Thailand extends foreigners' visas for a second time as coronavirus cases slow

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Watch That mate, I Went to Immigration Yesterday to Extend my 90 Day Permission to stay on my Non-Imm " O " Which was due to expire on the 30th April, I Was Denied the " Free One " But They DID Sell me the 60 Day extension based on Marriage & Told me NO MORRE Unless I have 400k in the bank......Baffled Me, But You daren't Argue with them Even when you think THEY are in the Wrong !!

Hi, 

im not sure but it seems they rejected you because you went early and asked for that free visa. You should stay at home and do nothing and free visa would come to your house ???? I think thats what happened to you tbh.

After i personally read the official government website, im pretty sure non-o marriage is in the auto extension. it says 'who are allowed to stay in the kingdom according to the type of visa are allowed to stay in the kingdom' so.. you & I have non-o which is a type of visa allowing me temporary stay in thailand... so we are in the situation and in the order here.

I think we are safe bro, no need to worry. Of course officially they need to play safe and add something like some visa types, blah blah.. maybe they are talking about like ppl come here for seminar or likewise.

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well if they are doing this then I would probably thing that the Emergency Decree would be extended as well.....ut who really knows whats going to play out.  Guess I should wait until next week when the PM decides....

well.. no beers till 30 April so far... 

2 hours ago, madmen said:

My understanding is if you have a retirement extension that you do not want to renew then a embassy letter is needed however oz embassy has said recently no more letters since automatic extension.

nope, you must renew 12 month extensions as usual, no change for these

5 minutes ago, eyup said:

Why speculate and ask questions before the Official announcement??

Its officialy announced already on thai government website Eyup, but have few question marks

(anons coktan yapildi Eyup. Thai hukumet sayfasinda.)

Edited by problemfarang

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Watch That mate, I Went to Immigration Yesterday to Extend my 90 Day Permission to stay on my Non-Imm " O " Which was due to expire on the 30th April, I Was Denied the " Free One " But They DID Sell me the 60 Day extension based on Marriage & Told me NO MORRE Unless I have 400k in the bank......Baffled Me, But You daren't Argue with them Even when you think THEY are in the Wrong !!

Similar story here - we are both on 60-day extensions of 90-day Non-O entries - but I applied before the initial amnesty was announced.  They assured me I would not be allowed to get another Non-O Visa - but I will be, as soon as the borders open. 

I am assuming this amnesty covers us, because our initial 90-day entries ended *after* the March cutoff date,  But if anyone believes otherwise, feel free to advise on what Immigration expect us to do, if the borders are still closed when our 60-day extensions run out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Similar story here - we are both on 60-day extensions of 90-day Non-O entries - but I applied before the initial amnesty was announced.  They assured me I would not be allowed to get another Non-O Visa - but I will be, as soon as the borders open. 

I am assuming this amnesty covers us, because our initial 90-day entries ended *after* the March cutoff date,  But if anyone believes otherwise, feel free to advise on what Immigration expect us to do, if the borders are still closed when our 60-day extensions run out.

im sure it covers all visas. no need to worry. they are just being government and trying to look pro, thats all, i entered the country around 3 march with my non-o multi, my 1 year visa expire 5 may.. so i will not go to savanakhet and get a new non-o till july 31, but after 5 may, i need to leave if they open borders before 31 july. same for everyone. and yes i have a feeling they are going to do that, like open borders before 31

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

So an across the board extension for all visa types until 31 July, no 90 day nonsense, or bank statement ridicule or tm30 tedium or any need to visit immigration for anyone.

Has someone in the army/ government contracted covid 19.......sudden outbreaks of common sense are a known symptom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalorymetr said:

Does the Thai version of this document say anuything about people outside of Thailand that have visas/re-entry permits running out and cannot enter?

No

It is same as the order issued on April 7th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lekshmy said:

My Non- B visa will expire on 30th April,  and i am stuck in my home country (India ) now. Will i be getting an extension on my Visa too?  

No

You have to be in the country qualify for it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

Does the Thai version of this document say anuything about people outside of Thailand that have visas/re-entry permits running out and cannot enter?

just my opinion.

you are not in thailand i believe. so.. i think this 2 laws has nothing with you but for the people who are in thailand... so i would say your visas are dead. 

Edited by problemfarang

1 minute ago, problemfarang said:

just my opinion.

you are not in thailand i believe. so.. i think this 2 laws has nothing with you but for the people who are in thailand... so i would say your visas are dead. not sure about NON-B work permit though.. but tourist visa and likewise, forget about them

I have got a work permit

Edited by Kalorymetr
  • Confused 1

I don't have the energy to read all but I guess that someone already said that it's the first time that we found this government to be so good ! Did they recruit someone with a brain ? Astonishing !

Can you also confirm that if you are here with a Non-O marriage (multy entry visa allowing 90 days in the country) that will expire soon (before July 31), you do not need to leave the country until JULY 31 ?

Thank you !

Thailand is good after all :-)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

same situation here, most likely we are safe. Enjoy your 3 months

yes but I think we should think about getting a new NON O visa before JULY 31, as i guess everybody will wait and consulate will be overcrowded in august.

10 minutes ago, sapson said:

So an across the board extension for all visa types until 31 July, no 90 day nonsense, or bank statement ridicule or tm30 tedium or any need to visit immigration for anyone.

Bank-statements are for 1-year extensions of stay - which many indicated are not covered.  The order lists 15, 30 and 90-day stay-types - which is why I was concerned about my current 60-day extension. 

Has this viewpoint changed - such that now ALL types of stay, including "extensions, of stay," are now covered by this announcement? 

13 minutes ago, sapson said:

It does no apply if you are on a long stay extension of stay. You need renew it when it is due. 

Same as the previous order.

Only 90 day reports are suspended.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ReLo said:

yes but I think we should think about getting a new NON O visa before JULY 31, as i guess everybody will wait and consulate will be overcrowded in august.

i think now the borders are close. So we have to wait till they open again. And also we need to be sure thai embassy is also open and ready to give new visas. I have another question here.. are they going to ask a hospital report saying you have no corona?

Edited by problemfarang
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Bank-statements are for 1-year extensions of stay - which many indicated are not covered.  The order lists 15, 30 and 90-day stay-types - which is why I was concerned about my current 60-day extension. 

Has this viewpoint changed - such that now ALL types of stay, including "extensions, of stay," are now covered by this announcement? 

Some people still believe that people on extensions are not covered, even though they don't have any evidence for it, here the latest discussion: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1160485-i-think-i-royally-screwed-myself-on-visa/?do=findComment&comment=15322858

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Timwin said:

90 percent of farangs already left so they realized it might be a good idea to allow the rest to stay! Not many living with the average Thai salary of mere 16 000 Baht here. A lot of families in the countryside depend partly now on that one Captain Save-a-bar-girl! Reporting for duty! ????

Hold your horses mate ,  my lady was a cleaner , in the bar .

I was lucky , only 5k a mounth,  older more ... 

Just had my 90 days ,  agent brilliant ,  I.O.  Boss...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I am same with my 90 days ending  next week. My wife rang the number on the Jomtien Immigration website and they were helpful and considering my wife's limited understanding of visas and translation am pretty sure   am covered by the amnesty. Maybe call the immigration number. Would like to hear how others go.

• Like 2