Very Very annoying popup ads!

SunsetT

Why should they stop it? 

It is a money maker.

None of us, except complain about it, will concretely do something. 

It will not stop me to consult and post, and that's what 99,99% of us will continue to do;

and they know it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Why should they stop it? 

It is a money maker.

None of us, except complain about it, will concretely do something. 

It will not stop me to consult and post, and that's what 99,99% of us will continue to do;

and they know it. 

As I read your post, another 2 pop-ups appeared. In the last 2 minutes the new AI is appearing

every 20 seconds. I have read the forum rules, but they have locked the threads, and some time ago. If they need money to fund operations, let them ask the membership. I also read their policy on ad-blockers. Currently this site is unreadable, unwatchable etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Thanks for all your support. I have re-enabled my previous Firefox Ghostery adblocker and its now working fine. So it seems, thankfully, that Thaivisa.com r no longer using their adblocker blocker.

if they use an adblocker blocker, does that mean I have to search for an adblocker blocker blocker or an adblocker blocker deblocker or even.... an adblocker blocker deblocker reblocker ????

Edited by jastheace
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, swerve said:

Install an ad blocker.  Ads gone after you do that.  I think the one I used is this: https://adblockplus.org/

I have installed that and others to no affect.  And in some cases when on a computer that is not my own, I can not install anything.  

the VDO.AI thing I keep seeing is all about space stuff, satellites, rockets, etc.  what do you guys see?

39 minutes ago, jastheace said:

if they use an adblocker blocker, does that mean I have to search for an adblocker blocker blocker or an adblocker blocker deblocker or even.... an adblocker blocker deblocker reblocker ????

Yeah, you need the anti anti anti missile Tao type of thing.  It really is sad how they force the ad.  closing it just opens it up again.  An intrusive ad is only going to annoy and not encourage anybody to buy anything.  What does the VDO.Ai that pops up on my screen supposed to tell me, that I should go buy a space satellite?

• Like 1

The saturation level might be a last ditch effort? My observation is that a lot of the long standing members have  gone  pretty much  silent and the  number of posts  to any one  topic has  fallen dramatically by  comparison to the historical  numbers. And that is  despite the  probability that  many have more  time than ever to  kill  negotiating an advertorial minefield !

I have not been here  for many many days for the  very same reason as this topic. To do so I had  to disable my ad blockers which I  routinely run on  every site.

"Killing the  Golden Goose" come to mind.

But  while I am here I wish all and all  good spirits and good  health.

Nobody  can deny these are very  interesting times that  for more than a few are likely to never really go back to "normal" in the short term and  maybe never at all.

Stay safe folks and realize there are always those who  would wish to extract  elusive  silver from dark  clouds in spite  of the nicety of the header to this and  every  page..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got so p!55ed off with that video obscuring text in posts (bottom right hand corner) on every new page I installed Adblocker Plus for the very first time. It works a treat! In fact, it works well on the 'free' movie sites as well.

Thank you 'The Nation' for forcing this to my attention.  Well done! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I complained via support request yesterday too. 

The annoying video ad doesn’t even change And it’s not even advertising anything. It just plays a space movie for me.

as others have said it also bounces all over the page on every page click. 

I will stop reading the forums as much if it doesn’t change. Not worth all the hassle closing pop ups all over the place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1