Neither an apologist nor malcontent

Rotweiler

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Is is complaining to tell the truth?

when it is repeated time after time and infers that the one complaining is holier than thou 

it is worse than just complaining

36 minutes ago, mr mr said:

Yinn engages in conversation and debate - kind of what the forum is about.

We don't necessarily have to agree. In fact the most interesting debates on this forum are though disagreement, sometimes with some highly amusing threads, brilliant put downs and outlandish accusations !! highly entertaining except for some of a thin-skinned nature.

That said - the Troll here is unfortunately you 'mr mr sad' you haven't address any point other than to directly criticize Yinn. Now, I'm not sticking up for Yinn, she is as capable of that as she is for her naive over simplification of many topics - but the opinions of others help us understand each other and make life more interesting.

The obvious response is 'if you don't like it read another thread' but the reality is that threads like this are often interesting, disagreeable, help pass some time (especially when stuck in lock-down) and help us recognize how we are all the same in that we are all individual with individual opinions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

I think you are wrong “walked all over”. Never colonise by you farang. 

You think you will win, but in thailand, Thais always win.

We friendly, not weak. Is Thai national song. Sing everyday. Welcome to Thailand, but if you want to fight, we will win.

issan people a bit like you say. They not confident IMO, generally speaking. Your life is with Issan people= I understand you think that.

South people is not the same, askyour wife about south people, you not believe me.

You think Yinn not stand up? Pffft. The forum rules stop me.

Thai National song

The Siamese land well known as the golden land.
Establish this country with the great border.
Serve this homeland from clan to clan
We shall defend our native land.

Even sometimes we got attacked by the foes.
But thai people defend their motherland.
This is the land where people fight for them
Then we survive from clan to clan

This red blood shed after we die
But honor still alive and people have to pray.
Independent is pagoda to respect
We shall rise and stand together.

Protect the nation, long live sovereignty.
And we won't let, others take it away.
We shall Spray our blood until them flee 
Glory to our Siamese native homeland, Hurrah..

Thailand wouldn't last one day in a real war.

Spend all the money on worthless submarines, Airship Blimps, you name it

Thailand would never have a warning against all the advanced missiles and weapons that can be fired from the sea or the air.

That is the reality of today's wars.

4 minutes ago, rumak said:
18 minutes ago, Yinn said:

How many 'farang' make problem in Thailand Yinn?...  I think the forced outrage when one idiot does something stupid is getting to you.

I said 1-2% in my post. 

There is no doubt that the small percentage of Farangs that act like idiots here have created

problems for the majority of decent ones.

I have witnessed so many acts of disrespect towards vendors,  bank tellers,  restaurant workers,

immigration workers....... you name it.   Oh forgot,  internet offices   ......

As a landlord I never put up with it .   Lease not renewed,  for sure.

The thais are much better at holding in their  contempt.   But,  it is there !

Only a small percent of Farangs have caused this.   Do you TV members ever tell someone

that they are behaving badly  ?   

It is then quite fortunate that for the most part, in Thailand we are judged based on our own individual merit.

In my case I receive predominantly favorable treatment by Thai vendors, bank tellers etc and at the very least I'm treated with the same level of indifference Thai's treat each other.

It is very fortunate that I am not treated based on the lowest common denominator of the irritating loud and abusive idiot - its fortunate Thai's don't hold such grudges - to be honest, the majority of people worldwide don't either.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Correction said user makes every topic always about them self and clearly gains some satisfaction from provoking an emotional response (which is the definition of trolling btw).

2 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Correction said user makes every topic always about them self and clearly gains some satisfaction from provoking an emotional response (which is the definition of trolling btw).

exactly

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

We don't necessarily have to agree. In fact the most interesting debates on this forum are though disagreement, sometimes with some highly amusing threads, brilliant put downs and outlandish accusations !! highly entertaining except for some of a thin-skinned nature.

That said - the Troll here is unfortunately you 'mr mr sad' you haven't address any point other than to directly criticize Yinn. Now, I'm not sticking up for Yinn, she is as capable of that as she is for her naive over simplification of many topics - but the opinions of others help us understand each other and make life more interesting.

The obvious response is 'if you don't like it read another thread' but the reality is that threads like this are often interesting, disagreeable, help pass some time (especially when stuck in lock-down) and help us recognize how we are all the same in that we are all individual with individual opinions.

baiting comments are made by said poster constantly. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Yinn said:

No full time job in thailand. 

And they let sex workers go (Australia and U.K.). Is so stupid!

The don't 'let sex workers in' - the 'sex workers' are clever enough to play a system you couldn't.

So, you were not permitted a visa as you could not show sufficient reason to return - this is a common cause of rejection for a visa.

I said 1-2% in my post. 

Where is 1-2% from?

Your claim that 1-2% of 'farangs' cause a problem is a rather outlandish clam with no basis in fact whatsoever.

You have no idea. And, what problems exactly?

[the bureaucratic requirements of many nations are outdated and unsuitable]

Because they stupid!!!

An over simplification - If they are that stupid how come you couldn't beat the system they set?

Accusing them of being stupid makes you more stupid, I don't think either is the case.

Fair enough that you are bitter and upset at the rejection - but the civil servants, bureaucrats and immigration officers are not the stupid ones just because someone is unable to meet their requirements.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Very well put, but one can't help getting annoyed by the constant put down of Thais. One needs to understand that for many of us that live here a long time and have gotten over the cultural shock, when they are disrespecting Thais, they are disrespecting our wives, our children, mother in law (was a saint)  father in law friends.

I don't take very kindly to that.    

Agreed, I too don't take kindly to the indiscriminate and general put downs. But many of the subjects on this forum which are critical of Thailand are accurate, they get discussed with my Thai friends whose opinions quite often match those on this forum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 473geo said:

No bad air problems as in the rice lands, bit of stubble burning but most baled these days so no real issue

Don't drive in Thailand, plenty of local drivers to run me anywhere, so no stress there

Neighbours are all family, children around, so dogs carefully monitored

Home safe distance from other property so very little noise maybe a rumble from thunder or a distant party

Don't really need to correct anyone,  insist my kids wear a helmet on the motorsi for their safety is about all, if I have concerns, quietly discuss them with my wife, I will either get explanation or she will decide if they have merit. I may not see immediate action, but sometime later my observations may bear fruit. Otherwise I accept my way is not always the best way and Thai people have survived without my input for centuries

Life is good

Appears my Thailand is not your Thailand - then again I am not my brothers keeper

The only foreigners who don't drive in Thailand, are those that cannot afford a car.

I am sure careful monitoring of dogs? Are you out there with ID tags and a clipboard?

Your wife will decide what has merit? Really? How much allowance does she give you every month?

Life is good, keep telling yourself that. It will help you keep your sanity as you get older and older.

A good life and surviving are two completely different things that most cannot admit to.

Some expats have a good life, some just survive.

To think Thailand can be enjoyable on a shoestring budget, that is just not rationale; it is acceptance.

• Thanks 1

Just now, misterjames said:

It's amazing how easily these (I'm guessing older expats) are manipulated into some weird kind of online one sided romance where they play the white night to what they think is some young lady sitting behind a keyboard interacting with them.

Makes them feel special I think they never think to question why said lady would spend her entire life here trolling if she was this women of their online fantasies ????

they call those people simps now

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:
  12 hours ago, Yinn said:

I think you are wrong “walked all over”. Never colonise by you farang. 

You think you will win, but in thailand, Thais always win.

We friendly, not weak. Is Thai national song. Sing everyday. Welcome to Thailand, but if you want to fight, we will win.

issan people a bit like you say. They not confident IMO, generally speaking. Your life is with Issan people= I understand you think that.

South people is not the same, askyour wife about south people, you not believe me.

You think Yinn not stand up? Pffft. The forum rules stop me.

Thai National song

The Siamese land well known as the golden land.
Establish this country with the great border.
Serve this homeland from clan to clan
We shall defend our native land.

Even sometimes we got attacked by the foes.
But thai people defend their motherland.
This is the land where people fight for them
Then we survive from clan to clan

This red blood shed after we die
But honor still alive and people have to pray.
Independent is pagoda to respect
We shall rise and stand together.

Protect the nation, long live sovereignty.
And we won't let, others take it away.
We shall Spray our blood until them flee 
Glory to our Siamese native homeland, Hurrah..

Yinn...in this post you are just highlighting that you have been brain-washed.  Its a rather daft post to make and doesn't bring any additional credibility to your comments, instead apply critical thought to the debates you enter rather than mindless rhetoric.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed - they are entertaining.... 

they are pretty sly at mixing just enough thai and english together to make it fun. although at times enough slips out to show the truth. a proper word used in the right context. or an idiom which would clearly not be known. 

all in all a very entertaining troll. they should teach online classes or something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yinn... this this post you are just highlighting that you have been brain-washed.  Its a rather daft post to make and doesn't bring any additional credibility to your comments, instead apply critical thought to the debates you enter rather than mindless rhetoric.

critical thought in thailand ? 

richard you are clearly the master troll here. slow clap. bravo. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mr mr said:

they are pretty sly at mixing just enough thai and english together to make it fun. although at times enough slips out to show the truth. a proper word used in the right context. or an idiom which would clearly not be known. 

all in all a very entertaining troll. they should teach online classes or something. 

why you no believe me? I thai na.. i always speakin like me mr chow so me must be real thai lady????

Edited by misterjames

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yinn... this this post you are just highlighting that you have been brain-washed.  Its a rather daft post to make and doesn't bring any additional credibility to your comments, instead apply critical thought to the debates you enter rather than mindless rhetoric.

wait wait wait wait 

that is actually the thai national anthem ? 

32 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i not eat french food. thai food better. i thai this thailand eat thai food better. i shopping at market give money local people better.

Have you ever had Thai baguette? I can assure you French bread better than Thai bread.

Yes, Thai food good. Sure. But why only eat Thai when you can eat Thai and French. And Korean. And Japanese. And German. And English. And Spanish. And Chinese.

Much better.

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

I swear to God, I was in Bang Na, Bangkok recently, and the air was so bad I felt physically sick walking the streets.

It's worse than Chiang Mai.

Was back in Bangkok 12/19 for the first time in 6 years.

After one hour being outside both my wife and I got sick from the air.

People that live in that everyday may not realize the effect the bad air is having.

However, if you are coming from somewhere with very clean air, it makes you ill immediately.

On the drive from Bangkok to Isaan, passing through Saraburi, the air is just brown from all the cement plants there. 

Coming from clean air you can recognize the quality of air has gotten much worse.

7 minutes ago, mr mr said:

trolling 101

how to cheat a popularity contest by spamming threads and begging

how to gloat like its meaningful

it's a little bit like stolen valor, no?

1 minute ago, bwpage3 said:

The only foreigners who don't drive in Thailand, are those that cannot afford a car.

Oh god spare us - I work in the UK I cycle to work I could buy a car but don't need one I'm not an an invalid ????????

I am sure careful monitoring of dogs? Are you out there with ID tags and a clipboard?

As I said my family take care of that dogs appear to learn quite quickly where they are not welcome, and in reality all the village will not put up with roaming dogs

Your wife will decide what has merit? Really? How much allowance does she give you every month?

i don't handle money much at all why would I need too?

Life is good, keep telling yourself that. It will help you keep your sanity as you get older and older.

Nothing new for me life has always been good just born lucky I guess

A good life and surviving are two completely different things that most cannot admit to.

A good life is generally what keeps you and those around you happy, different people have different needs

Some expats have a good life, some just survive.

Maybe so but their choices seldom affect mine if ever

To think Thailand can be enjoyable on a shoestring budget, that is just not rationale; it is acceptance.

To live as one pleases can be done on a variation of budgets depending on your needs and requirements, for instance I have no need to live near a shopping Mall in smog, not because I can't afford it because it is not on my list of must haves

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kekalot said:

trolling 101

how to cheat a popularity contest by spamming threads and begging

how to gloat like its meaningful

it's a little bit like stolen valor, no?

So people here give credence to obvious trolls..amazing!!