What car do you drive in Thailand?

1 minute ago, pineapple01 said:

False Economy, convincing false plates would cost more than the silly little fines for speeding here.

Probably true here, although there are now a lot more cameras and a lot more offences being recorded by them (ask me about iffy lane changes at 1k a pop ???? ).

But in the UK it's big business, with everything on the PNC a hooky set of plates gets you tax, insurance, MOT and no camera fines (at least until you get caught). Part of the reason it's so difficult to get replacement plates now.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

It's to stop people "spoofing" plates. 

Got a car of the same make, model and colour? Get a set of copy plates made up and somebody else gets your speeding tickets.

Spoof away... I can afford your speeding fines and all mine ????

IMG_20200412_172526[1].jpg

• Haha 1

I drive only Colorado pickups.  Drove only various models of Chevrolet pickups from the S10 to the Silverado back in the USA since 1986.  Never had a significant problem of any kind.  Yes, a couple of minor issues but all solved in a couple hours at the dealership.  In Thailand I have only driven 4 door Colorado's with 2 wheel drive.  They are big and you sit higher than in a sedan giving you a much better view of the road ahead.  They are comfortable, economical and provide a comfortably smooth ride.  They and the passengers also tend to survive much better than a smaller sedan in most accidents.  Four wheel drive is useless here and an expensive periodic maintenance item unless you live in a rural area or on a farm where 4 wheel drive could prove occasionally useful.

6 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

I drive only Colorado pickups.  Drove only various models of Chevrolet pickups from the S10 to the Silverado back in the USA since 1986.  Never had a significant problem of any kind.  Yes, a couple of minor issues but all solved in a couple hours at the dealership.  In Thailand I have only driven 4 door Colorado's with 2 wheel drive.  They are big and you sit higher than in a sedan giving you a much better view of the road ahead.  They are comfortable, economical and provide a comfortably smooth ride.  They and the passengers also tend to survive much better than a smaller sedan in most accidents.  Four wheel drive is useless here and an expensive periodic maintenance item unless you live in a rural area or on a farm where 4 wheel drive could prove occasionally useful.

Sometimes if you want the features of the Top Model it has 4WD. On the other hand there are some people here who denigrate  it cause they cant afford it, and people like me who dont like it because its hard to hang the back out.

20 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

Was your Colorado here actually an Isuzu...?

• Like 1

Since I went on tinder I always choose a woman with a car because I'm too poor in Thailand to own a one. 

My current wife drives a Jazz. I can live with that, but I hope she upgrades soon. I'm 194cm and it's not always comfortable when she chauffeurs me around. 

I drive a Mitsubishi Triton and have for the past 7 years. Fantastic. Super reliable. Good mileage. Drivers seat could be padded a bit more bit otherwise I am a happy camper that I bought it back then.

When I retired I decided to buy a new vehicle, my wife wanted an SUV to haul people around up to the mountains, so I shopped around and really liked the Ford Everest. Three row seating, power everything and a very good aircon system. I bought the 2wd version because I never need 4wd in my other vehicle, but need the extra ground clearance that these vehicles have. My other car is a Nissan March, which is a drive to market car. Easy to park in tiny soi's and cheap to drive. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Sweet. I was seriously thinking about one of these. Went to the showroom and was very impressed by build quality and spec for the price. Malaysian-made hence as you say price 'reasonable' in Thailand terms for a Euro vehicle. THB2.2 million starting point. The 400 bhp is slightly misleading because it's something like 250 from the petrol pot and 150 from the electric motor. Claiming 60 km/l fuel economy although with pump prices as low as they are now ...

Decided to hold off though because I am most interested in the XC40 Recharge, the full EV model, which is also apparently going to be made in Malaysia for sale here.

Current car: VW Scirocco. Getting on now but I love it. 2.0 turbo with DSG box. The best auto box I've ever driven.

XC40 Looks Upmarket like a CRV, the others except Ford look like Trucks with a Conservatory on the back. 

22 hours ago, garrya said:

An 8-year-old Ford Fiesta. Hate it with passion. It feels like a Lego, consumes way too much petrol considering its engine and its size and its electronics are just not up to scratch.

4 more months installments left, so we can change for something more serious.

maybe a chevrolet ?    555555

toyota or honda if you want  reliability and easy/ cheap service ( if ever needed)

otherwise..... maserati or ferrari 

• Like 1

Let me know when you start the thread:

1.  What kind of helicopter do you fly?

2.  What kind of yacht do you have?

3.  Show us pictures of your castle

or, for more reality,

1.  Pictures of the bridge you live under

2. Mother's basement pictures

3.  How to spend your last 20 baht

i owned a lot of Audi's ....   omg, expensive to fix.  had a BMW that seemed to break every week.   honda was garbage.  suzuki was ok until it wasn't.  datsun was ok, i think.  Suburu was overrated...  

now i'll just walk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2020 at 9:25 AM, giddyup said:

First car ever? Are you 17?

Why reply like this ?? , he's seemingly happy with it hence the pictures he send . Not everybody buys his first car ever when their 17 . Be happy with what other people have instead of looking down on people and commenting like this . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1