"Thai Elite" Visa Experience

Information on experience, service and reliability would be appreciated.  That would include information on any difficulties in regard to conversion from NON-O or NON-OA visas and extensions of stay.

If on a extension of stay you would have to leave and re-enter the country to have the Thai Elite visa sticker done on entry to the country.

If you had a valid OA visa you would have to wait for it to expire.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If on a extension of stay you would have to leave and re-enter the country to have the Thai Elite visa sticker done on entry to the country.

If you had a valid OA visa you would have to wait for it to expire.

Interesting. I was under the impression you could do all this without ever leaving the country.

Once you send in your elite visa application they forward it to immigrations for a background check. They told me the background check would take 2-3 months. In my case I received the approval letter one month after sending in the application.

From there they sent me instructions on how to settle the payment for the visa. Two days after making the payment I received a payment confirmation and was able to schedule an appointment with Thailand Elite at Chaengwattana Immigration. I met the Thailand Elite staff outside the immigration office where they picked up my passport. I waited outside and within 20 minutes they returned my passport with the visa affixed.

https://www.expatden.com/thailand/thailand-elite-visa-review/

Presumably, besides the visa, you would receive a one year permission of stay stamp. And, like annual renewal of extensions, you could do this with 30 days (45 days in CM) remaining on your then current extension of stay.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

From past reports I have seen about it if you are on an extension of stay you have to fly out and back to cancel the extension and get the visa sticker on entry at Suvarnabhumi airport.

And if you have a re-entry permit -- you can't fly back in until the extension/re-entry permit have expired?

• Like 2

One updated bit of info on the Thai Elite Visa. 

There was uncertainty amongst many (myself included) regarding whether or not The Thai Elite Visa was considered a ‘resident visa’.

The statement below from Thai Elite makes it clear that the Thai Elite Visa is a long term tourist visa and nothing more. 

[Thailand Elite Visa is a special type of tourist Visa and is not counted as a permanent residence. Therefore, if you do not have a work permit, you may be refused to enter the kingdom of Thailand until April 30st, 2020 according to the decree.]

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 2:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

One updated bit of info on the Thai Elite Visa. 

There was uncertainty amongst many (myself included) regarding whether or not The Thai Elite Visa was considered a ‘resident visa’.

The statement below from Thai Elite makes it clear that the Thai Elite Visa is a long term tourist visa and nothing more. 

[Thailand Elite Visa is a special type of tourist Visa and is not counted as a permanent residence. Therefore, if you do not have a work permit, you may be refused to enter the kingdom of Thailand until April 30st, 2020 according to the decree.]

A permanent residency is different at immigration, what you re-printed is because of the corona virus, only permanent residents, work permits were allowed to enter temporarily, all other visas, marriage, retirement, elite, were not allowed, i dont get the negativity on the visa class, when most long term visas are similar in that, you can stay but legally you are unable to work

Edited by Maestro
corrected a wrong statement
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, JimGant said:

Interesting. I was under the impression you could do all this without ever leaving the country.

Presumably, besides the visa, you would receive a one year permission of stay stamp. And, like annual renewal of extensions, you could do this with 30 days (45 days in CM) remaining on your then current extension of stay.

the conversion of any visa, is immigration, Elite have to abide to that, if i have a 5 year visa attached to my passport, immigration requests, the visa to be activated by leaving the country, then enter the country, the visa is now activated, once i have the visa activated, i can renew by extending the visa, without having to exit the country

14 hours ago, humbug said:

the conversion of any visa, is immigration, Elite have to abide to that, if i have a 5 year visa attached to my passport, immigration requests, the visa to be activated by leaving the country, then enter the country, the visa is now activated, once i have the visa activated, i can renew by extending the visa, without having to exit the country

When immigration at a office put the PE visa sticker in a person's passport they change the current entry stamp to one year from the day the visa was issued. When done at an airport they do a one year entry as soon as the sticker is done.

14 hours ago, humbug said:

A permanent residency is different at immigration, what you re-printed is because of the corona virus, only permanent residents, work permits were allowed to enter temporarily,

Only those with with permanent residency and a work permit were able to enter the country. Several people I am aware of with permanent residency and no work permit are still stuck outside the country and faced losing their residency due to not being able to enter before their re-entry permit expired. They no longer have to worry about their residency since a exemption is in the recent ministerial order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

When immigration at a office put the PE visa sticker in a person's passport they change the current entry stamp to one year from the day the visa was issued. When done at an airport they do a one year entry as soon as the sticker is done.

Only those with with permanent residency and a work permit were able to enter the country. Several people I am aware of with permanent residency and no work permit are still stuck outside the country and faced losing their residency due to not being able to enter before their re-entry permit expired. They no longer have to worry about their residency since a exemption is in the recent ministerial order.

Yes, that was my point also, that many long term visa types were/are stopped from entering, apart from permanent residency and work permits, that under this kind of regime, many people are being affected from entering, elite visas too

14 minutes ago, humbug said:

Yes, that was my point also, that many long term visa types were/are stopped from entering, apart from permanent residency and work permits, that under this kind of regime, many people are being affected from entering, elite visas too

I wrote this.

Only those with with permanent residency and a work permit were able to enter the country.

Note I wrote both permanent residency and a work permit. Those with permanent residency and no work permit were not allowed to enter the country.

'When immigration at a office put the PE visa sticker in a person's passport they change the current entry stamp to one year from the day the visa was issued. When done at an airport they do a one year entry as soon as the sticker is done.'

My experience 3.5 years ago, was a little different, after they placed the visa stamp at CW, i was told to activate the new visa by having to leave, then come back in to the country, if that has changed thats good

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote this.

Note I wrote both permanent residency and a work permit. Those with permanent residency and no work permit were not allowed to enter the country.

I didnt see that in my original reply, that just shows how this kind of regime can restrict many, long term visa types with this corona virus

Edited by Maestro
corrected a wrong statement

3 minutes ago, humbug said:

My experience 3.5 years ago, was a little different, after they placed the visa stamp at CW, i was told to activate the new visa by having to leave, then come back in to the country, if that has changed thats good

They must of been a reason they could not of changed your permit to stay stamp to one year. Were you on a extension of stay or a visa entry.

Many others have got the one year stamp as soon as they did the sticker.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They must of been a reason they could not of changed your permit to stay stamp to one year. Were you on a extension of stay or a visa entry.

Many others have got the one year stamp as soon as they did the sticker.

it must have changed over the time, the extension was on the previous year visa stamp, which was expiring, and the last extension was a week from expiring, as the new visa stamp was placed in the same passport at CW, i had to activate the new visa, by leaving, then coming back in, with the new extension activated from the new visa stamp

19 minutes ago, humbug said:

it must have changed over the time, the extension was on the previous year visa stamp, which was expiring, and the last extension was a week from expiring, as the new visa stamp was placed in the same passport at CW, i had to activate the new visa, by leaving, then coming back in, with the new extension activated from the new visa stamp

That is the reason you had to leave the country. Immigration can only change entries to the country. They cannot cancel a valid extension of stay to change your permit to stay to one year.

What they have normally told people to do is fly out and back to get the sticker done on entry at Suvarnabhumi airport.

That is the reason you had to leave the country. Immigration can only change entries to the country. They cannot cancel a valid extension of stay to change your permit to stay to one year.

What they have normally told people to do is fly out and back to get the sticker done on entry at Suvarnabhumi airport.

i haven't done the airport fixing stamp process, the process seems much simpler at the airport, than CW, its something that in the past i wasn't aware of, and this time i am, the CW process can be held up, as that section near to the 90 day reporting, to fix the stamps can be really slow, or in that day's case, the whole team had to leave the section for a meeting, which made everyone wait an extra 2 hours

As the originator of this thread, my intention has always been to include within consideration of the "Thai Elite" Visa Experience discussion of the contract provisions and any information received from its staff or agents BEFORE signing on the dotted line.  That would be a critical step in any experience with the Thai Elite program.

Additionally, I would think many people considering Thai Elite would welcome comparison with other Immigration programs which essentially achieve the objective of staying in Thailand, or traveling in and out, over an extended period of time.  In that respect, the Thai Elite program is similar to what are commonly called "long stay" programs.

Hey

Maybe the following is helpful

1. Non-Immigrant Visas must be cancelled before Elite Visa may be validated. Members have to take responsibility for the cancellation of their Non-Immigrant Visa depends on condition as below;
  • For members who are currently staying in Bangkok and holding Non ED, B or O visa - Members who are currently staying in Bangkok on a Non-Immigrant Visa, is to visit the Chaengwattana office to complete the cancellation procedure and request to get the Thailand Elite Visa affixed in the same day (cancel in the morning period and get Thailand Elite Visa in the afternoon).
  • For members who are staying in provinces outside of Bangkok and holding Non ED, B or O visa, the person must first cancel their Non-immigrant visa at the issued location/province. In the case, members are holding any type of Non-Immigrant Visa and has been registered as a ‘Thailand Elite Member’, it is crucial that an appointment for the visa affix service is made before cancelling their Non-Immigrant Visa or during the 7-day Stay Extension period (THB 1,900 fee must be paid to the immigration office for this extension). Members may only request to obtain the Elite Visa at the Chaengwattana immigration office in Bangkok.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That does not mention what type of visa entry or extension he had.

From past reports I have seen about it if you are on an extension of stay you have to fly out and back to cancel the extension and get the visa sticker on entry at Suvarnabhumi airport.

If on tourist visa or a visa exempt or a non immigrant visa entry it can be done at immigration in Bangkok.

Can also be done at dmk. I had a b visa before. Flew before a day before it expired, came back and got my elite visa done at dmk airport 2 days later. You just need to book in advance and place.

but in my case I did not want to waste my time so I went to Kuala Lumpur for valentine day and got visa done at same time. Two in one. 

Edited by Drax

8 hours ago, Mapguy said:

Indeed, could be helpful IF current.

Also:

What is known currently about NON-OA extension holders?

What is known about holders of Multiple Re-entry visas?

It is currently their guidelines 

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon,

I need a bit of clarification. I am here on a non-immigrant O-A visa which will expire 20th June.

I am here almost 2 years. I had always the required 800k in my bank account.

With this corona virus, circumstances did change. Source of income from Europe interrupted. Tenant of our 

commercial property could not pay anymore his rent and now, 4 months no income.

I started to use the 800k

I dropped well below the 800k. I would not be eligible for the new Non Imm. O_A as I have not 2 months before renewal, the necessary 800k;

I applied in February for the 5 year Elite visa at 500k and was approved beginning of march.

I was told to pay mid may the requested 500k.

Once payment verified, they will book an appointment at immigration.

First thing is, they will handle the cancellation of my current O-A visa in the morning and in the afternoon, I will get my Elite visa.

Today I made the payment and send an email to ThailandElite to make a booking for the new visa at immigration.

They told me, that I have to bring in a proof that I paid the 500k and AND AND a letter from my bank and proof of 800k in order to cancel the existing visa.

This came as a shock. Why to have proof of 800k if I was approved the Elite visa and paid 500k

Any ideas?

23 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Today I made the payment and send an email to ThailandElite to make a booking for the new visa at immigration.

They told me, that I have to bring in a proof that I paid the 500k and AND AND a letter from my bank and proof of 800k in order to cancel the existing visa.

This came as a shock. Why to have proof of 800k if I was approved the Elite visa and paid 500k

Any ideas?

It seems that Thailand Elite assume you are on an extension of your permission to stay, not a one year entry on a Non O-A visa. Is this correct? If so, Immigration will want to verify that you satisfied the requirements continuously for the extension from 21 June 2019 until 20 June 2020. This includes having a continuous balance all the year of 400k until the expiry date of the extension. Since you are not planning to request a further extension, 800k is not necessary. If you are, indeed, on a one-year entry from the Non O-A visa, then no financial proof is needed.

27 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I cannot think of any reason for it to be required.

Are you on a one year entry from a OA visa or an extension of stay issued by immigration?

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I cannot think of any reason for it to be required.

Are you on a one year entry from a OA visa or an extension of stay issued by immigration?

I came to Thailand in July 2018 and end June 2019, I left for a few days to Singapore. This gave me almost 2 years.

14 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I came to Thailand in July 2018 and end June 2019, I left for a few days to Singapore. This gave me almost 2 years.

There is certainly no reason for you to show 800k baht in the bank. Perhaps somebody is confused as to what you have now.