Beware of Lazada

Dario

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I agree; Lazada seems to constantly get better for us Westerners but there is still a lack in many product categories that force you to look to other sources. 

Vitamins and supplements are a good example.  FInding a trusted brand of multivitamin on Lazada at reasonable prices is almost impossible, and I'm forced to buy from iHerb. 

Also in many instances, the price for western goods on Lazada are vastly over-inflated beyond what a normal markup on an import should cost.  There's no question in my mind that many Lazada merchants (not all) are serious price gougers when it comes to western products.

In regard to RImping, I sure miss them now that I've moved down to the Pattaya area.  No supermarkets down here carry such a targeted selection of western food products like RImping does.  They really have the pulse of western appetites down pat.

Rimping also manages their inventory of non-western goods far better than the major supermarkets down here.  Down here they can be out-of-stock on certain popular products like certain salad dressing, certain soups like Minestrone which I love, premium breads like Royal multi-grain (yum!), and other staple goods for weeks on end.

So, nice to know that RImping is now on Lazada.

Another of my favorite Chiang Mai stores (Hillkoff Coffee) is also now on Lazada.  Hilkoff's Lazada store is ALWAYS fully stocked in all of their coffees and delivery to Pattaya is only two days...outstanding!

If you read my post, you'll see that the owner of the convenience store in our condo used to work as a buyer at Rimping and her store is like a mini-Rimping, but without many items that have a short shelf life.  In her spare time in the store, the owner is working on putting her popular items on Lazada.  Each week her Lazada inventory grows. 

To my knowledge, Rimping is not on Lazada.

For electrical items, it's better to buy from local Thai shops like Homepro etc. They will certainly honor their warranty. 

Don't go for Lazada unless it's something that you can't find from other shops. Don't just save a few dollars only to find the product unusable when it arrive.

21 hours ago, NancyL said:

If you read my post, you'll see that the owner of the convenience store in our condo used to work as a buyer at Rimping and her store is like a mini-Rimping, but without many items that have a short shelf life.  In her spare time in the store, the owner is working on putting her popular items on Lazada.  Each week her Lazada inventory grows. 

To my knowledge, Rimping is not on Lazada.

Sorry, I mistakenly thought you said she currently works for RImping as a buyer.  That sounds very enterprising that she is building a Lazada store.  It's nice to think that Lazada is providing some Thai people with a way to offset the loss of income from the Covid situation.  Best wishes to her ????

Nonetheless. there seems to be a growing trend of major Thai brick & mortar stores to be using Lazada as a selling platform, which is why I mentioned Hillkoff Coffee in Chiang Mai. 

Not sure if you are a coffee aficionado, but Hillkoff has gotten the reputation in Chiang Mai as a gourmet brand of coffee at very reasonable cost, and now due to their presence on Lazada, they are gaining a nationwide reputation.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

A mini washing machine doesn't necessarily equate to poor quality; we're speaking primarily of COMPACT size suitable for a small condo studio, not necessarily cheaply made. and A 7 day warranty, that tells you all you need to know. Pay for a decent one next time

On 4/12/2021 at 2:52 PM, Kristine_M said:

A mini washing machine doesn't necessarily equate to poor quality; we're speaking primarily of COMPACT size suitable for a small condo studio, not necessarily cheaply made. and A 7 day warranty, that tells you all you need to know. Pay for a decent one next time

I considered buying one of those on Lazada.  Even though I only was looking for one that would do a small (one-person) load. after researching all of them as best I could, not a single one would have been a worthwhile purchase.  IMO they were all just plain junk with false claims of capacity and/or cleaning power and/or pictures that inferred they were suitable for family (multi-person) use.

Edited by WaveHunter

On 4/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, Kwasaki said:

I can't get into Lazada for much can't get it in full English so didn't bother and always go with Ali-Express not had a problem so far. 

Got it all sorted I'm useless with computers and phones, 9 things on order now. ????

Taking a while maybe due to the new covid outbreak.

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Got it all sorted I'm useless with computers and phones, 9 things on order now. ????

Taking a while maybe due to the new covid outbreak.

FYI, Lazada has a menu link at the top right of the homepage to translate the site to English.  Also, if you use Google Chrome browser it will automatically translate most foreign language websites.

945561691_snapshot_2021-04-25at11_09_25AM.jpg.7d09e6b639605f84039ff75e097cad31.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, WaveHunter said:

FYI, Lazada has a menu link at the top right of the homepage to translate the site to English.  Also, if you use Google Chrome browser it will automatically translate most foreign language websites.

945561691_snapshot_2021-04-25at11_09_25AM.jpg.7d09e6b639605f84039ff75e097cad31.jpg

Yeah thanks my 8 years old niece showed me how to navigate Lazada. ????

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Which is c r a p   and only translates half the text.  This is their English translation:

iHAVECPU เครื่องพร้อมจอ เล่นเกม ทำงาน PUBG GTA V BF V INTEL i5-10400 4.3 Ghz / H410 / 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz / M.2 NVME 512GB / 600W หรือ 700W / ไม่มีการ์ดจอ / พร้อมจอ 24นิ้ว SKU-74978

Same paragraph using Chrome translate:

iHAVECPU Machine with gaming monitor running PUBG GTA V BF V INTEL i5-10400 4.3 Ghz / H410 / 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz / M.2 NVME 512GB / 600W or 700W / without graphics card / with 24 inch screen SKU-74978

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ihavecpu-pubg-gta-v-bf-v-intel-i5-10400-43-ghz-h410-8gb-ddr4-2666mhz-m2-nvme-512gb-600w-700w-24-sku-74978-i1749106153-s5049108896.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.38a85896vya0cP&search=1&freeshipping=1

Edited by lopburi3

41 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually, I forgot but I do not use Lazada's translate function.  I leave it set to Thai and use Google Chrome to auto translate.  Works just fine!

If you use Google Chrome, just be sure you don't add Thai under: Preferences > Advanced> Languages, or Chrome's auto-translator will fail to work properly.

Here's what I get when I click your link:

1846126570_snapshot_2021-04-25at12_19_13PM.jpg.205ac88b6ff7dc531602fdaf32d6a7fd.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

24 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

If you use Google Chrome, just be sure you don't add Thai under: Preferences > Advanced> Languages, or Chrome's auto-translator will fail to work properly.

Actually I do have Thai listed and Chrome translate works fine manually (do not want to work automatically as need Thai display at times).   Could not find any way to remove Thai as only have option to add languages.  

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah thanks my 8 years old niece showed me how to navigate Lazada. ????

See my last post just now.  I forgot but actually I leave Lazada's auto-translate set to THAI, and let Google Chrome translate the site automatically.  See my note about being sure that Chrome preferences settings are correctly set.  Chrome is far superior at translating than Lazada's translate feature..

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually I do have Thai listed and Chrome translate works fine manually (do not want to work automatically as need Thai display at times).   Could not find any way to remove Thai as only have option to add languages.  

Edited by WaveHunter

31 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

If you do NOT see Thai already added in Chromes language preferences, then Chromes should automatically show a pop up window when you visit any foreign language website, asking if you want the page translated to English or viewed in the original language (Thai). 

If you don't see that pop-up  it is because Lazada's translate-To-English function has been turned on by itself.  Lazada is very quirky and I have that happen often.  That will cause Chrome to make translation errors, as you showed in your original post.

Bottom line, Chrome will always give you the option to view a foreign language website in its' original language or translated to English BUT only if you have English segt as the only language in Language preferences.

Furthermore, it allows you to do a one-time only translation or "always translate" any page in that language.  You can always change the option simply by refreshing the page, making the pop up window re-appear.

Edited by WaveHunter

38 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

See my last post just now.  I forgot but actually I leave Lazada's auto-translate set to THAI, and let Google Chrome translate the site automatically.  See my note about being sure that Chrome preferences settings are correctly set.  Chrome is far superior at translating than Lazada's translate feature..

I have Google chrome on my touch phone and the Lazada thingy I stick my finger on it and it goes to my account page in English. 

On 4/20/2020 at 3:54 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Earlier this year Lazada had my order for 7 days (time window for delivery by ) and marked  as processing throughout this time , then cancelled it on the 7th day. Done with that company use Shoppee.co.th or jdcentral.co.th   much more efficient with same range of products and better customer service

That's called a flounce.

My son tells me there's a lot of cheap, Chinese rubbish on lazada but he also says there's a whole lot MORE cheap, Chinese rubbish on shopee.

4 hours ago, petermik said:

Thursday evening I ordered 3 items on Lazada.....saturday lunchtime delivered....95% of my purchases through Lazada have been problem free.

Same here.  Same with AliExpress.  Both not even close to Amazon, but still excellent options when you live here in the Kingdom IMO.