Getting addicted to Lazada?

Saltire

I used to always prefer aliexpress - despite the VERY long delivery times. I used to order clothes from Lazada but often found the wait times quite long. But since the lockdown, I've bought a couple of things from Lazada for my son. 1) was a computer table so he could do his online study more easily - I wanted to buy from Tesco or Big C but they'd cordoned off the isles so used Lazada. 2) was an Avengers hoodie, and both of the items came really fast (likely due to less traffic on the roads. 

46 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Don't think Lazada is expensive actually, certainly not if you 'shop' around. We've found some good bargains.

You have to be careful and know the price you are buying.  I have seen Ikea goods sold on there - which are significantly more expensive than ordering directly from Ikea.  There are good sellers and then there are some that use it as a means to fish for suckers (prices multiple times more expensive than MSRP). 

• Like 2

I've found another form of entertainment. I get on ThaiFriendly and ThaiCupid, and go trawling for the ones that are giving indications they are pay for play. Some post really good photos. Cheaper than Lazada, and right now you couldn't buy anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've found another form of entertainment. I get on ThaiFriendly and ThaiCupid, and go trawling for the ones that are giving indications they are pay for play. Some post really good photos. Cheaper than Lazada, and right now you couldn't buy anyway.

Lots of bargains to be had for sure, Im looking for buy one get one

• Haha 1

Yes i am addicted to Lazada, especially now with nothing to do except look at the internet. 265 purchases so far !! 98% are good, much cheaper than the same item in shops (post #2 ?) but sometimes get a bad one. Just bought a new fan but it is Chinese rubbish, have to send it back. Look for the special sales 11/11, 12/12 etc where you can get another 1000 baht off.

Edited by Henryford

On 4/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, Assurancetourix said:

I never buy anything on the internet and certainly not at Lazada which is often more expensive than in local shops.
but everyone does what they want with their money

Lazada is great for service and delivery, but they won't take any action over their sellers for poor quality stuff.

ie, I bought motorbike saddlebags from them only a few months ago, the zips came apart on both bags within the last two weeks.

Also, I bought the numbers for Windows 10, and they sent me the wrong numbers, their chatline is a lot of nonsense and a complete waste of time also.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Denim said:

Bought a telecaster copy from a shop on Lazada for 2700 baht. Was not expecting anything great but when it was delivered a couple of days later I was amazed at the quality of the guitar. Way above expectations.

Lazada itself is not a shop , just a selling platform for thousands of retailers , mostly good but with a few dodgy ones. You don't by from Lazada you buy on Lazada.

P_20200323_122146.jpg

Yes, they do seem to have dodgy sellers, and won't accept any responsibility for them.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, Assurancetourix said:

I never buy anything on the internet and certainly not at Lazada which is often more expensive than in local shops.
but everyone does what they want with their money

image.jpeg.9e1982660e91b77ab4a0f6f591467b3f.jpegThe internet is shopping

Heavy use of both Lazada and Shopee.  Prefer Shopee as more lower cost sellers and can use direct bank payment (no time for COD in extended family home with deliveries every few hours).

Edited by lopburi3

Makes the language barrier disappear and hunting around trying to explain what you need or want. Convenient.

The problems start when something is faulty. Lazada make or seem to make the process deliberately difficult, and lengthy. They support and protect the seller NOT the customer in my experience. 

I mostly use credit card for payment so I have my own support if they get difficult.????

Most of the stuff is ok, you need to shop around though on there as some are selling others stuff just marked up, you can get the same item with a whole range of prices.

I also stick to the filter for "local"so its all within Thailand.

Final note, hate CGJLS when I see that AFTER the item is bought my heart sinks ! Its gonna be really really slow and usually 7-8 pm ! Kerry are brilliant .

1 minute ago, Dmaxdan said:

Thread hijack alert!! Has anybody ordered anything through Lazada that ships from overseas recently? And if so. any problems with delivery? 

Hijacking permitted! It's relevant.

Lately I buy only 'local' items as deliveries are now not just slower but non existent in some cases.

I also buy from iHerb, Amazon.co.uk and .com and others but now they are simply not shipping to Thailand.

Hope the good times return soon.

41 minutes ago, Denim said:

Bought a telecaster copy from a shop on Lazada for 2700 baht. Was not expecting anything great but when it was delivered a couple of days later I was amazed at the quality of the guitar. Way above expectations.

Lazada itself is not a shop , just a selling platform for thousands of retailers , mostly good but with a few dodgy ones. You don't by from Lazada you buy on Lazada.

P_20200323_122146.jpg

Now that is what I call a bargain! Does it play well? I could be tempted!

4 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Thread hijack alert!! Has anybody ordered anything through Lazada that ships from overseas recently? And if so. any problems with delivery? 

Normally about 10 days but last was over 20 days (small/cheap item).  Also try to buy domestic but that getting very hard as Thailand seems to have little stock and makes almost nothing anymore.  Sometimes may be worth paying a bit more for local stock shipment however.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, Saltire said:

first DIY joint effort with the wife this morning - took it easy turned out OK (though the village barber will likely laugh if he sees me)

Most all Barbers open in Pattaya on Soi Buakow.

Wonder how they can remain open. Maybe police need hair cuts so give them a bye.

Thais are not really following the 2 meter social distancing.

Since masks are mandatory, why would you need 2 meter distancing wearing a mask?