Stranded tourists: Russian couple sleeping under the rocks for weeks after Krabi hotel shuts them out

webfact

Read this a few months ago...he lived in the forest 

Knight was only 20 years old when he walked away from society, not to be seen again for more than a quarter of a century. He had been working for less than a year installing home and vehicle alarm systems near Boston, Massachusetts, when abruptly, without giving notice to his boss, he quit his job. He never even returned his tools. He cashed his final pay cheque and left town. 

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why do you see that as a joke?

At their age, camping on a tropical beach, perfect! I did in Morocco, new Zealand, Australia. not so tropical England and Wales. Many people love camping in Thailand also. GET A LIFE !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drbeach said:

As long as they're able to find food, then I don't see the issue. The question is - would they have preferred to continue living outside or are they grateful for being able to stay in a hotel? My hunch is the latter,  but I wouldn't rule out the former.

they also need to be causing no damage to the natural environment with fire, rubbish and human waste. to be honest hostels are so cheap in thailand there is really no need for anyone to be living outdoors

59 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

At their age, camping on a tropical beach, perfect! I did in Morocco, new Zealand, Australia. not so tropical England and Wales. Many people love camping in Thailand also. GET A LIFE !

Gte one yourself. It´s just like this. Thailand does not offer camping at all places. Therefore they tried to help these people. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

They said they were not planning on going back to Russia until the coronavirus outbreak improved

You guys aren't getting it, this is about Russia.  Russia is exploding with covid-19 right now.  It may become the next "Italy" in terms of infected and death.  Healthcare resources have always been minimal there.

These two are camping out most likely to save money as nobody knows how long this emergency will last.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Gte one yourself. It´s just like this. Thailand does not offer camping at all places. Therefore they tried to help these people. Nothing wrong with that. 

Unlike many western countries, there are no laws about camping in Thailand T T B O M K., i did not say there was anything wrong with helping this couple or as you put it "these people" i was simply saying camping at that age is great, I have a great life thanks with wonderful memories of camping, and the skills it can bring. ????️. Dib dib dob Akela. do you like my toggle?

British_Wolf_Cub_1960.jpg.a4784b6182d4ebc6bd33b525f58d75f9.jpg

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sanuk711 said:
20 hours ago, The Word said:

Where did it say that?

First  in the main story----2nd from sanook.......(In Thai)

This is what you claimed was reported...

"...Or they Excepted [sic]the help when offered it", (whatever that means).

So, no, it did not say that in either report.

Edited by The Word

5 minutes ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Of course, Thais always catter to tourists like this and there is always a temple nearby ... Just move a few rocks and you'll find one

There are not many times they have to do it but if somebody really need, disregarding nationality, the temples always give a place for sleep and food.

And Yes, there is always a temple nearby.

To Iron Tongue post -'you guys aren't getting it….'

The number of infected people in Russia is 52.763 and 456 people died.

This morning report on virus cases : US, Spain, Italy, France, Germany and UK -the total number of deaths (all together ) in these countries is 134,467 

Hope it is going down in every country , luckily the virus is gradually losing its potential and 97% of infected people are milder cases.