Tell PM to stop weapons purchases, end corruption: academic's message to country's richest

Jonathan Fairfield

19 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Corruption is part of the lifestyle of Thailand they’ll never get rid of that every time the government buys a big purchase item don’t you think all the people involved are getting paid under the table I mean TIT

Corruption is the consequence of 'blood is thicker than water' culture. Top down approach to eliminate the corruption usually doesn't work. The population has to be educated to have mindset of 'social justice before the blood'. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I live in Thailand. I am not a citizen. Not a legal Resident. Am on a O visa. I have no opinion on matters Thai Govt except as expressed to immediate family.

The reason is that it does me no good to find myself angered because I have no say in Thai politics at all. No vote. No say.No input asked. None given.

I like it this way. It's very Taoist.

Not that I am a Taoist but like water I just keep flowing around the rocks and don't get stuck in the cracks. 

All the screaming and yelling, but none of it is at me so why listen?

I have family up in Isaan and my family here in Bangkok. There is no emergency taking place under my roof. All is calm. Up Northeast all are calm in the village. Family elsewhere in Local area...also cool.

A beautiful day.

MAGA! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kevin612 said:

It is impossible to end corruption because too many poor people and I believe corruption exists in most of the countries, like at least 90%.

You are absolutely right, whatever those who disapprove of you .

I will even go much further, Thailand still plays in the courtyard of kindergarten students compared to very many countries, including some in Europe such as France.

In Thailand it amounts to hundreds of millions of baht here and there.
In France it is in the tens of billions of euros;
cf, by example, the sale of the war frigates in Taiwan or the oil sniffer planes under the reign, sorry the presidency of M Giscard D'estaing

Edited by Assurancetourix
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, CLS said:

Times are changing. Things that could not have been outspoken before this crisis are now socially accepted.

They may be socially acceptable, but are they acceptable to those in charge?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The tycoons should tell PM to review the State of Emergency as many countries such as South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand and Denmark do not impose the state of emergency

I was agreeing with everything the university director was saying right up until that point.

New Zealand was one of the first to impose a lock-down which critics say has come at a devastating economic cost.

"When historians assess how countries approached the coronavirus pandemic, New Zealand is sure to stand out.

The South Pacific nation is alone among its western peers in explicitly attempting to eradicate the virus. It adopted one of the strictest lockdowns in the world before a single death was reported,"

https://fortune.com/2020/04/18/new-zealand-jacinda-ardern-eliminate-coronavirus/

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

and get rid of corruption.

There is no prostitution in Thailand and definitely no corruption.

The police did a highly visible and publicised sweep through the streets of Pattaya and found nothing.

Prayut has been in power 6 years and I'm sure has done what he promised to do regarding the latter!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

I wonder if this appeal is being heard in a certain hotel in a certain European country.

Heard is one thing, doing something useful about it is quite another. Money's money and it ain't a charity ya know...

1 hour ago, JAG said:
2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

I live in Thailand. I am not a citizen. Not a legal Resident. Am on a O visa. I have no opinion on matters Thai Govt except as expressed to immediate family.

The reason is that it does me no good to find myself angered because I have no say in Thai politics at all. No vote. No say.No input asked. None given.

Not that I am a Taoist but like water I just keep flowing around the rocks and don't get stuck in the cracks. 

I have family up in Isaan and my family here in Bangkok. There is no emergency taking place under my roof. All is calm. Up Northeast all are calm in the village. Family elsewhere in Local area...also cool.

A beautiful day.

To precis: "I'm all right Jack!"

Indeed. Sod everyone else, the only important person here is moi. Calm is one thing and good luck. Uncaring is quite another.

Still, it takes all sorts to make a world, and everyone thinks they're superior to all the rest in one way or another - it's part of the human condition. Rest assured that one day, the nature our friend believes he is an integral spiritual part of, will take a dump all over him. Because it doesn't actually give a toss.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

A beautiful day.

I envy your ability.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I am pretty sure that our esteemed PM, already believes he have rid Thailand of corruption. He will just confirm that all is above board and no one of his staff or their underlings are engaged in such nasty and illegal things.

and no more watches borrowed from a friend

• Haha 1

Sadly corruption is endemic....unless you opt for the Chinese way of actually punishing the corrupt harshly even if they be high level party people, then there will be no way to eradicate or even stop it spreading.....corruption is the coronavirus of Thailand.

Asking a government made up largely of generals to stop increasing the budgets for weapons is like asking kids to stop asking for toys. The weapons and submarines etc make these guys go erect.

So useless input.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BobBKK said:

"get rid of corruption"?  there is no corruption in Thailand it's just "Thainess"

Correct , and we aliens / farangs , are just Cannon foder .

My 800k , is now in my back pocket , one cannot be too careful , in Los..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dallen52 said:

There's a high possibility that it's not high on the list of things. 

'I wonder if this appeal is being heard in a certain hotel in a certain European country.' ParkerN   

Possibly planning a large home fit for a king in the centre of Bangkok.  Might upset a lot of people, especially when a lot of people feel they are not doing very well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, elliss said:

Correct , and we aliens / farangs , are just Cannon foder .

My 800k , is now in my back pocket , one cannot be too careful , in Los..

"My 800k , is now in my back pocket"  Certainly can be a wise decision in these uncertain times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1