What car do you drive in Thailand?

On 4/18/2020 at 9:41 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

I thought that 4x4 is bought just once. Then people realize it's useless to them/expensive/another thing to break and take care of and move on.... .

A 4x4 only gets you stuck further from the main road.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

From memory, the Austin Champs - the ones with the Rolls Royce B engines - didn't have power steering either. I sometimes wondered where the owners in Oz would find a mechanic who could service them.

As a young soldier, remember driving the Austin Champ - fantastic vehicle with 4 forward gears and 4 reverse gears!

Honda CR-V and we love it.  Very comfortable, nice ride height, stable on the highway, very flexible with the seating--we can pack 7 in if we aren't going too far--and, with the back seats down we can carry lots of stuff when we go out shopping.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

Honda CR-V and we love it.  Very comfortable, nice ride height, stable on the highway, very flexible with the seating--we can pack 7 in if we aren't going too far--and, with the back seats down we can carry lots of stuff when we go out shopping.  

They certainty do have that Quality Statesman Look about them.

50 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Why reply like this ?? , he's seemingly happy with it hence the pictures he send . Not everybody buys his first car ever when their 17 . Be happy with what other people have instead of looking down on people and commenting like this . 

Really, you're too funny ahahaa. If you're a guy from the US you probably had a car at age 17. Me, I was driving on the streets at age 14, bought my first car a 56 chevy 2 door with the 265 auto at age 15.

Daily beater is a Celica AWD, bought for 400k very much regret. It's still fun especially took Thailand advantage of simplifying lotta things( sidexit etc. ) and still pass Mochit TorRorOr in one go. 

6 months of drive then 6 months on jack - one of the faffest car Toyota produced

93422690_1921823024628266_246436204013158400_o.jpg

• Like 1

2015 Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo (1.2) automatic. Love it. Had an Audi A5 TFSI 1.8 2012 in Norway before moving. Loved that car also. Both very comfortable on the road. Never had any technical problems with either.

And my Honda X-ADV 750cc (first ever bigbike I have owned). Great long distance bike.

Yaris2.jpg

20191031_095020.jpg

5 minutes ago, RobbyXNorway said:

2015 Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo (1.2) automatic. Love it. Had an Audi A5 TFSI 1.8 2012 in Norway before moving. Loved that car also. Both very comfortable on the road. Never had any technical problems with either.

And my Honda X-ADV 750cc (first ever bigbike I have owned). Great long distance bike.

Yaris2.jpg

20191031_095020.jpg

That Honda looks extremely ugly and extremely comfortable at the same time.

4 minutes ago, RobbyXNorway said:

Yaris2.jpg

20191031_095020.jpg

Norway a place where Old Folks folks trip over Electric Car Charging Cables in the Snow.

5 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

That Honda looks extremely ugly and extremely comfortable at the same time.

I need the scooter seating because my hip is FUBAR and cant sit on a regular MC. Cant ride horses either because of the same problem. So when a friend tipped me that Honda had this one I immediately went and got it ???? Always dreamed of having a bigbike and go riding around. Took me a bit of training to be able to do longer trips but have done the Mae Hong Son Loop twice now (from Hua Hin up around Chiang Rai and back down). I have 4 herniated discs and some other stuff going on in my lower back so going from a very secluded and handicaped living in Norway to relaxing in the warmth of the Thai climate has done me wonders. Living a life I could only dream about in Norway.

Age 46 btw and 100% retired on disability pension in Norway.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

My green Adventador  parked at Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai. MAYA Lifestyle Shopping Mall has free parking out front  for "Supercars" also. "Pretties" leave their contact details under the windscreen wiper.

Unknown.jpeg

Less of a pilot, more of a space cadet.

A doctor goes round the loonies ward and

sees a bloke driving a Maseratti in bed, so

the doc says 'Mate, you haven't got a

Maseratti'. The bloke in the next bed said,

'Dont tell him that, I get 7 quid a week for

cleaning it'.

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

As a young soldier, remember driving the Austin Champ - fantastic vehicle with 4 forward gears and 4 reverse gears!

Unimog's are awesome. 12 forward and 12 reverse WITH SYNCHROMESH.

The French army loves them apparently.

1 hour ago, transam said:
2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

And this car is a real Isuzu ;

why ?

( I remind you that Isuzu never made a sedan )

Photo shot in Khon Kaen 

2192575_PB210130_Khon_Kaen(Copy).thumb.JPG.128c9a8c97d1398835192bbcdfdc3523.JPG

Diesel engine...?

Never mind that trans, it looks like it comes with its own tow truck.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Diesel engine...?

of course since Isuzu only manufactures diesel engines;

it is also the world number 1;
this sedan is a Honda with an Isuzu diesel engine;
it is a factory assembly when Honda and Isuzu had an adventure in common.

On 4/19/2020 at 9:58 AM, br12stol said:

Just bought Volvo V60 T8 407 BHP and not crazy money like some European cars here

How are you liking it?  Do you use it in full electric mode at all?  I test drove one a couple of months ago.  In the end I ended up going for the XC40 T5 but was very very close to going V60 T8 - I think it is a fantastic car.  No wireless charger in the V60 though and that was the deal breaker for me (not really).

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 12.15.35 PM.png

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 9:50 AM, Phuketshrew said:

Here is our beauty all wrapped up before we picked her up 4 years ago - Still looks and runs like new.

civic1.jpg.faf4143263f09855c312492ef20bfa48.jpg

Honda Phuket, nice and friendly dealer, it is about 15 years ago I bought there my Honda CRV. after I own a Honda Civic, and yes, bought it at the same dealer.

Nissan A31 Cefiro with a 2JZ, GTX3076R Gen 2 turbo, manifold, FMIC, external wastegate, ECU, injectors, coils, fuel system and coil overs. In the shop now getting body kit and paint. 
Good cheap fun and around 450hp in this guise. I’ll build another JZ for 750+hp when I strip it and cage it for track use only 

A2E10D76-A3C0-4109-B4B2-C87245E4E1E5.jpeg

1C88F75A-10F6-4A5D-B1C7-4A38BFD02B44.jpeg

048A8590-B1E1-4014-ACF6-0C31AC81812A.jpeg

Edited by MadMuhammad
  • Like 2