Farangs in Chiang Mai help desperate Thais after handouts fail to arrive

webfact

6 minutes ago, hugolars said:

Here you go all farang Samaritans that want to save the thais from starvation:

When you end up in jail there will not be any riot outside demanding your release same when your visa extension is denied because you are short 1 bath in the bank account. 

Keep low and mind your own business. 

Good man - I think all these Good Samaritans  are a bunch of old codgers trying to make merit for their misdeed with bar girls over the years. Now they feel guilty. Makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Coco butter,

a blindness follower without critical thinking skills...

big difference between questioning of who is he actually helping in a random giveaway vs pre-determined identified need...could have ran it thru a knowledgeable charity of where the needs truly are...

Maybe if I have a free lemonade stand run by my daughter in my well-to-do neighborhood, I am sure they will flock like buffalo to a cliff...

No need to comment b/c you seem to just repeat yourself in your two personal attack posts...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, grego49 said:

Same in Kanchanaburi,cheers

Hahah show up their inadequacies, and you are liable to be on trumped up charges and given the boot out of Thailand. I have no time for self appointed would be saints. Let the Thais deal with their own problems. Lay low and mind your own business. Don't be the white knight on a salvation mission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melbun said:

Hahah show up their inadequacies, and you are liable to be on trumped up charges and given the boot out of Thailand. I have no time for self appointed would be saints. Let the Thais deal with their own problems. Lay low and mind your own business. Don't be the white knight on a salvation mission.

Also, Thailand is not deepest, darkest Africa where people are starving due to droughts. Yes, they may be doing it tough (like everywhere else). But look at the average Thai - many are quite over fed,  to the point of being obese. Clearly Thailand isn't 3rd world but quite a well to do developing nation, with plenty of wealthy people that should have the responsibility of looking after their own. Not someone with the saint complex handing out rations of rice. Sheesh.

Edited by Melbun
  • Like 1

I would dearly love to see Melbun in this same predictament one day,with a load of Thai watching him waste away ,slowly maybe,perhaps he is very wealthy or maybe just above comfortable. but of course he is on TV where a short while ago i asked where could we help? so now he joins the others who suggested i was no knight in shiny armour nor a guardien angel.damn good luck to these guys in cm,they may not get abmedal,but they can look at themselves in the mirror in the morning. proud of them,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beavenlen said:

I would dearly love to see Melbun in this same predictament one day,with a load of Thai watching him waste away ,slowly maybe,perhaps he is very wealthy or maybe just above comfortable. but of course he is on TV where a short while ago i asked where could we help? so now he joins the others who suggested i was no knight in shiny armour nor a guardien angel.damn good luck to these guys in cm,they may not get abmedal,but they can look at themselves in the mirror in the morning. proud of them,

Oh nasty, nasty fancy wishing that upon me. Bottom line is that all this

' goodness ' is nothing more than self  serving ego tripping. Thai's have been managing for eons without the help of ' dirty farangs '. They are not starving and many are over nourished. Maybe if they curtail the whisky and gambling they can save money.

Edited by Melbun
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Melbun, give it a rest please, u have 5 posts on this page alone.

You know - I agree - I think this is the grand finale (6 posts now).

I don't really have anything useful to add - I'm exhausted and in need of a bowl of rice.Bye all has been lovely talking to you.

Edited by Melbun
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Me too ..... for a while ....... can't remember why.

I know why I dumped him. IMHO he is mind numbingly boring, repetitive, argumentative and reading his posts was a waste of time, and I have better things to do with my time.

• Haha 2

On 4/22/2020 at 8:15 AM, Melbun said:

Also, Thailand is not deepest, darkest Africa where people are starving due to droughts. Yes, they may be doing it tough (like everywhere else). But look at the average Thai - many are quite over fed,  to the point of being obese. Clearly Thailand isn't 3rd world but quite a well to do developing nation, with plenty of wealthy people that should have the responsibility of looking after their own. Not someone with the saint complex handing out rations of rice. Sheesh.

Agree. These people live in fantasy land. "Help one person and you have helped the world! We shall overcome!" and pat each other on the back with "good work mate!". so much happiness bought with small gestures and small money.

How about start a Farang crowdfund to help thais with minimum donation 50 000 bath. Any farang can afford it but very few would donate.

Go ahead and "help" but please don't look down on people who does not participate or raise you to sainthood for these gestures. It's like giving a tip at the bar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I know why I dumped him. IMHO he is mind numbingly boring, repetitive, argumentative and reading his posts was a waste of time, and I have better things to do with my time.

So when you said I wasn't your mate - I thought you were joking. I'm really cut up that you really mean it :<). So in your ' not so humble opinion  ' - I'm boring, repetitive, argumentative and all your replies have been a waste of your time ?? Because there are those that don't agree, and don't support my discussion - and a few other enlightened chaps that can see through this saintly ruse ??

On 4/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, hugolars said:

Agree. These people live in fantasy land. "Help one person and you have helped the world! We shall overcome!" and pat each other on the back with "good work mate!". so much happiness bought with small gestures and small money.

How about start a Farang crowdfund to help thais with minimum donation 50 000 bath. Any farang can afford it but very few would donate.

Go ahead and "help" but please don't look down on people who does not participate or raise you to sainthood for these gestures. It's like giving a tip at the bar.

Who would have thought it?  some farang are actually helping people who need it and a few on here have to come along and pee all over them? I do agree that I did cringe a bit when I see photos of farang at Makro loading up but not all of us make a show of it. That aside I think compassion deserves support not derision?  No not saints but decent human beings.

• Thanks 1

This is what our Western culture is about.  Stepping up and volunteering and freely giving when there is a need without any thought of obtain something in return.  The act itself is it's own reward.  So as others have said, kudos to you all for the selfless assistance that you are providing.  This - makes me proud of our own (farang) culture.  Good job! 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1