Theft alert

fusion58

The wife was shopping at the Gourmet Market at Emquartier this afternoon. She left her cart unattended for just a minute or two, and, when she returned, she discovered several food items had gone missing. She consulted the store manager who looked at the CCTV and confirmed that a thief had indeed pilfered the aforementioned items.

Moral of the story: Don't let your belongings out of your sight - especially now.

So the their "stole" items from her shopping cart and was too lazy to search which aisle they could find those products? It's not her belongings until she goes to the checkout register and pays for those items.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

So the their "stole" items from her shopping cart and was too lazy to search which aisle they could find those products? It's not her belongings until she goes to the checkout register and pays for those items.

She had already paid for the items.

Of course, this was already implicit when the fact that the store manager confirmed the theft from the CCTV was noted.

• Thanks 1

When in Tesco about three weeks ago, I noticed a man peering into our cart (I like to leave the cart in one spot and go retrieve items from the shelves). In my typical naiveté, I assumed he was trying to find something that had already been stripped from the shelves (this was just as the shutdown was announced). My friend was less trusting - "I am sure he was looking for a purse to lift". Then again, I have been ripped off many times, long before the Wuhan came along.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

Moral of the story: Don't let your belongings out of your sight - especially now.

haha, yea obviously. the person you need to remind is your wife! ????

Actually, it was a PSA for others who shop there.

You’re welcome.

I get people looking in my trolley sometimes, but I'm in quite a remote area and it just seems to be out of curiosity to see what the farang is buying (that time when we only needed vaseline, cucumbers and condoms was embarrassing). One time in Big C I had chosen some whisky, think it was Johnny Walker (yuk), and a Thai bloke saw it and insisted on showing me something which was much better. It was lao khao. Admittedly that was quite amusing.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

I'd find that quite irritating, to be honest.  

The question is, how do you get rid of them?

I usually just move away. Failing that I activate my rape alarm and start aiming the pepper spray. That usually does it.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SteveK said:

that time when we only needed vaseline, cucumbers and condoms was embarrassing

I was once in Tesco Lotus and the guy in front of me was buying 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and 60 ping pong balls (and nothing else). Must have been quite a party.

Edited by chessman
  • Haha 1