Neither an apologist nor malcontent

Rotweiler

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The main point being "elected" ! So we chose we didnt and wouldnt allow the alternative. 

I was referring to people appointed by the elected leader, the hectoring, public bullying, rephrasing of their statements,  that occurs and the kowtowing  and obsequiousness displayed by those appointed officials 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Like TVF moderators? 

Not ban me na! Only joke. 

Please Charlie. Not again!

I think TVF say the same thing again and again= believe. Not really understand.

Is hard to control thai people. Prayut try, he can not, that why he angry a lot! Funny. 

Eg. Remember he say not go in back of pickup? What happen? Ignore and mock, not do. In U.K. can do? 

If Mrs Charlie not want do something, Charlie can make do it? Not think so Charlie.

Maybe she refuse, maybe fight you, maybe she acting do it, maybe lie, but not do she not want. 

TVF scared a lot. If I post what on thai social media everyday mock and criticize Prayut etc, you guys will panic.

Thais like to fight. Muay Tai is national sport, chicken fighting, bull fighting, political fighting, teenage fighting etc etc.

Yellow shirt fight red shirt fight a lot before.

BUT

If foreign country come that time want to fight, we stop fight each other immediately and join together. Sure. 100%

Not want to invade other country same farang, colonial, world war, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam etc etc. 

Burma. Before. Revenge must be paid.

Perhaps you should take a few trips around the globe to open your eyes...

Ooooop's, sorry, I forgot, you cannot get a visa to go look around the world, why is that...? ????

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It's by no means a clear cut decision against Thailand, or in favour of Thailand. It requires deep reflection.

Photo:   Rumak reflecting on life ........... the new normal

image.jpeg.b10d1898527d5fe0914c4634d956644a.jpeg

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

So corruption and nepotism and xenophobia are your "tradition" ? 

pretty sure you know the intended meaning of your post will be completely dismissed. that whole responsibility thing and all that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

So corruption and nepotism is your "tradition" ?

I answer his “quote”. His quote not talk about corruption. 

Corruption is thai tradition?

Yes.

If I say no, will be lie right? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Yinn said:

8E0569B7-1C1C-4EFF-B178-EA4BB3EF962F.jpeg

This post says it all about you, you don't want anything to change, stuck in a rut, ya know, change usually takes people to a better life.

Here the army controls you, police are ineffective, administration regarding anything is in the dark ages, so you tell me where your country shines, forget the sun...?

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I answer his “quote”. His quote not talk about corruption. 

Corruption is thai tradition?

Yes.

If I say no, will be lie right? 

Like a Thai paying a superior for a job, or upgrade, when someone with no money could, and probably is, more qualified for that job, and you think, Oh, Thai tradition..... Very sad..???? 

4 minutes ago, transam said:

This post says it all about you, you don't want anything to change, stuck in a rut, ya know, change usually takes people to a better life.

Here the army controls you, police are ineffective, administration regarding anything is in the dark ages, so you tell me where your country shines, forget the sun...?

And you choose to live here. 

Because it wonderful.

More sunshine than U.K. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

So corruption and nepotism and xenophobia are your "tradition" ? 

And 'Romance', let's not forget Thailand's most world famous tradition.

Where else in the world can a 60+ year old Brit guy find an evening of 'Romance' with an attractive woman in her 20s?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Depending where you live smoke was here before you arrived.

It was in 2009 but mainly only in March.

Now it starts in December. 

I have been in the North since before 1990 .   Daughter was born in Chiangrai in 1988 .

The weather,  and the pollution levels,   has changed a lot since then.

Seems to be most evident the last 6 years or so.

• Like 2

Just now, Yinn said:

Oh, he is back.

I am 27. Travel to 5 country already. Have more plan.

Last 5 year, how many country you go? 

Australia reject my visa. They give the visa to sex worker. 

You say yesterday you come to thailand because your wife divorce you.

When you 27, how many country you go already? 

What do you mean.."Oh, he is back"..Do you have a problem with me posting....?

I have been to many more countries than you, years before 27, so back off that one.

At 21, I had been to more countries than you have fingers and toes by road, ship and train, a time when you were not even thought of and your family were probably still living in wooden huts.

The rest of the world moving on has made it possible for young folk here to do things not possible 50 years back, you should be thankful the west has been giving you employment so you ain't got to wade in a rice paddy.

Aus didn't give you a visa because  a sex worker got it.......????....Was she in with you at the interview....????

What has my divorce got to do with me coming to LOS, there were a few reasons I decided to come to LOS, so back off that one. too...................????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Shopping at Tops market is a social gathering now ?

Oddly enough, it can be.  The last two times at Tops we bumped into friends and had a brief visit, mumbling behind our masks.  Actually I was referencing things like the hash, expat club, monthly potluck, book club, singing group, art and dining events, to mention just a few.  ????

• Haha 1

More and more often i start to respond to some reaction and when i am done typing

i just do not post it.

The reason?I think why bother but sometimes i just can not ignore things.

Almost like in real life when we go to a party or just go out.

You are surprised what you see is going on when you are the only one sober and the rest of

the people is getting drunk.

No need for Thai or Farang bashing as long as you can call a spade a spade.

Maybe being here for a few years makes you more cynical but that is probably saying more about me.

We all have our vices.

• Like 1

Just now, mr mr said:

so many burns in this thread. yet so oblivious. entertainment at it's finest during this awesome time.

555  yep,  the boasters are getting in their subtle boasts,   the roasters are , well, just staying in practice,   and a few children are having a brawl over in the corner.  

I am going out to look for some avocados.    Should I wear my Versaci jumper with my Armani scarf?            

1 minute ago, rumak said:

555  yep,  the boasters are getting in their subtle boasts,   the roasters are , well, just staying in practice,   and a few children are having a brawl over in the corner.  

I am going out to look for some avocados.    Should I wear my Versaci jumper with my Armani scarf?            

wow is it 8pm already ? my how the time flies. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, transam said:

Aus didn't give you a visa because  a sex worker got it.......????....Was she in with you at the interview....????

What has my divorce got to do with me coming to LOS, there were a few reasons I decided to come to LOS, so back off that one. too...................????

Where had I been as a Brit by age 27 ............

By age 12 ...... France (x8), Austria, Spain (x6)

By age 27 add ...... Italy, Tunisia, Egypt (x5), Israel (x3), Malta (x5), Jordan, USA (x4), Canada (x3), Switzerland 

I usually managed 2-3 foreign holidays a year when I was younger, fairly normal for most middle class Brits.

Waited until I was over 50 for ...... Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, China, Laos.

Except for China no VISAs in advance required on my Brit passport, just arrived at the airport/border and they let you in.

How many countries can a person do that with a Thai passport?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, transam said:

At 21, I had been to more countries than you have fingers and toes by road, ship and train, a time when you were not even thought of and your family were probably still living in wooden huts.

The rest of the world moving on has made it possible for young folk here to do things not possible 50 years back, you should be thankful the west has been giving you employment so you ain't got to wade in a rice paddy.

Gee -- Smacks of Kipling and "The White Man's Burden"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1