Beware of Lazada

Dario

Earlier this year Lazada had my order for 7 days (time window for delivery by ) and marked  as processing throughout this time , then cancelled it on the 7th day. Done with that company use Shoppee.co.th or jdcentral.co.th   much more efficient with same range of products and better customer service

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 1

ordered somethings online.... let me think

watch, 4000 baht.  BAD, but not garbage.  

portable music player, garbage

heart rate monitor, very good

electric shaver, average at best

coffee mug, very good

coffee machine, decent.  

facebook marketplace... MUCH BETTER.  

anyhow......wait for the big sale, expect garbage.  only order it if you can't find it anywhere else....and good luck.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Earlier this year Lazada had my order for 7 days (time window for delivery by ) and marked  as processing throughout this time , then cancelled it on the 7th day. Done with that company use Shoppee.co.th or jdcentral.co.th   much more efficient with same range of products and better customer service

I had the same...this was for items shipped from abroad

• Like 1

Internet shopping is always swings and roundabouts, sometimes good quality and value, other times pure junk. When you have to rely on a picture and the seller's description, this is inevitable. It is a learning game, you learn whom to trust amongst the various suppliers that a group uses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, macahoom said:

Based on what you say, it seems you bought a washing machine with a seven day warranty.

If that is indeed the case, you are up Sheet Creek without a paddle.

I doubt that is the case - te item will have to comply with consumer laws of Thailand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Is there a manufacture guarantee?...even places like Lotus only offer 7 days, after that it's back to the Manufacturer..Lazada  clearly states guarantee details, what did the seller have on their listing?

No warranty. Return within 7 days. I failed to notice that when I ordered, mea culpa. I can throw the machine in the garbage.

Edited by Dario
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Sounds like a lot of BS to me. First of all the general warranty will depend on the seller and not Lazada, legal things too.

Secondly, the standard time to return something is 7 days. This has nothing to do with the Item breaking, to do this one needs to escalate the issue with Lazada.

That can even be 2 months after the purchase. With other words, OP is screaming too fast. Not sure why a CEO of Lazada would want to help you on this, Lazada is owned by Alibaba. You have to deal with the customer service department, nothing else.

Also sounds very strange to get a smell from a machine as origin of a problem, when it is almost new. Poor water quality / dirty water can actually ruin a washing machine as well it has bad effects on clothes. Specially the case with hard water.

My wife actually had to refund customers up to 3 months later, even our returns are 7 days and warranty is 30 days + the customer broke it himself.

This is correct. The warranty is up to the seller and something a buyer should consider when purchasing any item.

I got a full refund of a 4000 baht electric toothbrush last year as it came with a seller's 1 year warranty, nearly a year after purchase. I was very happy with Lazada's customer service.

I've had computer accessories refunded very quickly without even having to return the items.

A lot of counterfeit goods are sold on Lazada, but mere mention of counterfeit gets very quick refunds. I think Lazada shopping is quite safe.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Ok, so the OP buys something online that is actually covered by warranty. The item is faulty, the OP reports it and the seller has no problem with replacing it. However, he buys it online, so he has to return it to the merchant. That's part of the agreement. It is the same with supermarkets or hardware stores, too. You have an issue, so you have to take it back to the merchant. I see absolutely no problem here. 

The merchant offers warranty and the buyer is also covered by Lazada's (not the sellers') 7-day money-back guarantee.

The problem is the nature of online shopping. Why do we have to beware of Lazada in this case?

All these online markets are terrible anyways. The quality of the items is just beyond imagination. Most of the sellers lie about the materials, quality and origin of the items. As there is no real consumer protection established by the law, they can do it. Lazada,on the other hand, is quite fair with the buyers in case of disputes.

And many buyers are just nutcase as seen in this scenario. 

We have people complaining about the size of the item they buy even though the description, photos and even chat responses clarify it. Got a 1star feedback from 2 different ladies who both proudly show a 12-13 cm thick pillow complaining about how thin it is. The description clearly defined the thickness as 10-13 cm. It was even underlined that these pillows were small and rather thin. In photos a tape measure is placed around the pillow, again, showing its dimensions clearly. These people even rated the seller with 1 star. The seller did not lie about the product, posted it on time, the item arrived on time, and it clearly matched the description, and the seller politely responded to the buyers' enquiries promptly. And the nutcase rates the seller 1 star. ????

Blimey. 

• Sad 1

I was overcharged at 711 the other night, didn't realize it till I got home.  Brought the one item back..she tells me I needed to bring everything back..had already eaten some of it. Took them ten minutes to give a refund..HomePro has tried the same <deleted>..but simply telling them that unlike <deleted>ty Thai credit cards, mine is from the US, and it is very easy for me to dispute, and I wouldn't be waiting multiple billing cycles for a refund.  Had trouble with Lazada, too.  Eventually, they gave me money in my wallet, but they probably knew foreigners can't activate it..but I disputed with Chase and they immediately put the amount in my account, but told me they would wait to hear the vendors side, but they never responded.  Lazada has the counterfeiting cancer, but Amazon has its issues, too.  

Same 7-day deadline for returns when I bought a fake "Kingston" USB Flash drive from Lazada. Found out after trying it after 10-days. Lazada would not take any responsibility and claim they vet all their vendors to prevent counterfeit products. Sure, which is why I can buy fake products on Lazada today and prove that they are fake.  

2 minutes ago, taiping said:

Same 7-day deadline for returns when I bought a fake "Kingston" USB Flash drive from Lazada. Found out after trying it after 10-days. Lazada would not take any responsibility and claim they vet all their vendors to prevent counterfeit products. Sure, which is why I can buy fake products on Lazada today and prove that they are fake.  

Yes, there has been a huge wave of counterfeit flash memory floating around on Lazada.  I have had good luck with JiB.  I bought an Otto sandwich press from Lazada..it was about 300 THB..Otto is a Thai brand that has worked well for me, like the Hatari fans.  I became suspicious after the Otto label started smearing after a few uses.  Then, the non stick surface started chipping..at that point, it is worthless.  I even cut the cord off it, before putting it in the garbage..didn't want my neighbors using it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I regularly buy on the Lazada, AliExpress, and Facebook Marketplace platforms and have been happy with all.  I have had issues with some purchased products on all platforms.  My experience is that most fo the time, the vendor will act in an honorable way to rectify the problem.  If not, usually it is just due to language issues, not malicious intent. 

On rare occasions, I have escalated to a dispute with Lazada or AliExpress and the response has been swift and favorable (in my favor) since both platforms have a "customer is always right" attitude.  They both have a very easy-to-use procedure for filing a dispute; there is no need to contact the CEO (which sounds like a silly thing to do, no offense) 

The only problem I ever had is with Facebook Marketplace since Facebook does NOT step in if there is a dispute between merchant and buyer...so I never buy anything worth more than 500 baht on FB.  I did buy a used iPhone on FB marketplace...but the vendor was local and a police officer with a legitimate personal facebook page.  We texted back and forth a few times and I just felt comfortable he would deliver as promised...and he did ????

Coincidentally, I also am looking into the idea of buying a mini-washing machine because I'll be renting a condo for a few months down south and would like to have a washing machine for that period of time but not be spending thousands of baht or take up a lot of space for a big machine,  just big enough to do a few changes of clothes at a time.  Anyone have some suggestions on brands / models that might be good?

Edited by WaveHunter

I bought an infinite list of items from Lazada, no problems. When you buy expensive stuff there are official stores (Apple official seller, Samsung official seller and so on and product are guaranteed as bought in store...). It's up to you to be smart enough and do proper research. A mini washing machine what is one of those plastic washing machines that cost 1500 baht? Come on..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sundown said:

I bought an infinite list of items from Lazada, no problems. When you buy expensive stuff there are official stores (Apple official seller, Samsung official seller and so on and product are guaranteed as bought in store...). It's up to you to be smart enough and do proper research. A mini washing machine what is one of those plastic washing machines that cost 1500 baht? Come on..

A mini washing machine doesn't necessarily equate to poor quality; we're speaking primarily of COMPACT size suitable for a small condo studio, not necessarily cheaply made. 

Edited by WaveHunter