Thailand's Covid-19 mortality rate among lowest in the world

rooster59

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

the point i am trying to make is figures can be manipulated, so how do they know 41 percent had diabetes and which type??

That is your assumption.......????

This farang went to a Thai hospital because of an eye problem, low and behold I was on their PC system, wow, turns out it was because of my yellow book.

Had an operation, now any hospital knows my recorded history......????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

That is your assumption.......????

This farang went to a Thai hospital because of an eye problem, low and behold I was on their PC system, wow, turns out it was because of my yellow book.

Had an operation, now any hospital knows my recorded history......????

good for you......

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tiger1980 said:

Also these countries do not have high levels of Obesity,unlike in the west

Dr John was also warning people in the UK about vitamin D levels when there's not so much sunshine - as well as certain ethnic minorities which have skin that doesn't produce so much vitamin D even when it is sunny; so there are many factors which are hard to pin down (other than the incredible government response...).

Edited by ben2talk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lkv said:

It's a couple of days old this speculation and it's being debunked.

https://www.europeanscientist.com/en/big-data/no-sars-cov-2-does-not-contain-hiv-genetic-code/

Debunked by whom? A mathmetician..... The comments below the article you link to are placing the debunking on the other foot. The science being discussed is very questioning of  Mr Lacoud's assumptions and motives. Nobel Prize winner in the scientific field in question vs. Media commentators reading the scripts prepared by equally unqualified people behind the scenes? When Prof. Luc Montagnier states that the virus is bioengineered, we should pay attention and engage in a dialogue.

17 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Unless the figures are based on Population how do you know a true number. The Falklands dont have any cases.

they have 1 . a squaddy

Coronavirus: British serviceperson is Falkland Islands' first case of COVID-19

A health team on Mount Pleasant base - home to some 1,300 military personnel - is tracing all those the patient had contact with.

Deborah Hayes

Deborah Haynes

Foreign affairs editor @haynesdeborah

Saturday 4 April 2020 01:29, UK

•  

1 minute ago, chainarong said:

Don't brag, take a look at Singapore, 2000 today. 20/04/20

That's a testament to effective testing regime. Now they'll test everybody, isolate and trace, leading to control of the cluster. It's what needs to happen until there is a vaccine.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Unless the figures are based on Population how do you know a true number. The Falklands dont have any cases.

Falklands: five cases of COVID-19, all of them serving at Mount Pleasant Complex

Thursday, April 9th 2020 - 08:57 UTC
Full article

20 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You may or may not be right about the temperature factor. But perhaps use a different country to make your point. The recent spike in SG has been specifically attributed to the migrant workers' cramped living conditions. Prior to that SG was being held up as an example of excellent control of the virus. 

20 hours ago, rbkk said:

I absolutely get that. What I am sceptical about is the effect of heat and humidity. I don't think the virus is that temperature sensitive. In my link above (#250) they had to almost boil it to kill it. It seems to be thriving in SG.

Singapore temperatures are not as hot as Thailand i.e. today SG 31 c ,   Where I am in the Surin area  showed 39 to 41 c , significantly higher  with a warning from weather forecasters to stay out of the sun because of the dangers of high uv levels .

1 hour ago, superal said:

with a warning from weather forecasters to stay out of the sun because of the dangers of high uv levels .

Perhaps in some surreal future the forecasters will be telling us to get out into the sunshine to let the UV rays kill the virus! That I get.

25 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Perhaps in some surreal future the forecasters will be telling us to get out into the sunshine to let the UV rays kill the virus! That I get.

10 million filthy chicks tourist to thailand and only got 47 virus uk dont have 10 millions chicky visiting in 10 years never mind 1 year and uk have 16000 deaths look at Italy spain so I like know why thailand only 47 cases now it have come out the chicky had more caese what they said they had so is thailand chicky masters telling the world what to say and to keep the numbers down we promise we will send u all the chicky u like back to thailand every soon 

2 hours ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

10 million filthy chicks tourist to thailand and only got 47 virus uk dont have 10 millions chicky visiting in 10 years never mind 1 year and uk have 16000 deaths look at Italy spain so I like know why thailand only 47 cases now it have come out the chicky had more caese what they said they had so is thailand chicky masters telling the world what to say and to keep the numbers down we promise we will send u all the chicky u like back to thailand every soon 

I'm not sure what poultry has to do with this topic. Maybe you're confusing it with bird flu? ????

• Haha 2

This latest finding could shed light on differences in regional mortality. https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3080771/coronavirus-mutations-affect-deadliness-strains-chinese-study                                                                                                                                                                                                     The most aggressive strains could generate 270 times as much viral load as the weakest type.

Edited by rbkk

The health department has already stated that they are not planning any widespread testing. Individuals will only be tested if they are exibiting symptoms or suspected of being in a cluster where someone in that group became infected. They are relying on tracing people who were near someone that's infected at the moment. They stated that their cost is 2000 baht per test. 

11 hours ago, rbkk said:

This latest finding could shed light on differences in regional mortality. https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3080771/coronavirus-mutations-affect-deadliness-strains-chinese-study                                                                                                                                                                                                     The most aggressive strains could generate 270 times as much viral load as the weakest type.

Thailand would've gotten the early Wuhan version. What remains to be seen is if antibodies, if any are present, protect against all strains. If not, multiple waves.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:35 AM, Yadon Toploy said:

Test few, and make the criteria for testing very narrow and the results will be low.

Hire a PR firm to trumpet the success.

Simples.

Test very many, many of whom are from the most survivable group/age, then the figures, infections/deaths, will look good, better.

When I left Thailand on 27th March only those showing symptoms, a temperature, could be tested