Neither an apologist nor malcontent

Rotweiler

Just now, 473geo said:

You seem to be surrounded by people you do not trust

I am fine thanks

I trust my 8 year old son ......... that's enough for me.

The other people around me are all female, you're right, they're not to be trusted under any circumstances.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thai hotel receptionist earning 12k/month has money to travel to India and 2M savings in the bank?

I would assume a foreign sponsor paying for everything.

That assumption can be very unfair, in fact wrong. Many foreigners in Thailand, maybe have lived there for a couple of decades, has only contacts with the 'bar society'. The 'normal' Thai people live beautiful and comfortable lives, albeit not having Lamborghini's and swimming pools in their yard. Most of them are not least interested in mingling with foreigners, either.

Just because a human being is Thai, that does not mean they are all living below the poverty line... and in the same breath, a human being having a perceived 'high level' nationality doesn't mean that he/she is a 5 star personality... IMHO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

a human being having a perceived 'high level' nationality doesn't mean that he/she is a 5 star personality... IMHO

Agreed, my personality is poop, but luckily my pension is sufficient on it's own to attract many younger ladies.

On the other hand

At least I'm not dumb as a post and think a Thai hotel receptionist earning 12k/month can afford trips to India and 2M in the bank on her wage by means of a thrifty, frugal existence and shopping carefully in the market every week.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Logosone said:

Well, exactly, it is getting worse!

And because I live here, and I have a good life here I don't want it ruined by issues like bad air quality and Ugandan style driving.

That's why these things need to be discussed and raised. Precisely so that Thais realise that bad air quality is a problem for tourism..

They have done little things to address the air quality issue, but what they have done is not enough. They can do a lot more.

They can do a lot more to enforce proper driving and adherence to traffic laws.

They can send a van round and round up rabid soi dogs.

There's a whole lot they can do. But OF COURSE if everyone tells them everything is fine, they won't do a thing.

Bangkok was designed for less than <1,000,000 cars. There are now at least 5 to 6 x that many.

The government, in all their populous wisdom, came up with things like the First Time Car buying program so every Thai can own a car whether they could afford it or not.

Now when they came up with this program, how much thought do you think was given to over-crowded roads and air pollution? None!

Now if the gov't did something dastardly like followed Singapore and said to those 6,000,000 car drivers in Bangkok, we are only going to allow 750,000 license plates every year, what do you think those other 5 million drivers that own a car and didn't get a plate would do?

The government has a solution but would never dare to implement it at the rath of the people and becoming unpopular. So the action is do nothing.

This is exactly how Thailand works.

Politicians do not get into politics to help the people. It takes lots of money, to have lots of power, to remain in power. Therefore 100% of their efforts center on corruption and making money for their own pockets to buy the power to remain in charge.

Every once in a blue moon the population will question the gov't, fake bomb scanners, airship blimps, one deputy having $2 million dollars of watches, but the govt is quick to beat down the uneducated populous with explanations like "I borrowed these watches from a friend"

The uneducated populous falling for explanations that using water guns on the ground will disperse air pollution in a city the size of Bangkok.

Mega-projects with China for more rail? Do you not think the Ministry of Transportation is making a killing on corruption. Corruption is more important than quality or safety.

And the trend goes on and on and on, and none of the problems Thailand is facing get resolved.

Because Thai people are use to this behavior and do not question the stupidity of the answers they receive.

Those in power, have enough money to move and live very rich in any country they chose.

Edited by bwpage3
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Well there are times I take people s word for things if it has no real effect on me - Yinn says she comes from Rayong - no reason to question 

I am married to an Isaan lady too but she is far above average I would expect you view your wife the same way

Yes I supported Yinn to balance the onslaught from the fearsome old fossils and others which I thought considering the way she was treated she handled exceptionally well

Weeeeeeeeeeell, it seems you maybe gullible, can't see the wood from the trees, but then again you maybe one of Yinns old farang menopause chaps....You must remember that thread....????

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Agreed, my personality is poop, but luckily my pension is sufficient on it's own to attract many younger ladies.

On the other hand

At least I'm not dumb as a post and think a Thai hotel receptionist earning 12k/month can afford trips to India and 2M in the bank on her wage by means of a thrifty, frugal existence and shopping carefully in the market every week.

Yinn explained she was helping a friend out - it is all there in thread

Good grief next you will asking why Richard Branson was crossing the atlantic in a balloon when when runs an airline

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeeeeeeeeell, it seems you maybe gullible, can't see the wood from the trees, but then again you maybe one of Yinns old farang menopause chaps....You must remember that thread....????

When I start following her around the forum commenting on her posts - then I will get worried, for now I have not found the inclination to do so - it would appear others have

Here is a question for you trans why should I believe your ride was a Transam and not a Reliant Robin - any more than I should believe Yinn lives in Rayong

Edited by 473geo

8 minutes ago, 473geo said:

When I start following her around the forum commenting on her posts - then I will get worried, for now I have not found the inclination to do so - it would appear others have

Here is a question for you trans why should I believe your ride was a Transam and not a Reliant Robin - any more than I should believe Yinn lives in Rayong

I have the answers with backup pics with me in them...."Another" dodges my questions....????

• Haha 2

Mate - great post - well said - and sorry about your wife passing too early - very sad thing (happened to a friend).

But in way of some 'solution' to your problem (the haters/nutters), I believe the only answer is to block the haters/nutters. That way you dont ever have to see/read anything they ever say.

What I find is that when there posts about people needing advice or help, you rarely if ever find the haters/nutters responding. But if you read a post about something silly done in Thailand ,or a Politician they do not like, they are very 'active' - some all day every day. Now that is not to say people dont complain or criticise, we all do at times, but there are those that are absolutely over the top and never stop - they are the ones to block.  Dont block people because they dont agree with you, or dont agree with something you do, that is what the forum is for - to exchange thoughts and opinions. 

Go to a post where you know there will be haters/nutters, and add them to your ignore list - problem fixed. And when you are looking through a post where someone is asking for advice or help, and someone you blocked has posted, then read their post. Then you either confirm them as blocked if it is more hate/nutty, or if it is good you can say they must have had a bad day before, so unblock them.  Well worth the effort. 

Edited by AussieBob18

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I have the answers with backup pics with me in them...."Another" dodges my questions....????

Did the Robin not have 'Trans Independent Traders London- Paris - New York' on the side?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And I am counting on some emotional and spiritual evolution within myself. Have to be able to give myself some credit, here and there. Life goes on. I found a great woman. Not feeling any need to trade her in for a new model. I am where I need to be. 

Ok, thanks for clarifying that, so you agree with me, that in the end we are all, without exception, destined to wake up next to a crumpled and aesthetically offensive face. There is no escape. Only delay. We can't give up on a woman, just because her beauty evaporates like water on hot asphalt. We are all doomed to live with ugliness.

I just wanted to see if I had that right.

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I used to have a Reliant Robin, my first car which I drove on a m/c license.

I don't believe it, you are just trying to big it up, you really drove a Transam

Edited by 473geo

13 minutes ago, rumak said:

WHERE  are the moderators when you need them ?   I have always suspected that I am on

the "special list ".   When I send a post the bells ring and they are awakened immediately   555

But,  this is not about me ????      This bloody thread has turned into some kind of vendetta

against Yinn .   I mean, one or two comments, ok,  but it really has gone beyond that and the

main protagonists have really shown a level of immaturity that even makes me blush.

I know perfectly well, since there was a time i had a major disagreement with her......  sometimes she

is not an easy person to have a dialogue with.   But,  she is 27 ,  and basically standing up to some attacks which she feels are thai bashing.  Sometimes i agree, sometimes not.

But the "adults" ,  3 or 4 of them here,  that are having a kick at trashing her are .... if i can borrow her thoughts...... just being stupid .   Grow up boys,  and move on to other subjects.

Well said Rumak - they are like a group of old women have a whinge about someone who is not there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Bangkok was designed for less than <1,000,000 cars. There are now at least 5 to 6 x that many.

The government, in all their populous wisdom, came up with things like the First Time Car buying program so every Thai can own a car whether they could afford it or not.

Now when they came up with this program, how much thought do you think was given to over-crowded roads and air pollution? None!

Now if the gov't did something dastardly like followed Singapore and said to those 6,000,000 car drivers in Bangkok, we are only going to allow 750,000 license plates every year, what do you think those other 5 million drivers that own a car and didn't get a plate would do?

The government has a solution but would never dare to implement it at the rath of the people and becoming unpopular. So the action is do nothing.

This is exactly how Thailand works.

Politicians do not get into politics to help the people. It takes lots of money, to have lots of power, to remain in power. Therefore 100% of their efforts center on corruption and making money for their own pockets to buy the power to remain in charge.

Every once in a blue moon the population will question the gov't, fake bomb scanners, airship blimps, one deputy having $2 million dollars of watches, but the govt is quick to beat down the uneducated populous with explanations like "I borrowed these watches from a friend"

The uneducated populous falling for explanations that using water guns on the ground will disperse air pollution in a city the size of Bangkok.

Mega-projects with China for more rail? Do you not think the Ministry of Transportation is making a killing on corruption. Corruption is more important than quality or safety.

And the trend goes on and on and on, and none of the problems Thailand is facing get resolved.

Because Thai people are use to this behavior and do not question the stupidity of the answers they receive.

Those in power, have enough money to move and live very rich in any country they chose.

Yes, the "Do nothing" gene is very strong in South-East Asia, but particularly in Thailand.

Imagine what this place could be like if all the various problems were addressed.

Close to perfection on earth.

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

Ok, thanks for clarifying that, so you agree with me, that in the end we are all, without exception, destined to wake up next to a crumpled and aesthetically offensive face. There is no escape. Only delay. We can't give up on a woman, just because her beauty evaporates like water on hot asphalt. We are all doomed to live with ugliness.

You speak for yourself.........????.....................????

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I'm expecting to die before my current one reaches the 'offensive face' stage.

My Brit wife was the only one that got near ...... and she was 50 years old when I left.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I'm expecting to die before my current one reaches the 'offensive face' stage.

My Brit wife was the only one that got near ...... and she was 50 years old when I left.

50, that sounds rough man.

I suppose that is one way to solve the problem, though you'd have to get a woman that's 40 years younger if you're 75 and she's 35. 

If you live any longer than 75 you're really screwed. What if you're 85 and she's 45 and your'e still alive?

But what kind of 35 year old woman would hook up with a 75 year old? Would you have that beautiful connection spidermike is talking about?

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

But what kind of 35 year old woman would hook up with a 75 year old? Would you have that beautiful connection spidermike is talking about?

I don't know anyone that's made it past 70 in Thailand.

I'm not expecting to be different.

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If I make it another 3 months,  i will hit that milestone.   Still going strong,  not on any

meds except an eye drop daily.    Definitely not overweight.   And still sexy .

Some young girl even called me "pee"  the other day.   Then i turned around   555

52 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Oooooooooh yes you do, you banter with loads on here every day.................????.....................????

• Haha 1