Tesla Model 3 joins Thailand National Police as new electric fleet car

webfact

I priced out a Model X a few months ago... Price was right around 14 million Baht. About 4.5 times the cost as in the USA. Thailand is not serious about Electric. I have my reservation for the Cybertruck. Hopefully by late 2021 / early 2022 when the right hand drive will be produced, Thailand will change their policy.. 

Why all the haters? It's a great tool to promote awareness. In 5yrs, Teslas and other oil free EVs will be common place. And with a +250mi range I doubt we'll see any stranded by the road side. I can't wait for clean air and good health for all of Thailand

• Haha 2

These vehicles can accelerate to 0 - 62 in about 2.9 seconds. So they spent all that money, so they can start sustainable law enforcement. The better than average Joe has a pick up truck at best. The only people they can catch with these car that they could not catch with a conventional car are the top 0.05% of the population, and once they are caught they will bribe there way out anyway. Amazing Thailand! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, this is a total farse, and an idiotic thing to du regarding the price. Much money going in the wrong pockets here. All that is just a price tag, though.

When it comes down to the nitty gritty. Who are they going to chase with a car that has a top speed of 130 km/h when it´s new? Now all the drug transporters know that they just have to step on the gas pedal to get away. Guess that´s the cost for saving the planet. ????

I drove a new one and it went a hell of a lot faster!!!and very few cars can keep up as far as acceleration goes.

Good, they can use them to drive around the most polluted city on the planet. That'll fix it the horrendus air pollution in Chiang Mai/ Chiang Rai. Oh yes and more bike lane mega projects please that nobody uses due to the toxic 2.5 PM levels by all means. ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Good, they can use them to drive around the most polluted city on the planet. That'll fix it the horrendus air pollution in Chiang Mai/ Chiang Rai. Oh yes and more bike lane mega projects please that nobody uses due to the toxic 2.5 PM levels by all means. ????????

Bike Lanes, take up room for Working Vehicles. Go play in a Park.!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

I drove a new one and it went a hell of a lot faster!!!and very few cars can keep up as far as acceleration goes.

Just Google it! Top speed 130 km/h for Tesla Model 3.

Sorry, but I actually do not believe that you test drove one and took it over 130. 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, globerunner4 said:

Why all the haters? It's a great tool to promote awareness. In 5yrs, Teslas and other oil free EVs will be common place. And with a +250mi range I doubt we'll see any stranded by the road side. I can't wait for clean air and good health for all of Thailand

Clean air will the teslas put out the sugar cane fires?  Will the Teslas filter the pollution from the factories? Will the Teslas not use coal generation for charging?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Sorry, but I actually do not believe that you test drove one and took it over 130. 

The article says Tesla Model 3 Performance.  They can go 162 mph (261 km/h). 

https://insideevs.com/news/367116/video-tesla-model-3-performance-top-speed/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:
7 hours ago, jvs said:

Fortunately, what you believe matters little when you fail to recognise the difference between Kilometres per hour and Miles per hour.

The basic model Tesla 3 will travel up to 209kmh (130mph)

https://www.tesla.com/blog/35000-tesla-model-3-available-now

Once again Matzzon your tendency to enter in debate before thought has caught you out....  entertaining stuff though, keep it up ????

8 hours ago, transam said:

Why on earth pay that sort of over the top money, was there "commission" involved somewhere along the line....????

Never !!!!.....  No one profited from a car at 10x the normal cost, the error was clearly in the reporting... Fake news obviously !!!... The cost of the cars was 10% of that quoted (a price equivalent to the US), the remaining US$347,150 per car was the cost to install charging stations nationwide....  

Erm...  how much could a charging station be???...  ok so maybe the extra US$2.4 million is the cost of the submarine that they will bring these cars over in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ParkerN said:

It seems that even the pretence of propriety has been abandoned now. Must be pretty close to a major upheaval. I wonder what it could be... Is this a grand Hurrah?

I like this post.  Gets us thinking in a new direction.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fortunately, what you believe matters little when you fail to recognise the difference between Kilometres per hour and Miles per hour.

Once again Matzzon your tendency to enter in debate before thought has caught you out....  entertaining stuff though, keep it up ????

That´s true! Missed that one. Thanks for the correction.

The last line was not relevant in this case, though. This was a reading error and an oversight. Not anything to do with my thoughts and my opinions. Maybe you should learn the difference between that before sticking your feet in the mud.

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That´s true! Missed that one. Thanks for the correction.

The last line was not relevant in this case, though. This was a reading error and an oversight. Not anything to do with my thoughts and my opinions. Maybe you should learn the difference between that before sticking your feet in the mud.

[Not anything to do with my thoughts and my opinions]

[Sorry, but I actually do not believe that you test drove one and took it over 130]. 

Your beliefs perhaps ????

You missed the ‘chink of glasses’ ???? - the jibe was in good taste as I’m well used to your reading errors and oversights on this forum. As I wrote, entertaining stuff, keep it up !!!... and I’ll add, all in good fun. 

I’m sure as I enter my twilight years I too will be guilty of stubbornly defending the same degree of inattention.

(just roll with the hit dude !!... ) 

Edited by richard_smith237

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

[Not anything to do with my thoughts and my opinions]

[Sorry, but I actually do not believe that you test drove one and took it over 130]. 

Your beliefs perhaps ????

Yes, that is an opinion. It also stands, due to that most people do not go up in that speed testing a car. Not even if it is km.

However, I thought your main concern was my miss with the mph and km, which I already apologized for. 

• Sad 1

I rented one for a Month in the States.After a week id had enough. When touring you cant get will i make the next Fast Charger, will the Hotel ones be taken now were late out you're head.. Rental place was very good, 1600 miles from Pic Up Point they let us change to a Chevy SUV.. VERDICT . Brilliant for use on your every day routs. Dont like the Auto Pilot one bit. For the Cops here total Submarine Style Purchase with decent folks Coin again,