Pattaya: Starving crowds told to go home as City Hall cancels handout

webfact

On 4/22/2020 at 8:26 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

wheres all the thai wealthy billionaires dishing out food ? 20  of them

Exactly. Where are all the rich.  Where are all the leaders?  How many come down from their ivory towers and guarded enclaves to help their citizens in need? 
There are some Thai business people who are helping - Bless them. 
But the vast majority of the rich keep themselves fenced off from the 'little people' and could care less about their suffering.  That in itself tell you everything you need to know.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jip99 said:

House to house (or village to village) deliveries by tessaban staff - or the army - seems the smart way to go.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:13 AM, Pilotman said:

it will never happen.   Let's be clear, the authorities don't give a toss about the ordinary people, only about maintaining their own postions and money. They are a disgrace.  

Never happen? It already has in my village, rice, bottled water, cooking oils, noodles, canned fish and a bottle of alcoholis gel, all delivered by the tessaban.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 12:00 AM, keith101 said:

If these idiots used social distancing instead of all gathering in a huge crowd they would have received their goodies but they just want to be in front of the others in case they miss out . The police could have been used to control them .

In other words, they don't know how to form a line without guidance.

28 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Never happen? It already has in my village, rice, bottled water, cooking oils, noodles, canned fish and a bottle of alcoholis gel, all delivered by the tessaban.

Actually the local tessabans, especially out here in the sticks, can be more in tune with their citizens. The folks working in the tessabans come from the local community and there are familial ties.  On the flip side, out here in rural Thailand it is still pretty much business as usual.  If I didn't know there was government restrictions in place - well, I wouldn't know by looking around my village or tambon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

out here in rural Thailand it is still pretty much business as usual.  If I didn't know there was government restrictions in place - well, I wouldn't know by looking around my village or tambon. 

Do you think that is a good thing?  

On 4/21/2020 at 6:12 AM, Matzzon said:

I am really sad that you have the utter disrespect to call this crowd of hungry and poor people in need for idiots. Actually that makes you look like one. Maybe you should try living under the circumstances they are doing right now. Lost their job, no income, family to feed and nothing to put on the table. Then I think that you also would be one of those that falls into a little bit of panic and trying to come as close to the handouts as quick as possible. Probably the only way for you to understand.

Actually the only thing I ask for, is that you use some common sense and understanding before you call them idiots. Would that be so hard?

Good news story.

The staff and friends from View Talay 6 -2nd road,next to Central , have been preparing and distributing food and water for the last week. The guards assist with social distancing.

image.png.a39b2d5e3a785522055f4f1780dfe96b.png.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, maimeepom said:

Good news story.

The staff and friends from View Talay 6 -2nd road,next to Central , have been preparing and distributing food and water for the last week. The guards assist with social distancing.

It's a nice gesture, but assistance like this needs to be provided at a national level, most likely utilizing the Thai army for a domestic disaster relief mission.    

On 4/25/2020 at 11:25 PM, Leaver said:

Do you think that is a good thing?  

I do.  It brings about group-immunity.  The human body honed by millennia of evolution to be able to fight off pathogens and develop immunity.  Just because a cabal of scientist with connections to Big Pharma have been able to convince governments to lock their citizens up in their homes - doesn't negate that the human body will do what it's evolutionaryly programmed to do.  Develop immunity. 
So yeah - business as usual is a good thing. 

On 4/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, connda said:

Furthering the divide between those who have and those who do not. 

Extending the lead in wealth inequality, Thailand was already #1 in the world in 2018. Hubba hubba.

https://www.aseantoday.com/2019/01/thailands-wealth-inequality-is-the-highest-in-the-world-what-does-this-mean-for-upcoming-elections/

Edited by DrTuner

3 hours ago, connda said:

I do.  It brings about group-immunity.  The human body honed by millennia of evolution to be able to fight off pathogens and develop immunity.  Just because a cabal of scientist with connections to Big Pharma have been able to convince governments to lock their citizens up in their homes - doesn't negate that the human body will do what it's evolutionaryly programmed to do.  Develop immunity. 
So yeah - business as usual is a good thing. 

Below is the number one killer around the world, and it's been around for decades. 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/tuberculosis

If your herd immunity theory is correct, why is this disease still killing people, decades later?

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Below is the number one killer around the world, and it's been around for decades. 

Not according to the WHO.....

Ischaemic heart disease, followed by stroke seems to come up.