IRS 2019 Tax Refund- Did they REALLY mail it?

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Was that the postmark date also?  Have found there often is a delay between mailing date and actual mail deposit.  But time is not that much off as I received an SS letter that was mailed on 24th of April last week.  Some organization have been drop mailing from Europe and they have arrived in about 3 weeks (but that was more than a month ago).  But mail should be getting better.

No postmark. Probably being a US Government official IRS business envelope. 

• 1 month later...

I mailed my 2019 1040 from Thailand on Feb. 22, 2020.

The IRS2Go mobile app showed that it was received, and being processed.

I messed up my Direct Deposit routing number on my return, I dropped one leading -0-. This resulted in my stimulus check being printed and mailed (May 8, 2020, still not received), instead of deposited directly.

However my refund was just deposited into the designated account, with a bit of interest, yesterday. No clue how that happened? Maybe the processor recognized the error and added it?

Bangkok Bank charges $15 to deposit a paper check from the U.S. Treasury (IRS, SSA, VA) and the money is deposited into your account within a few days.  Sadly, if the paper check is from another source, even one that looks very reputable like an insurance company or pension provider the fees are about $70 and the wait for the check to clear is 60 days.