Water bills to be automatically reduced by 3%

webfact

Water bills to be automatically reduced by 3%

By THE NATION

800_1d39d996328b46d.jpg?v=1587434579

The Metropolitan Waterworks Authority (MWA) announced on Monday that it would automatically reduce water bills by 3 per cent for all types of users in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Samut Prakarn provinces for three months in a bid to lower the cost of living in this Covid-19 situation.

“The campaign will start in May and continue through to July, during which users will see the ‘Covid-19 discount’ notification on their water bills,” the announcement said. “There is no need to register to get the discount, it will be automatically granted to all users.”

The MWA has also organised a campaign to return water meter deposits to users who register on its website from May 1. The campaign is available for water users in other provinces as well, with Provincial Waterworks Authorities having opened registration to give water meter deposits back since April 15.

For further information, contact the MWA call centre at 1152, or its official Line account @MWAthailand.

jffdha5ic5ee5dadh8aeh.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386449

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-21

27 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

It is against the law to to "control" water and electrical bills, all bills should be paid directly to MWA or PWA

Water should be about Bht 10 per unit according to PWA. My village charges me Bht 25! But 6 units a month, less 3% can be taken out of the beer money I've saved!

8 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Water should be about Bht 10 per unit according to PWA. My village charges me Bht 25! But 6 units a month, less 3% can be taken out of the beer money I've saved!

I see our PWA bill in Udon is charged at 10.2B per unit (Cu.M).

I'm sure there are different rates depending on the type of installation and amount of water used.

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

wish they would do that for my electric bill 

they did it for me yesterday, it's written " souan lot " in thai, but not "covid 19 " ( 3 % ) 

( Prachinburi province ) 

16 minutes ago, timendres said:

I thought I read that MEA is providing free electricity next month.

Only for those using 5 amp meters (not many in Bangkok use that size anymore).  But there will be a 50% discount for those using larger meters for usage above 800 units per month.

• Thanks 1

How about extending the reduction to the entire country ?

And in the run, make sure that unscrupoulous developpers who handle the water supply to their gated housing developpments, respect the discount and do not continue to fill their own pockets. 

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

That just means 'discount'. How can you be sure it was for Covid-19?

I have never said it was for covid , I just answered to timendress, but I am not surprised, I read on TV that there will be a 3% discount during 3 months for electricity ( don't rembember why , may be for covid but it's not writen on the bill ) 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, what about the rest of the country? You know, out there where the really poor lives!

Hmm i must tell the inbred retarded husband and wife that run our private water in the village, they will be overjoyed to hand back some cash

27 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I've got an Electricity bill with a reading date of 16/04/20 here in my hand and it shows a 3% discount

I have a bill with the same reading date ...820units ...107.31 is the 3% government discount. Still 3469.61thb ...never had one anywhere near that before

13 hours ago, pmarlin said:

Those who live in condos or apartments will never see it because the building management controls the water bills.

Last time I rented a condo the water bill for a month was very small.  3 % would have made little difference.  Now that was just me and an occasional guest so I am sure a couple or a family of course would be larger