Big bike speed

Kwasaki

Every motorcyclists likes bendy roads and corners.

How many big sportsbike owners here like speed, I do in a certain road places.

A guy at a Honda APS showroom & workshop has a S1000 not sure which one it is, it's a beaut looking bike but that's why he bought it, he say he never does much more than 130 kph.

Anyone here do the same.

If I find a quiet flat highway I always try to check my max speed, on my old model Forza it's about 138kph, but I only go for a couple of minutes, my helmet is not full face and I don't have aftermarket windshield (old model Forza windshield is very low), so it's not comfortable...

I can't imagine how some people can do very high speed , like 150-160 for hours on end, but I assume with the right bike and gear is not a problem,  except the dangers of the road, other traffic, and of course the dogs...!!! 

I am between 100-120kph most of the time on a long trip, if conditions allow.

• Like 2

Took my old K1 GSXR1000 to 200km/h+ numerous times on the 36 (couldn't help myself), I sold it as I knew in the back of my mind I would die on it if I kept it.

About to put an XSR900 in the garage, I need a scoot to get out with me mates in Sunday mornings !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

If I find a quiet flat highway I always try to check my max speed, on my old model Forza it's about 138kph, but I only go for a couple of minutes, my helmet is not full face and I don't have aftermarket windshield (old model Forza windshield is very low), so it's not comfortable...

I can't imagine how some people can do very high speed , like 150-160 for hours on end, but I assume with the right bike and gear is not a problem,  except the dangers of the road, other traffic, and of course the dogs...!!! 

I am between 100-120kph most of the time on a long trip, if conditions allow.

Thanks for your input if you ever get to ride a large cc sportsbike let us know how you feel. ????

I might have gotten to 165 a few times back when i had my CB500F (471cc), for some reason this particular bike didn't want to go faster (and I'm a light person)

I found out that the Yamaha MT-03 (321cc) were breaking 180s then I wasn't a happy customer haha

just went on Youtube to compare and I guess the newer CB500Fs are doing closer to 190 now, maybe I had a lemon

but yeah, about 100-120 is usually how fast I was going.

24 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

135 is my max.

I know I can stop quickly with ABS if something idiotic happens in front of me.

In a situation of brakiing with ABS what do you do if your ABS is not stopping you as quick as you thought it could.? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Took my old K1 GSXR1000 to 200km/h+ numerous times on the 36 (couldn't help myself), I sold it as I knew in the back of my mind I would die on it if I kept it.

About to put an XSR900 in the garage, I need a scoot to get out with me mates in Sunday mornings !!

I luved my mates K5 in the UK on the M10 evil. ????

Edited by Kwasaki

16 minutes ago, kekalot said:

I might have gotten to 165 a few times back when i had my CB500F (471cc), for some reason this particular bike didn't want to go faster (and I'm a light person)

I found out that the Yamaha MT-03 (321cc) were breaking 180s then I wasn't a happy customer haha

just went on Youtube to compare and I guess the newer CB500Fs are doing closer to 190 now, maybe I had a lemon

but yeah, about 100-120 is usually how fast I was going.

Dunno about mt3 doing 180 I guess possible so what 120 mph !!!

Kilometer speed is pussy speed. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

I simply don't feel very safe at speeds faster than that..not even in my car, unless you really know a road very well and its in very good condition just seems too risky  dogs,buffalo,children or grandma could just pop up at any moment.

Fair call, understand. ????

Highest ever is 250 kms - BMW S1000RR - in Australia ???? 

Sydney to Canberra freeway at a spot where they cannot have speed vans because of safety issues - Yeehaa

Mate was a highway patrolman (K1200) - he took his Kawasaki ZX-14 to 300ks at same spot - so he said.

In Thailand? 100kms on the rented Honda PCX150 - that scared me a lot more.

• Haha 2

Which speed feels comfortable depends a lot on the bike and on the tires (if the visibility and traffic allows it)

On my Triumph Tiger 800 with street tires a comfortable riding speed is up to 160km/h, faster than this gets quite exhausting.

Currently i have knobby tires (could maybe be considered 30/70 tires), with these up to 130km/h is ok, only occasionly faster.

Riding fast on highways is obviously not my priority, i prefer being able to ride on all types of roads.

• Like 2

Straight line out right speed is pretty boring and Needs to much concentration to keep it up for long periods of time,fine for a quick top speed test of your bike.........

im normally at around 120/130 if out on a multi day trip ,obviously nice long twisty roads average speed lower but a lot more fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks for your input if you ever get to ride a large cc sportsbike let us know how you feel. ????

Well, going from 125 scooter and 150 normal bike to a Forzs 300 was quite amazing, even though not much of an increase in acceleration and top speed due to weight and really being 279cc. I can imagine it will be far bigger difference to go to 600-1000cc sportbike, scary ...! 

Also what is showing on tacho is not the real speed on most bikes, GPS real speed is 5-10% lower...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Hope i had bigger bike when i hit dog 1,5 month ago. But had  Misses drive me to ER.

After i look like this.images.jpeg.4c78e95fb17d9ecabe03c6bee8250778.jpeg

Me too except my misses looked the same she was in the back when scabby soi dog run out..not sure a bigger bike would have helped except maybe kill the poor mutt outright instead of it being in pain for hours.

Had a ninja 650 not the fastest bike around but i would seldom pass the 130-140 fasted i did was 170 and it scared me. The bike could have gone faster. Just not worth it for me i feel too vulnerable on the bike. With a car its a different thing. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Well, going from 125 scooter and 150 normal bike to a Forzs 300 was quite amazing, even though not much of an increase in acceleration and top speed due to weight and really being 279cc. I can imagine it will be far bigger difference to go to 600-1000cc sportbike, scary ...! 

Also what is showing on tacho is not the real speed on most bikes, GPS real speed is 5-10% lower...

google says my old K1 was good for 278km/h... I saw north of 200km/h many times.............. but never wound it out.... care factor of what the actual GPS speed is exactly zero.

Tacho's don't display speed by the way.

Edited by Don Mega

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

In a situation of brakiing with ABS what do you do if your ABS is not stopping you as quick as you thought it could.? 

A long time ago, a Rally driving mate of mine once  said 

" Anybody at all can drive really fast, but it takes somebody special to stop in time "

The same applies to Bikes me thinks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Highest ever is 250 kms - BMW S1000RR - in Australia ???? 

Sydney to Canberra freeway at a spot where they cannot have speed vans because of safety issues - Yeehaa

Mate was a highway patrolman (K1200) - he took his Kawasaki ZX-14 to 300ks at same spot - so he said.

In Thailand? 100kms on the rented Honda PCX150 - that scared me a lot more.

Nice one. ????

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Which speed feels comfortable depends a lot on the bike and on the tires (if the visibility and traffic allows it)

On my Triumph Tiger 800 with street tires a comfortable riding speed is up to 160km/h, faster than this gets quite exhausting.

Currently i have knobby tires (could maybe be considered 30/70 tires), with these up to 130km/h is ok, only occasionly faster.

Riding fast on highways is obviously not my priority, i prefer being able to ride on all types of roads.

I like that Triumph nice bike but not a sportsbike !!