BANGKOK

Every motorcyclists likes bendy roads and corners.

How many big sportsbike owners here like speed, I do in a certain road places.

A guy at a Honda APS showroom & workshop has a S1000 not sure which one it is, it's a beaut looking bike but that's why he bought it, he say he never does much more than 130 kph.

Anyone here do the same.

Yes

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If I find a quiet flat highway I always try to check my max speed, on my old model Forza it's about 138kph, but I only go for a couple of minutes, my helmet is not full face and I don't have aftermarket windshield (old model Forza windshield is very low), so it's not comfortable...

I can't imagine how some people can do very high speed , like 150-160 for hours on end, but I assume with the right bike and gear is not a problem,  except the dangers of the road, other traffic, and of course the dogs...!!! 

I am between 100-120kph most of the time on a long trip, if conditions allow.

• Like 2

135 is my max.

I know I can stop quickly with ABS if something idiotic happens in front of me.

• Haha 1

Took my old K1 GSXR1000 to 200km/h+ numerous times on the 36 (couldn't help myself), I sold it as I knew in the back of my mind I would die on it if I kept it.

About to put an XSR900 in the garage, I need a scoot to get out with me mates in Sunday mornings !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

If I find a quiet flat highway I always try to check my max speed, on my old model Forza it's about 138kph, but I only go for a couple of minutes, my helmet is not full face and I don't have aftermarket windshield (old model Forza windshield is very low), so it's not comfortable...

I can't imagine how some people can do very high speed , like 150-160 for hours on end, but I assume with the right bike and gear is not a problem,  except the dangers of the road, other traffic, and of course the dogs...!!! 

I am between 100-120kph most of the time on a long trip, if conditions allow.

Thanks for your input if you ever get to ride a large cc sportsbike let us know how you feel. 👍

I might have gotten to 165 a few times back when i had my CB500F (471cc), for some reason this particular bike didn't want to go faster (and I'm a light person)

I found out that the Yamaha MT-03 (321cc) were breaking 180s then I wasn't a happy customer haha

just went on Youtube to compare and I guess the newer CB500Fs are doing closer to 190 now, maybe I had a lemon

but yeah, about 100-120 is usually how fast I was going.

24 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

135 is my max.

I know I can stop quickly with ABS if something idiotic happens in front of me.

In a situation of brakiing with ABS what do you do if your ABS is not stopping you as quick as you thought it could.? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Took my old K1 GSXR1000 to 200km/h+ numerous times on the 36 (couldn't help myself), I sold it as I knew in the back of my mind I would die on it if I kept it.

About to put an XSR900 in the garage, I need a scoot to get out with me mates in Sunday mornings !!

I luved my mates K5 in the UK on the M10 evil. 😂

Edited by Kwasaki

16 minutes ago, kekalot said:

I might have gotten to 165 a few times back when i had my CB500F (471cc), for some reason this particular bike didn't want to go faster (and I'm a light person)

I found out that the Yamaha MT-03 (321cc) were breaking 180s then I wasn't a happy customer haha

just went on Youtube to compare and I guess the newer CB500Fs are doing closer to 190 now, maybe I had a lemon

but yeah, about 100-120 is usually how fast I was going.

Dunno about mt3 doing 180 I guess possible so what 120 mph !!!

Kilometer speed is pussy speed. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1