

We usually do ordinary airmail but will do SpeedPost (EMS) this time for the tracking. Both Canada Post & USPS are saying they can still get mail to Thailand.

Fingers crossed!

GREAT suggestion to put the prescriptions outside for inspection and note no commercial value! Thanks!

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition

On 4/17/2020 at 12:56 PM, Kildonan said:

I also need meds from UK, but when I looked into Thai mail, packages, medicine is not allowed? Can anyone clarify this? 

Medication is not allowed without a licence but looking at past threads on the forum many people do it. Advice seems to be use regular mail service not courier services

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

If they discover them them probably which is I believe people say to send through normal post. I have no personal experience of this.

7 hours ago, stewartthailand said:

I have had three lots of prescription meds plus a pre-filled hypodermic (Post cancer treatment) sent from U.K. this month. All by Post Office ‘signed for’ mail. Each package cost just over £11. They all arrived in7/8 days and were fully traceable in the UK and here in Thailand. Copy of the prescription to be fixed to outside of parcel and customs declaration to state”prescription medicine no commercial value “.

Hope this helps.

I’m surprised that this works given the posts I’ve read previously, some going back a number of years. Most have said not to say the package contains medication. I wonder if perhaps the rules have changed if it’s for personal use.

Registered mail from UK takes about 5 days, you can track on line. Cost for small parcel about 9 quid. Only Royal Mail could tell you expected delivery time in these circumstances. Without stating the obvious, is it possible to get the meds here...even if a bit more expensive, at least you are sure of having them.

Don’t send by dhl or possibly any other such company, it took my meds 8 weeks to clear customs, my daughter could have sent the prescription in with the package, might have helped process them but we didn’t know, so then I had to get a thai doctor from the hospital to check and examine me to give a certificate, 800 baht, then dhl wanted 1500 baht to process through customs and customs wanted 500 baht tax...so use Royal Mail as earlier link suggested, can’t be any worse?

• Like 1