Thailand extends foreigners' visas for a second time as coronavirus cases slow

18 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

How about those in a non B extension???? My visa will expire on the last day of April and the paperwork for it isn’t ready yet.

I think this auto extension is the same as for april, all visa types. no need to go to immigration.. just wait at home for july.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I think this auto extension is the same as for april, all visa types. no need to go to immigration.. just wait at home for july.

My understanding is if you have a retirement extension that you do not want to renew then a embassy letter is needed however oz embassy has said recently no more letters since automatic extension.

Just now, madmen said:

My understanding is if you have a retirement extension that you do not want to renew then a embassy letter is needed however oz embassy has said recently no more letters since automatic extension.

sorry dont know about retirement one, but for this auto extension (for the april and the new one) all you need to do is sit at home and relax your 3 free months. No need to go to immigration too.

• Thanks 1

My understanding is that this source is originally from a Russian news-site that Reuters seem to have copied word for word. I would hold your horses until an official announcement comes out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seismic said:

My understanding is that this source is originally from a Russian news-site that Reuters seem to have copied word for word. I would hold your horses until an official announcement comes out.

Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat and Panarat Thepgumpanat; editing by John Stonestreet. So you think the thai reporters got their info from a Russian site? But it is right to be cautious

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 2

That's good news  wait to see that its law i just extended my non o multi till June 22 hopefully I get another month but I'm going to go to immigration just to clarify it next month

Just now, vermin on arrival said:

Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat and Panarat Thepgumpanat; editing by John Stonestreet. So you think the thai reporters got their info from a Russian site?

Considering that their announcement is almost word for word the same as the Russian source article, how would you describe it ???

my non-B expires on the 30th.  I'm guessing it will be cancelled, I'll be on some exempt status thing and then I'll get what someone gets who got off a plane in April and it will be like everyone else..... seems OK.  

This is good news.......well, it COULD have been much worse.

worry about this next week.  

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is also on some Thai language news sites. So it certainly correct.

One mentions it is a extension of the April 7th  ministerial announcement.

It is on a lot of websites, but they all quote the Reuters article. there is no official confirmation from any government source yet.

Edited by Seismic
spelling

8 minutes ago, Seismic said:

Considering that their announcement is almost word for word the same as the Russian source article, how would you describe it ???

If Reuters just went around copying dodgy Russian news sites their business would collapse. Maybe the Russian news site copied Reuters?

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seismic said:

It is on a lot of websites, but they all quote the Reuters article. there is no official confirmation form any government source yet.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is also on some Thai language news sites. So it is certainly correct.

One mentions it is a extension of the April 7th ministerial announcement to July 31st.

It also has copy of the order.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Assuming this turns out to be fact then for once I'm happy to praise Thai gov.

Doing it this way will avoid crazy period prior to end of amnesty. With that amount of time one would expect some borders open and folk can plan next step.

Good move Thai government.

Yeah it's about time they got their heads around this.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Assuming this turns out to be fact then for once I'm happy to praise Thai gov.

Doing it this way will avoid crazy period prior to end of amnesty. With that amount of time one would expect some borders open and folk can plan next step.

Good move Thai government.

Hope so. Otherwise, by the end of july i will have been in Thailand for 7 months with a SETV. 

Im wondering if this amnesty also gives green card to change to non b inside the country...