China set to lead Thailand's international tourism recovery from August: C9 Hotelworks

webfact

3 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

They're pretty good at shutting down VPN access. Express VPN is continuously updating its connection protocols specific to China.

as i said, it's a game of whack-a-vpn.  the minders randomly shut down access nodes (not sure if correct terminology) daily, causing the vpn's to rotate to the next node.  usually takes 30 seconds to a couple minutes to reconnect.  just something you learn to live with if you want to access the outside world.

it's frustrating trying to stream movies, as the reconnect requires to start again and search for the spot you left off.  that's the idea.  make it so annoying that the people will just get worn down and stick to sites that don't require a vpn.

and of course the vpn's are constantly updating their software to counter the net nannies' updating of their programs.

there are times (hong kong, major party meetings, 1 week of peak wuhan) where vpn's were shut completely, and the various vpn engineers will be working to get through the great firewall once again.  cycle of life thing.

don't know if this cannot connect notice is actually from firefox or is a commie counterfeit.

411091683_greatfirewall.jpg.3d8b04de6e49f62c8ba9becdd6e80c5e.jpg

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be interesting to know if the requirements for a Chinese tourist to enter the country will be the same as those of a farang to enter. Somehow I think non thai, non chinese are about to become 3rd tier

3rd ??? MAYBE 4th after thai , chinese and indians .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retarded said:

I have been exchanging mails with a highly educated lady for a month now and I am having an impression that the communist indoctrination seems very effective. The problem is the outside world not them. She thinks I'm stupid for being unable to connect 'wechat' and etc. besides Chinese cultural superiority to the west. The firewall works effectively in lieu of religion.  

in that case, it looks like THEIR indoctrination is just as effective as what WE are subjected to.

i wonder what she tells her friends about her indoctrinated western friend?

• Haha 1

The math doesn't work. 65% are business/company travelers according to this survey. The current economic decline in China shows it's falling into the Rabbit Hole Alice, basically going to suck wind... Add the current negative global rhetoric and potential economic backlash headed China's way and it just just doesn't seem realistic to project those kinds of numbers. But hey, I guess their Central Bank like all the others out there can print their way out of anything... So who knows.

Wait, the WHO doesn't know... 

• Like 2

i think its fantastic

great idea after all China has licked the virus
Thailands numbers are low

just keep out the Europeans Yanks and Brits after all they have so much infection

Thailand can return to normal 

The tourist industry can recover

People get work and money for food

I mean everyone is probably going to die in EU anyway so better focus on the living

what is all this nonsense about nuking china

For those of you who cannot recall Chernobyl

The radioactive rain spread over most of EU and Uk

There were fields in Scotland that were banned from having any sheep or lambs on them for 5 years plus 
i think there was some ban on eating Ayrshire Lamb too

So great idea nuke China yeah Thailand is so far away it will not affect you

Ah the great minds of TVF solving the world with their dwindling pensions 
half empty beer glasses 
older and fatter bar girls
cheap cheap

thats why you have no luck with those sexy Chinese girls who are actually pretty wild

Edited by andy72
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

New York, London, even India are warning that covid-19 is pushing the world into a global depression worse than the Great Depression of the 1930's.  

Global depression = nobody has money. 

No money = people stop buying <deleted>.

Nobody buying <deleted> = China gets no factory orders.

No factory orders = no money for China

Somehow, I don't think the Chinese are going to be vacationing just yet.

There is a tremendous amount of wealth out there. That has barely changed. The wealthy will be traveling big time when all of this is over. However, Thailand has shot itself in the foot so many times when it comes to attracting Westerners, and even more so wealthy ones. Thailand will NOT be on their list. They will be stuck with lower income Indians and Chinese for years to come. You make your bed and then you have to sleep in it!

And fewer of them will come, as the people with the least amount of money, are the ones who will be hardest hit by this inane worldwide economic shutdown. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall about the policies here, or the culture, some guy who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any time, study, or focus on the issue at hand, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or "maybe you should leave", or "it's not fair", or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Or in this case, don't let the door hit you on your way out. Good one! Funny. Ever try stand up? I suggest one of the less crowded improv type spots, to avoid the embarrassment. 

If you think about it, it's quite clear: to survive without going insane in Thailand you must stick your head in the sand and keep it there. Now there's a problem: your <deleted> is pointing to the sky and inevitably some evil TVF member will come and shove something in just for the hell of it. Would you not be hoping they go away? Nasty reminders of real surroundings.

Edited by DrTuner
Bloody autocorrect .. hand->head
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

If you think about it, it's quite clear: to survive without going insane in Thailand you must stick your hand in the sand and keep it there. Now there's a problem: your <deleted> is pointing to the sky and inevitably some evil TVF member will come and shove something in just for the hell of it. Would you not be hoping they go away? Nasty reminders of real surroundings.

Water off a duck's back! Real men have thick skin, and do not take minor slights personally. The kind of reply I got from Jonathan Swift was like a tiny bit of background noise. Barely a blip on the radar! There are alot of smart guys on this forum, and I see alot of articulate replies. Sometimes!

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Polaky said:

Every time I see a chinese on the street I keep my distance, it's never going to be the way it was before.

So many Thai of Chinese descent, and many look Chinese but definitely Thai born going back many generations

23 hours ago, tropo said:

What Europeans think of Thailand is beside the point. Europe is in the throws of a total economic collapse and the viral outbreak is yet to peak as the UK is fast catching up with Spain, France and Italy. Travelling Europeans to anywhere will be a rarity for years to come.

Thailand can thank the lucky stars they have China to fall back on.

Possibly.

But you forgot all those Indian millionaires and their high spending families just itching to get to Thailand.

• Haha 1

By tighten up the visa restrictions and so, Thailand turned back so many better quality tourists from many countries. Then welcome those cheap china tours keep coming in. They messed up every all-you-can-eat buffet restaurants and only know to shop pharmacies. But never spend a buck in a bar.

Unfortunately, I'm a hk guy, officially part of china. So I'm one of them. I never speak a word or only speak Thai. Everytime I buy food from street vendors I'm nervous about what they think if they know I'm a chinese.

In Pattaya I walked around Soi Buakaw, even Fri/ Sat night, only a few customers in each bar. Westerners number drops leads to less girls work there, my wife told me many of them go back to village and close the shops. Again, you don't see many chinese tourist around that area.

• Like 2

Good of China to come to the rescue   

Chinese eating habits have brought international travel to a standstill and country after country have devastating death tolls, but they're now planning their next holiday whilst the world suffers. 

• Like 1

Someday the government of Thailand will do a proper cost benefit analysis on tourism in general and Chinese tourism in particular. 

The Chinese tourists often pays for their package in China.. They fly on Chinese airlines to Thailand, stay in hotels owned by Thai/Chinese or by heavy Chinese interests. They ride on busses owned by Chinese (or Thai front companies whose beneficial ownership is in China)  to restaurants owned by Chinese and shop in Chinese owned gift shops. The Thai environment and and infrastructure is degraded by bus traffic and the additional bio-load of all of the extra people spending little money in Thailand but consuming water and depositing effluent into the sewage systems out weighs the income produced. 

Now, let's look at the expats living in Thailand, many of whom are leaving. I am not a rich expat but I bring 90,000 baht per month into Thailand and spend it all. Hey, I made the money so I enjoy life. There are people on pensions riding bar stools all day long in Pattaya who can barely afford to live a low level life here and there are fortunate folks who own big homes and condos and spend a lot more than I do. So, let''s say that I am kind of middle of the road. My bio-load on Thailand is minimal and my load on the infrastructure is minimal given the amount of money I spend here. 

The question remains, why would the Thai government make it hard for me to stay here and instead, court plane loads of Chinese who will bring other misfortune to Thailand with limited financial benefit per captia? The Asian Flu, the Hong Kong flu, SARS, the Swine flu and now the Wuhan Coronavirus (let''s call if for what it is) all came from China   

How much more to you want Thailand and for what REAL benefit?  

Why not go for quality with reduced numbers and save your country rather than let the invading swarms form the empire of the North ruin beautiful Thailand.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, offset said:

looks like they do test for Covid after death 

When was the last time MoPH announced a COVID death?

EDIT: worldometers says 17th of April. He's not included, unless it's the one recorded today. Very unlikely as he would have had to been Confirmed with two PCR tests.

Edited by DrTuner

21 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

When was the last time MoPH announced a COVID death?

EDIT: worldometers says 17th of April. He's not included, unless it's the one recorded today. Very unlikely as he would have had to been Confirmed with two PCR tests.

It said he died yesterday maybe only do 1 test because he dead and police wanted him buried today

So it might be interesting to see if he included tomorrow

The one today was a taxi driver

• Thanks 1

Woa, So many Chinese and even Thai haters in this thread. 

Will consider some posts are unusually vile because of those living with less alcohol and watching too many Contagion and Pandemic movies.

Tourism will recover, life here will recover, but many sacrifices and changes will occur.

Glad to read Spidermike comments, as usual

Peace - carry on - and be well 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tops said:

I would advise everyone helping your country's economy by spending your holiday in your own country. 

Just a famous slogan from the past. Don't ask what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. Your country needs you.

your country (any country) doesn't give feg about you so why bother.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 3:24 AM, Tarteso said:

They are already here!

705C5BDA-C2D3-4D7B-AD28-EFEAA7AA2CA4.jpeg

Even china isn't going to let people come here and congregate with all kinds of foreigners to go back and shut China down in the middle of a pandemic.  I agree with August, maybe 2021.

I mean good god you don't even have to be stupid to realize this.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:24 AM, Tarteso said:

• Like 1