New Bangkok-Korat highway

Jerseysteve

I don't have any information about the new highway opening,

but the HSR rail contract is subject to delay.

The chinese rail systems contract is likely delayed until at least october. That's about a six month delay.

You can search online for deferral of signing rail contract.

FYI, There are two new sections of the Thai HSR Civil Works approved and ready to be let.

As you would expect these are affected by the COVID19 situation. Meetings and signing ceremonies, etc. 

• Like 1

End of next year or early 2022 according to Thai Highway News and other media reports. Watch "Nakhon Channel" on YT for further updates.

Reportedly, the expressway may be opened in stages before then. Watch for the elevated section over the Lamthakong dam to open possibly in time for the New Year holiday.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 2:14 AM, Darkside Gray said:

If its like the new highway system bypassing Pattaya you will be waiting a long time!

We've already been waiting for a long time.

I can honestly say that I've never known it take so long to build a bridge - anywhere.

The bridge I refer to is near my home - where the new road crosses over Thanarat Road, near Makro, Pak Chong. Each time I went home last year I thought - that will be finished by the time I come back (8 weeks). In reality it probably advanced 2m between visits.  With all the other elevated portions, the concrete sections were formed offsite and carried in by truck.  For some inexplicable reason, the sections for the bridge in question were formed on site - thereby adding even more to the construction time. The bridge construction caused massive jams at holiday times etc. - glad I wasn't there when the Big Mountain Festival took place.

I've now been away for over 5 month (thanks corona) - and I doubt its finished yet.

• Like 1