Big bike speed

Kwasaki

14 minutes ago, cranki said:

He had a fricken turbo'd busa !!

Is that the bike on the video posted here couldn't make it out sounded like s 650 four. 

Turbo Busa's straight line machines, riden a 1300 busa hellish power but I like somic that goes around corners aswell. ????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Is that the bike on the video posted here couldn't make it out sounded like s 650 four. 

Turbo Busa's straight line machines, riden a 1300 busa hellish power but I like somic that goes around corners aswell. ????

That video posted above is a GSX-R1000 i reckon.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

Close but no cigar, Kawasaki H2Sx.

cannot go over 68 kph. Apparently.

well that's what i tell the wife.

Well my son years ago could of beat ya ( 60 mph ) 95 kph on his 916. ????

FB_IMG_1587702838539.jpg.abacf91131bd271ec977fd690c0e51eb.jpg

6 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

So you read the green print.

I was actually talking about your cushion ride man, but now that you mentioned it...Why did you get that stitched into your seat for all and sundry to read ? lol

6 hours ago, gazza4 said:

When I was living in Aussie N.T. there were no speed limits outside of built-up areas. I had a Suzuki TLS 1000. The best I saw on the clock was 260 kph.

My Oz mate luved riding his Kwacka 650 ninja here in Thailand.

I ask him if he got another bike in Oz he said no-way can't go much faster than a moped here in Oz camera's everywhere.

I guess there's the desert to go fast. ????

On 4/24/2020 at 12:07 PM, cranki said:

The last 2 letter are are bit hard to read, but definitely looks like what I think it is after zooming in.....do you know what it says ????

Yup !

bit of a silly thing i know as i am a big boy, 1.9 meters tall and 120 kg's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

YZF-R3 rental I had at 170kph for 3 minutes on the straight stretch of highway 11 heading to Uttaradit, couldn't get it to go faster

Yeah 170 about right on, nice looking bike with one of the best 300 (321) engines out there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moose7117 said:

slightly off topic but, my baby will do 130 kph in first.

I checked yesterday.

just don't tell wife.

Not off topic at all, thought it would do more that.

My bike now is much the as the one I had England that did 95 mph in first so I'll looking for 150 kph with this one to.

1 hour ago, taninthai said:

If you really interested in top speed you really need to download an app and get gps reading speedos can be way out especially when hitting them speeds on older bikes aswell.

i had my baby blade showing 168 mph on the clock last year real gps speed was 146 mph......I have seen 145 km/r on my crf speedo probably real speed about 120 if I was lucky and I have had my 600 hornet showing 140 +mph with real gps showing 121 mph.

Yeah your right about speedo's, the bike I had like this in England read 185 mph which was faster than it's real speed.

This one clocked 280 ( 175 mph ) but run out of road.

Intermediate acceleration speed is what I like not so much top speed.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 6:37 PM, johng said:

I simply don't feel very safe at speeds faster than that..not even in my car, unless you really know a road very well and its in very good condition just seems too risky  dogs,buffalo,children or grandma could just pop up at any moment.

I agree, especially in Thailand. I have touched 160 kph on my bike twice in Thailand 0n the 650 Vulcan but haul it down almost immediately to around 110-120 which is where I sit most of the time if conditions allow .It doesn't feel safe on Thai roads in my area at much over that .I used to have a 600 Steed that'd top out at about 135kph,but was happy to sit at 110 kph all day.In Australia I have touched a tad over 160kph a couple of times on my 1200cc Triumph and 160 twice on my 865cc The 1200cc does it with ease and a fair bit more to go but the road conditions are terrible where I am.Then there's the police.So again 110-120 is where I spend most of my cruise time

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, taninthai said:

download an app and get gps reading speedos can be way out especially when hitting them speeds on older bikes aswell.

Interesting I guess you can do it on an android mobile, and then what do you do, I can fix a bike but fixing mobiles to do something I struggle with.

• Like 1

the app I use is for riding on racetracks so not sure if it works on roads it’s called racechrono.

i think REVER the route tracking app shows your top speed reached.

or just a quick google.

just run the app keep phone in pocket and check after ride.

BC3B2762-EDA8-4233-ACE2-DDD66463E60D.png

Screen shot from racechrono showing my 148mph down the back straight a great app for any track riders.

77528B06-6370-410E-A289-0A07B5BC787A.thumb.jpeg.cb03f1548fbd8bcba47a7a21f96b8e91.jpeg

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2020 at 5:57 PM, Kwasaki said:

Reasonably cool this morning but temperature got warm up quick clocked 280 kph and went home.

Will clock full speed in lowers gears when it cools down if ever.

Carbs tune up seems to have worked out good though.  

94582067_604907933436245_904590086144786432_n.jpg.5a5146b752bc00310ff6fc7858aa8faa.jpg

This is the first I have seen of the totally finished rebuild fantastic job. It's been great following along. You have done a fantastic job it looks great but we also know what you have done under the skin well done man. Enjoy the fruits of your labours.

Fastest I've gone is about 160 on a trip when a group of us were coming back from somewhere (Sisaket I think). We'd been doing around 140 on some of that "wobbly" road where there are those undulations in the road - that was scary enough. Then a couple <deleted> on a scooter decided to start zooming in between us and were trying to catch the front guy. They must have been so far past the "red line" that the engine was probably on the verge of melting (or exploding).

The guy leading us saw (and heard) what they were doing and cracked the throttle and naturally we all did too. Suddenly we're doing 160 on that "wobbly" road and I'm thinking I'm a pebble or tiny piece of debris away from become highway pizza.

Took a few minutes to get far enough ahead of those numpties that they finally gave up (or their engine died) and we "slowed" back to 140.

Usually when I'm riding on a long trip with a group of Thais, we stick to 120/130ish, depending on traffic. Unfortunately, it seems they try to keep that speed even in a blinding monsoon !! Mother ****er - I can't see the road under the 2-3 inches of water, cars and trucks are flying past like it's a warm sunny day, and my buddies are still trying pass them !

Alone though, I generally stick to around 110/120. I'm usually not in a hurry to get where I'm going, or to come back from there. Like I tell my friends, if I wanted to race everywhere, I'd have bought a racing bike instead of a "cruiser" (which, in my case, means a Harley Heritage Softail Classic). Great for just cruising along and enjoying the ride.

• Like 1