China set to lead Thailand's international tourism recovery from August: C9 Hotelworks

webfact

52 minutes ago, chuang said:

Another round of Covid 19 coming..

Did you also predict this with SARS and MERS viruses?  Wow, the infectious disease experts on here are so numerous.  Haha

12 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Twitter is banned in China so doesn't matter in any case. And as the peasants can't read English, the other evil gweilo sites don't matter either. 

First order of sanctions against China should call for demolishing the Great Firewall. Would be interesting to see how eager Chinese would be to travel after they found out what the rest of the world now thinks about them.

They think the US Army brought it to Wuhan.

Oh really, can’t get a haircut, massage, buy a bottle of wine for dinner, go to my favorite deli for lunch, buy a TV at Home Pro and on and on. BUT, open the doors for the Chicoms from the epicenter of a disease that ravages the world, that’s just fine. Insanity!

• Like 1

Overseas? What sea are they traveling over? Overseas means traveling over the sea or beyond the sea. Merrian-Websters Dictionary. If they are really traveling overseas, they won't be coming here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

not exactly banned.  according to the law, they have an open internet.  (at least that's my understanding.)  but access to various news sites, social media sites, facebook, twitter, etc is blocked.  i don't know that there is a law anywhere that bans those sites, it just......happens.

going to a banned site doesn't result in a swat raid, you don't even get a notice that the site is blocked.  you get "sorry, must be a problem somewhere, can't find the site, check your connection or try again later" with a cute cartoon of a telecoms engineer trying to plug two too-short cables together.

it's all a game with the net minders.  they know they can't shut down the vpn's completely, so they simply try to make it as frustrating as possible, knowing most will take the easy road and click on the approved links.

enough people have vpn's that they do know what's going on in the world.  and of course there are plenty that can read english.  you can be sure that anything found in the western media will make its way past the great firewall.

comments in western media won't affect chinese tourists, just as westerners in general don't worry about what politicians or media in other countries say about them.  "hey, i'm just a tourist, don't blame me, blame the folks in peking or washington or brussels."

They're pretty good at shutting down VPN access. Express VPN is continuously updating its connection protocols specific to China.

Well that was a shock to the system Not

reading the Chinese will be coming to Thailand first proberly correct

As there won't be many Westerners  or tourists from other countries 

Contemplating travel arrangements for this year

Will have higher  priorities like getting a job ect

15 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Maybe you should check Skyscanner, prices are the same as before.

This maybe true, book now and lose your money when the pandemic rolls on into next year. 

• Haha 1

Don’t know if unchanged... before the easiest places for Chinese 

to get visa were Singapore, Thailand and whatever document is needed for Hong Kong...  visa ease will determine where they’ll visit

for tourism.

its all pie in the sky

spain is on the same GDP as Thailand in terms of tourism and they are talking 2021

Thailand is barking but if they want to open the floodgates to China 

Thats it 

Its over forget it pack your bags leave your living in China

This is all rhetoric right now by the ever positive TAT and Co

The worlds in meltdown 

Oil is in a negative state

Virgin Australia just collapsed 

& some body has got to print some deluded BS to make you all fuzzy and warm inside
who need it I hear Covid has the same fuzzy n warm feeling 
thats just before the pearly gates open up

The grim Reaper is always near goodbye TaT

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, daveAustin said:

If Thailand needed any more bad news. Why don't the en-masse Chinese P off somewhere else? ... like the moon!

because Trumps 'space force' wouldn't allow them to land on the moon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

"sorry, must be a problem somewhere, can't find the site, check your connection or try again later" with a cute cartoon of a telecoms engineer trying to plug two too-short cables together.

Thanks.   I hope they don't mind me  copy and pasting that message to  posters who i 

disagree with.             ????

Just more self-promoting nonsense from Bill Barnett. Sure the Chinamen would love to come on vacation, but they ain't got no money or time to go. And of course, the dumb <deleted> at TAT will welcome them with open arms and massive mango and sticky rice displays.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paulikens said:

more people die from flu every year and most people dont get the vaccine for that. so what does having a vaccine for it make any difference to travel. screening machines at airports makes more sense

Here we go again. How smart is it to compare what a novel virus has done in less than four month with what a known virus do in a year? How smart is it to neglect the worlds reaction? How smart is it to neglect that the world economy allready before Cov-19 was going down and now are close to a depression? What fortune teller do you use? About the screening, it was used also when Sars started and most researchers have concluded that it has zero to very little effect. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rvaviator said:

I wonder what the sample size was in that report and from what part of China it was taken. 

I not know if it is true, but what I have heard the thai gouvernment collected all there amulettes and then went to buy 1000 chinese lucky cakes and in one of those they find it.

I would advise everyone helping your country's economy by spending your holiday in your own country. 

Just a famous slogan from the past. Don't ask what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. Your country needs you.

Edited by Tops
  • Like 1

Why is reviving tourism even being discussed? We are at the START of a world-wide pandemic. Thailand would be insane to let anyone into this country without certified medical tests - and let's keep the 100K insurance in place for the meantime. Most of the world has not been exposed to the virus. We have a long way to go to even be disussing international tourism. Reducing local spread and getting locals back to work should be the focus. Those in the tourism industry will need to be supposrted by local tourism where possible. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tropo said:

What Europeans think of Thailand is beside the point. Europe is in the throws of a total economic collapse and the viral outbreak is yet to peak as the UK is fast catching up with Spain, France and Italy. Travelling Europeans to anywhere will be a rarity for years to come.

Thailand can thank the lucky stars they have China to fall back on.

Thailand lucky it is so close to China or we would have got a bigger dose of the virus Thailand would do well to remember that China gov. are not friends of flip and flop

10 minutes ago, Parsve said:

How smart is it to compare what a novel virus has done in less than four month with what a known virus do in a year? How smart is it to neglect the worlds reaction? How smart is it to neglect that the world economy allready before Cov-19 was going down and now are close to a depression? What fortune teller do you use?

Never said I was smart.  Facts as I see it, even with a vaccine, this will not be eliminated. If we employ testing, contact tracing, and continued protection of the elderly and at-risk population, most people can get back to work.

I realize this is not easy, and will take some time.

Blame, worry, and sensationalism is unproductive.

We need to move forward, slowly and surely

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Any Country on the Planet would be insane to allow freedom of travel to their Countries without a Vaccine against Covid19 being readily available.

To do so would potentially open the floodgates to a Second, wave of the Virus Globally.

Hello, this is not just any country, TIT. The powers to be here live on another planet.

Let China pay up for all the damages first. When everything is paid, than they maybe are welcome again.

If a guest teared up a room in my hotel and paid for the damages, the guest would never ever be welcome anymore in my hotel - banned for live!!! I even had all the bookings from guests coming from the same uncivilised country canceled for years. When I did let them in again, after a court order, same same as before, no difference so banned them all till I sold my hotel. 

Edited by Tops
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Why is reviving tourism even being discussed? We are at the START of a world-wide pandemic. Thailand would be insane to let anyone into this country without certified medical tests

Again - sensationalism and fear mongering.  

Yes, testing and contact tracing is necessary.  

How long do we wait?  It has been a month and infection rates are very low.  Infection rates in many first world countries are slowing. 

Every country where flights originate can test passengers before they board a plane to Thailand.   

Thailand is already letting over 9000 citizens back next month.  

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386428?fbclid=IwAR0L5348fwMiPM7Ctgujnj-uq3chWb3MCC6RhGUp0UbhZDVPE0yyPzeypmU