China set to lead Thailand's international tourism recovery from August: C9 Hotelworks

webfact

1 minute ago, bust said:

The Chinese need to make Indian their new holiday destination and Indians holiday in China

That would generate a collective global smile ???? 

Anf farangs can once again be respected as before!

Any country that entertains Chinese tourism now is going to shoot themselves in the head never mind foot. Nobody but nobody will want to be in the same place as these things (not people not animals) can't think of a narrative to describe them other than disgusting.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is pure delusion.

The only way it will happen is when COVID disappears completely and China stops quarantining inbound international travelers for 14 days when they return to China.

Don't kid yourself this government is money orientated and will accept the Chinese with open arms for the sake of money!

• Like 1

The interesting figure to me in the survey was 83% wanting to travel independently rather than in a tour group.  I would have thought the figures would have been the other way around.  But, possibly the survey was under-represented with budget travelers.  

I think we will see Chinese and Korean tourists back in June; everything is pointing to that. Tourists will be restricted in many ways but not to the extent that their holiday will be spoiled. Only passengers who pass an antibody test will be allowed entry. I think there will be globally accepted standards allowing people free of the virus to travel and a stamp in a passport prior to departure will clear people at their destinations.

Of course, Thailand needs to demonstrate that is has the virus under control. That is an ongoing process; look at the daily stats.

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

That’s what I’ve been thinking too but when I pondered more on the subject I think in the long run they won’t. They know what’s waiting for them back home with unions, workers rights, pensions etc and all the while they have their share holders to appease. I think profitability will outweigh in the end. The only scenario I can see with this happening is if companies who relocate manufacturing back to their home countries are guaranteed certain things with a guarantee that if there is another outbreak of a contagion that their government will immediately shut its door to the source being paramount! Regardless of what that wet brown paper bag the WHO says!

Plenty of other countries to pick up the slack caused by leaving China. Not all industry needs to go back to the home country. 

Some industry, however, like those that are strategically important, however should go back even if it means higher prices for everyone. 

India, Vietnam, the whole continent of Africa, certain countries in South America, others. The interim decade could be difficult as the shift happens, but we need to start down the path of decoupling with China. 

They are smart and hard working. But generally lack morality or ethics. And are culturally xenophobic and chauvinistic. 

Finally the world is seeing them for the massive threat they are and needs to stop underestimating them.

They are not our friends. 

Edited by Fex Bluse

China's complicity in the spread of the Wuhan Corona virus has caused a horrific global death toll that currently is about the same as the death toll from the atom bomb that dropped on Hiroshima.  And that death toll will exceed that toll.  The economic impact is far far worse.  It has ruined me and others financially.  

But instead of condemning the people that have caused us immeasurable pain and suffering, we welcome them back with open arms?  It just seems really poor taste and a massive slap in the face for the grieving families around the world who have buried their loved ones.  Shoot me in the face, kill my family and I will shake your hand.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think they (China) will want to first reoccupy (destroy) Cambodia then then Thailand, but again that's ''one mans view'' of the Thai tourist industry, pure fantasy, speculation to get his name in print.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tropo said:

What Europeans think of Thailand is beside the point. Europe is in the throws of a total economic collapse and the viral outbreak is yet to peak as the UK is fast catching up with Spain, France and Italy. Travelling Europeans to anywhere will be a rarity for years to come.

Thailand can thank the lucky stars they have China to fall back on.

Thailand does a lot of falling back!!

14 minutes ago, warvet1970 said:

South America is tremendously more attractively affordable than Thailand.  I posted in another thread some days back alluding to this.  I’m an American and I’ve spent years there.  And years here.  For various reasons, not specific to the current mess, but surely including it, at the top of the list, I’m returning there after here.  I consider that my hemisphere because from northern part of the continent I’m only 1.5 to 2 hours from US.  I could give you all kinds of tips on travel there if you want.  You’d be very happy on what you found there.

I know Americans and Canadians who have retired to Ecuador. Some have built houses near beaches for around a quarter million $US, but you can also rent downtown apartments in Cuenca or Quito similar in price to Chiang Mai. The national currency is the US dollar, so that simplifies things a bit especially if you're from North America.

5 minutes ago, aussienam said:

China's complicity in the spread of the Wuhan Corona virus has caused a horrific global death toll that currently is about the same as the death toll from the atom bomb that dropped on Hiroshima.  And that death toll will exceed that toll.  The economic impact is far far worse.  It has ruined me and others financially.  

But instead of condemning the people that have caused us immeasurable pain and suffering, we welcome them back with open arms?  It just seems really poor taste and a massive slap in the face for the grieving families around the world who have buried their loved ones.  Shoot me in the face, kill my family and I will shake your hand.  

Exactly, what you say is 100% spot on!  

• Like 1

Thailand was still allowing flights in from China when other countries banned them weeks before, at the infancy of Covid-19.. Now Thailand is rushing to be one of the first countries to allow the Chinese back in.. Gaining the tourist dollar again is more important than keeping Thailand at bay, with the strong potential of a new wave to follow. No vaccine, no problem, TIT.. 

The generals will never learn.. No other countries are rushing to open their borders any time soon.. 

• Like 1

The tourism ministers job is to get tourist back to Thailand, China just happens to be the worlds biggest supplier of tourist, you go where the money is. The ministers job is not to keep a bunch of Thai bashing posters happy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moe666 said:

The tourism ministers job is to get tourist back to Thailand, China just happens to be the worlds biggest supplier of tourist, you go where the money is. The ministers job is not to keep a bunch of Thai bashing posters happy. 

No, but he should consider the fact that it wasn't the Chinese that flocked here for years and built the place up for tourism......  It was back packers, not a China man in sight when i first came here, well not one on holiday.......

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Chinese travellers positive outbound travel sentiment set to drive return of Thailand’s position as a global tourism destination

After 2 months of silence the drivel starts again...

15 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what you say is scary but acctually true.

this is way much worse the 9/11

i think the airlines, hotels, and the whole travel industry is in such

a big and deep trouble, that they are too affraid to look at the reality.

just now i was reading about new technology that emirates will use to give

passengers instant coronavirus checks in the airport, before flight, with 10 minutes results.

this is just a desperate attempt to survive. 

scary, but true - tourism in thailand and the rest of the world is dead for the next 2-3 years.

The Dubai government was dumb to subsidize Emirate's massive fleet of that white elephant, the A380 (another European prestige project like the Concorde, only this one only lasted ten years in significant service. I think there are only 8 of them flying anywhere now, though post-virus, of course, that number will increase, but certainly not by much). Now who would like to fly with 550 other passengers? Any takers? And don't tell me, oh, it's only 450 passengers; it depends on how the airline configures seating. Originally Dubai's idea was to be able to ferry 800 subcontinental laborers back and forth per flight.) The plane was always a dinosaur even without pandemics, obviously; that's why further production beyond a few future orders was canceled more than a year ago. Airports around the world had to spend a lot of time and effort just to accommodate that dinosaur. Boeing had it right 15 years ago when their research showed that  passengers want to be able to make direct flights between or to secondary cities around the world--say, Orlando to Budapest.

Edited by Dustdevil

Thailand's done anyway, too expensive, boring, all the characters gone, most of the decent places done to death, plus a bunch of numties in charge that couldn't run a bath......    Nah, i had the best times and they're gone, thanks it was great....... the Chinese can have it......... and sadly they will........ Thais will be eating Glap when the Chinese get their hands on the food......  Sit back and watch the show and listen to the howls when they start crying to the West for help when the Chinese are raping the country........  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

not exactly banned.  according to the law, they have an open internet.  (at least that's my understanding.)  but access to various news sites, social media sites, facebook, twitter, etc is blocked.  i don't know that there is a law anywhere that bans those sites, it just......happens.

going to a banned site doesn't result in a swat raid, you don't even get a notice that the site is blocked.  you get "sorry, must be a problem somewhere, can't find the site, check your connection or try again later" with a cute cartoon of a telecoms engineer trying to plug two too-short cables together.

it's all a game with the net minders.  they know they can't shut down the vpn's completely, so they simply try to make it as frustrating as possible, knowing most will take the easy road and click on the approved links.

enough people have vpn's that they do know what's going on in the world.  and of course there are plenty that can read english.  you can be sure that anything found in the western media will make its way past the great firewall.

comments in western media won't affect chinese tourists, just as westerners in general don't worry about what politicians or media in other countries say about them.  "hey, i'm just a tourist, don't blame me, blame the folks in peking or washington or brussels."

I have been exchanging mails with a highly educated lady for a month now and I am having an impression that the communist indoctrination seems very effective. The problem is the outside world not them. She thinks I'm stupid for being unable to connect 'wechat' and etc. besides Chinese cultural superiority to the west. The firewall works effectively in lieu of religion.  

17 hours ago, tropo said:

What Europeans think of Thailand is beside the point. Europe is in the throws of a total economic collapse and the viral outbreak is yet to peak as the UK is fast catching up with Spain, France and Italy. Travelling Europeans to anywhere will be a rarity for years to come.

Thailand can thank the lucky stars they have China to fall back on.

You are probably right in your last sentence because Thailand have never and will never be able to stand on its own feets. But then again, who was it that makes Thailand to fall back this time? Yes, the Chines.