Phuket Lockdown ‘shall end on Apr 30’

rooster59

Phuket Lockdown ‘shall end on Apr 30’

1587180507_1-org.jpg

Image: NBT / as posted by PR Dept

PHUKET: The Phuket Governor has extended all lockdown orders to Apr 30. The previous orders were set to expire on Apr 26.

The “Phuket Lockdown” was extended through a handful of orders dated as issued on Wednesday (Apr 15), and marked as in effect from Wednesday, but were only publicly posted after 8:30pm last night. (See here.)

The only explanation given for extending the lockdown was to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-lockdown-shall-end-on-apr-30-75746.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-18

The longer they delay reopening the island the more they are doing harm to themselves and hundreds of thousands of others.  If they were realistic and had half a brain cell they would have a plan to start lifting different lockdowns bit y bit.... and this could/should be starting by no later than 25th with the current status of new infections.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

At least those of us here can start going to the beach again, not too mention possibly being able to go to other parts of the island.  While on the subject, maybe even able to buy a beer if one chooses to.

exactly: here in Kamala, Big c is ok..... BUT>>>>>>>>>
I expect backpackers to be traveling by june/july and some tourists will return come nov

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

"Phuket Lockdown 2.0 will start at 00:01 on May 1st"

Just a prediction from my crystal ball.

Then they must have much more troops on Phuket to control the situation. If not i predict 2014 2.0.

8 minutes ago, schlog said:

Then they must have much more troops on Phuket to control the situation. If not i predict 2014 2.0.

I predict 1997 meltdown with 2014 to top it off - a double whammy that will outstrip both - like I said the government better step up or else

• Like 2

And then May 7.  Then May 14.....

Like all flu viruses, this coronavirus isn't going away.  And as long as the population is locked away, natural immunity will not be allow to take hold in the community.  "Flatten the curve" is synonymous with "extend the length of state dictated lock-downs."  You don't need a crystal ball.  You just need to understand what is driving the lock-downs in the first place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sad indeed, thank you for your post, and generosity to that lady, as you said, you can only feel sorrow for these people because you know what the reality is down the line.

Would love to see the government starting to show that it cares for its people and start up food shelters everywhere because worrying about Covid-19, is one thing, but the aftermath will be people starving to death, or dying from illnesses related to malnutrition in my opinion. 

For those of us fortunate enough, and see some Thai's down and out, spare some change for their next meal/s.

Why hand out change?  Buy some meals from food vendors.  You then keep the small businesses running.  Then hand out the boxes/packages of food to people in need.  Find a food line and hand them out, especially if they have children.  Then you know your funds are going to feeding someone in need.

Most who gravitate toward government power are self-serving.  They care about themselves first and foremost.  Government will never be there for their citizens without strings attached.  Everything those in power do somehow benefits themselves.
Instead, become a part of the solution.  Offer charity with no strings attached. Charity given with compassion for the sake of helping others. 

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Chalong circle said:

Seen a very long line of people waiting for free food near SCB in Rawai this morning. Bought some rice, water and various canned food and brought it to tessaban. Then went to buy some baby milk, because one of my neighbours did tell me that in a room near by, the grand mother in charge was left without anything. Very difficult times for many people. For me no problem. I save money from not drinking my daily two glasses of wine for the next two weeks...

Good on ya!

A post with no credible source to support its claims has been removed.

If members post making official claims it must be supported by a credible source or it will be regarded as "gossip" and removed so as not to mislead others.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 9:24 PM, Chalong circle said:

Seen a very long line of people waiting for free food near SCB in Rawai this morning. Bought some rice, water and various canned food and brought it to tessaban. Then went to buy some baby milk, because one of my neighbours did tell me that in a room near by, the grand mother in charge was left without anything. Very difficult times for many people. For me no problem. I save money from not drinking my daily two glasses of wine for the next two weeks...

Well done, however in other areas to the north many locals have been seen (yes recorded but subsequently deleted) taking the daily food boxes & throwing in the garbage. One lady was heard saying that the rice was not pure jasmine so it was only fit for the garbage........ 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

With the 83 year old Italian being counted as a new case yesterday, anyone think Phuket will now get things lifted at the end of April?

My reply disappeared for some reason.

Personally I think we will see another 30 day continuation in Phuket, maybe with travel restrictions lifted between sub districts that have seen no new cases. Unfortunately as I live between the ground zeros of Bang Tao and Patong I'm intercoursed.

Phuket will be one of the last provinces to have restrictions lifted as it has been one of the Main clusters of infected people within thailand.

I hope they relieve alcohol restrictions on 30 Apr though or I may have to recalculate my beer ration.

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

With the 83 year old Italian being counted as a new case yesterday, anyone think Phuket will now get things lifted at the end of April?

No. Another 3 confirmed today, That will set back relax of regs by at least 14 days.  Expect we need 14 days of zero cases. 

40 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

No. Another 3 confirmed today, That will set back relax of regs by at least 14 days.  Expect we need 14 days of zero cases. 

Agreed, with 4 new cases in 2 days, it isn't looking good.  Would be nice to be able to go to the beach and keep distancing.  With zero tourists here except those that have been here, I can't imagine the beaches will be overflowing with people.  Oh, be nice to be able to pick up a few cold beverages if one so chooses also.

From other news sources saying there were locking down and really checking Bang Tao, it doesn't surprise me new cases popped up as it seems the gov't know there were cases there.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nbarcroftr said:

I really hope they move into a ‘soft’ lockdown and reopen low risk areas such as parks/dams for exercise.

I’ll happily sit in my house for another month if I can stretch my legs once a day and buy a beer to drink at night.

where we can buy beers

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:21 PM, Andartecca said:

where we can buy beers

Cannot, There used to be a couple of places where you could always buy a buy or 2 around where I live this time no, not a cat in hells chance

On 4/22/2020 at 7:17 PM, Nbarcroftr said:

I really hope they move into a ‘soft’ lockdown and reopen low risk areas such as parks/dams for exercise.

I’ll happily sit in my house for another month if I can stretch my legs once a day and buy a beer to drink at night.

Id like to think so but yesterday they closed the area at the north end of Karon Beach where the lake is and I read on another thread they've blocked off the whole of Kata Beach Road. These were both popular areas for walkers and joggers and from what I saw there has not been a social distancing problem.

I'm happy if they keep Phuket in lockdown but it would be great to get from Karon/Kata to Villa or Tesco Lotus in Chalong; Makro's food choices are very limited!

• Like 1