Sa Kaeo curfew violators given unsuspended jail sentence

webfact

Sa Kaeo curfew violators given unsuspended jail sentence

By THE NATION

800_2f0cee6df4b63fe.jpg?v=1587098692

The Sa Kaeo provincial court on Thursday (April 16) ordered unsuspended prison sentences for nine people charged with violating the provincial governor’s curfew order as well as the Emergency Decree on Public Administration amid the Covid-19 crisis.

Wang Nam Yen police on April 14 had arrested the nine people at 11pm, some of whom are teenagers, when they were drinking and partying on a dam ridge in Sa Kaeo’s Wang Nam Yen district, in violation of the curfew from 10pm to 4am the next day.

The court gave each defendant an unsuspended jail time of three months, after which relatives of the defendants presented a bail of Bt52,000 each to take the case to the Court of Appeals.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386202

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-17
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The court gave each defendant an unsuspended jail time of three months, after which relatives of the defendants presented a bail of Bt52,000 each to take the case to the Court of Appeals.

Good luck with that one.

11 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

I would also realised that I had failed as a father.

If current curfew lockdown continue for some time, society has to set examples early on. 

Court Of Appeals should decline their appeals.

I have a feeling that this is indeed meant to set an example.  Don't know how long this will take to get through appeals but I think they will be serving some jail time, perhaps early release, but still real jail time.

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

'unsuspended prison sentences' that's long way round saying they were sent to prison.

No it's not. They didn't go to prison, they got bail of 52k each pending appeal. If that fails, then they might go to prison.

Just now, Iron Tongue said:

And what if a couple of them get covid-19, go home and kill grandma and grandpa?

People just aren't getting it. I supposed until someone close to them dies, they figure they can dismiss all this "stay-at-home" nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

And what if a couple of them get covid-19, go home and kill grandma and grandpa?

It's funny or ironic how easy it is to manipulate the population into certain behaviors. Some kids are drinking and we've got the pitchforks out and ready to attack because of what "Might" happen. What if Grampa and Granny got the virus from the lady selling Som tam or the 7-11 clerk. So the kids are told by the cops to go home and knock it off, that's OK but arrest them.....come on.

My family went to visit up north before the heavy restrictions so I've been alone for past month, staying at home, wearing a mask like a good boy. Rode around today and scoped out some lonesome beach locations where I won't stick out too much. A couple cold brewskies, a mat by myself, on a deserted beach. I'm going to bust loose and break the stay at home order.