Big bike speed

Kwasaki

Went for a ride and stopped to buy a beer, 2 Thai guys started looking at my bike,  Oh dear here comes the questions, actually I don't mind really, how much cost,  what cc, what speed.

Fixed it up to go for 35,000.

900 actually 893.

170 mph. 

They said 170 kph too fast, ???? ???? can't be bothered to explain. ????

9 hours ago, papa al said:

Only 170kph ?!

That's only like 105 in real speed.

Seems like pussy speed, not sure.

You missed the point papa most Thais think 170-180 kph is too fast I said 170 mph and they don't know about mph.

35 minutes ago, papa al said:

Sorry Kwaky.

????

170 mph is not pussy.

170 mph ( 270 kph )  Is not a speed I use it's just a test, the speedo read 285 kph the reason I like a lightweight powerful bike is as I have said before acceleration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting topic with a lot of replies. I like a fast bike also although I usually don’t cruise at more than 130 or 140 kph.  I look at it just like someone who owns a Ferrari, just because they own a fast car doesn’t mean that they want to drive it at 300 kph.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With the new Pattaya-Utapao motorway opening up for traffic but not being officially open I thought that this would be the perfect place to get a motorcycle up to speed. One of my favorite motorcycle day trips is to go from Pattaya to Ban Chang taking the back roads and I thought this would be a good time to try something different and get the bike up to speed without worrying about someone pulling out right in front of me. At the still closed entrance to the motorway between Pattaya and Sattahip there is a space to get a large motorcycle through and I got on there and rode the motorway to the end near Utapao. There weren’t any problems and no traffic to speak of so you could get up to speed without any worries about traffic interfering but when I got to the end I thought everything would be open since they weren’t taking tolls but the police were there. They didn’t give me a ticket but they did instruct me that even though the motorway wasn’t officially open motorcycles were still prohibited from using it but still it was fun using it that one time.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lucky33 said:

With the new Pattaya-Utapao motorway opening up for traffic but not being officially open I thought that this would be the perfect place to get a motorcycle up to speed.

its pretty damn good for some  late night drag racing action too !!

• Haha 1

This is the first V rod I've seen in Thailand I think it's a V rod special because of the whopping back boot anyway rode one years ago a Night Rod and it kicked some up to 140 + mph but way too heavy and the foot pegs out front was back pain for me.

104940147_272287243835972_7992975483574616488_n.jpg.01bcdd3afd7705ef2c21b9e41a116ddc.jpg

105952432_262074558434759_143083500695202089_n.jpg.835e276bd9e6a130276f2ce209e2d867.jpg