Neither an apologist nor malcontent

Rotweiler

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Non-sense!

What new college graduate, whose starting salary is 15k baht or less has enough money to purchase land?

They don't even earn enough to live on.

Suppose daddy owned the hotel? - Give it up guys you have no idea how Yinn may have been funded

8 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Me as well, went back to visit 12/19 to my wife's rural village in Isaan.

No internet, no emails, no cell-phone calls for 2 weeks

Reminded me of the good ole days of growing up in the pre-internet/social media world, where you had to actually go visit friends if you wanted to hear from them.

he meant non Politically Correct when he said PC

1 minute ago, bwpage3 said:

What does my post have to do with justifying her VISA rejection?

Nothing, that's what.

2 issues if you can comprehend carefully. Earning 2,000,000 and the fact her visa was rejected.

with all the speculation etc. was the rejection reason ever stated by the poster ? maybe it would be better if the reason was given by the poster in order to avoid any issues and arguments. 

Just now, CharlieH said:

No job ! therby would be considered "not sufficient reason to return" probably the most common reason for rejection and the main concern of ECO

definitely, doesn't matter if you have 2 million baht in your bank, it's actually a negative point for you as you are even less likely to return if you have a bunch of money in your account than if you don't

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You want to compare white British girls in London with poor rural Thai girls in Roiet?

No one girl in Rayong - do not make the mistake of thinking all Thai are poor - far from it

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, misterjames said:

It's amazing how easily these (I'm guessing older expats) are manipulated into some weird kind of online one sided romance where they play the white night to what they think is some young lady sitting behind a keyboard interacting with them.

Makes them feel special I think they never think to question why said lady would spend her entire life here trolling if she was this women of their online fantasies ????

And now a word from our sponsors :  

" feeling tired?   lonely?   need to take some time to just vent your frustrations?

Come to TV ,  where the real life dreams and nightmares of our readers will keep

you entertained .   Love, passion, grassy knolls, trolls,  where to buy cinnamon rolls,

gripes, snipes,  manipulations of every description,  is it fact?    or fiction ?

Tuning out now.    time for Netflix

22 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I can well imagine how many advantages Thailand must have had in the early 80s, I was in Mallorca then, and many things were better then than they are now as well. I get it.

But some things have gotten better for sure, the fast internet has come, infrastructure has improved, many shopping giants like Central set up, better housing was built.

It's not ever a one-way street. Yes some of the old advantages have been lost. But other new advantages came instead.

Politics is a problem of course, it's a cesspool, everywhere. Part of the reason I left Germany was because the politics was so awful. We will never agree with all and every politician, and so many are criminals, there as in Germany and many other places.

But they could run things better, come on, stop the burning of fields, round up the rabid dogs, enforce traffic laws. It's not rocket science.

Come on friend.

Who would think fast internet is a benefit? When I lived in Arizona USA we had 5gb fiber. Not mb.

No, the infrastructure has not improved. More crowded than ever, public transportation more crowded than ever.

Many shopping giants? How many average Thai's do you see shopping there? Zero!

Thai people are up to their necks in personal debt, buying things to keep up with their neighbors "Face"

With the modernization/monetization of Thailand, we see the negative effects such as air pollution, overcrowding, lack of any serious world class industry, out of control corruption, etc.

What benefits do you see for the common working class Thai's, many who still cannot afford a house or car, and never will be able to?

• Like 2

Just now, 473geo said:

No one girl in Rayong - do make the mistake of thinking all Thai are poor - far from it

I'll just make the mistake of thinking young Thai hotel receptionists are probably poor.

If they had 2M in the bank they'd consider themselves above a menial job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Come on friend.

Who would think fast internet is a benefit? When I lived in Arizona USA we had 5gb fiber. Not mb.

No, the infrastructure has not improved. More crowded than ever, public transportation more crowded than ever.

Many shopping giants? How many average Thai's do you see shopping there? Zero!

Thai people are up to their necks in personal debt, buying things to keep up with their neighbors "Face"

With the modernization/monetization of Thailand, we see the negative effects such as air pollution, overcrowding, lack of any serious world class industry, out of control corruption, etc.

What benefits do you see for the common working class Thai's, many who still cannot afford a house or car, and never will be able to?

good post. get things back on subject.

so much fuss over one dude playing a dude disguised as another dude. 

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

And now a word from our sponsors :  

" feeling tired?   lonely?   need to take some time to just vent your frustrations?

Come to TV ,  where the real life dreams and nightmares of our readers will keep

you entertained .   Love, passion, grassy knolls, trolls,  where to buy cinnamon rolls,

gripes, snipes,  manipulations of every description,  is it fact?    or fiction ?

Tuning out now.    time for Netflix

Did that one hit a bit close to home for ya? ????  if the shoe fits mate

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'll just make the mistake of thinking young Thai hotel receptionists are probably poor.

If they had 2M in the bank they'd consider themselves above a menial job.

Not if they wanted to travel, as Yinn has, and wanted to hang onto the nest egg, christ people go around the world doing menial tasks to pay for their next flight, where have you been all your life?

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No job ! therefore would be considered "not sufficient reason to return" probably the most common reason for rejection and the main concern of ECO

perfect. thanks.

well that should sum it up then. no job no visa. 

Just now, misterjames said:

See what I mean about the narcissist troll always making it about themselves? this whole thread has been hijacked by a troll and veered completely onto "her" which is exactly what she does in every thread.

How many of your comments on this thread have been about 'her' without 'her' I doubt you would have any input here - maybe you are part of the problem?

20 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

But when you and everyone else her just bang on and on and on about the 

same old stuff, you are not addressing any issues, you are not making constructive

criticism, you just sound like a whingeing pom or whatever nationality you may be.

I think by now most people here are aware that there are differences between

Thailand and many western countries, some people want to bring their own ideology

to a country that has its own. The things you and others are moaning about were here

when you moved here and will remain long after you've gone, there must have been 

something that enticed you to come, I'm sure no one forced you.

As for your last few lines, do you think the Thai authorities are monitoring this forum

looking for ways to improve their country? Pulling ideas out of your backside in some

odd quest to gain likes from miserable old men is an odd way to spend your time.

I frankly don't care if you think it's whingeing. You sound like a taciturn, defeatist who's given up on ever making things better.

These things seriously affect my quality of life in Thailand, they affect everyone's quality of life.

I came with a very favourably inclined attitude to Thailand but I was very shocked to find out how people drive here. How many accidents there are every day. When I see people wearing flip flops on motorcycles, little 3 year old girls standing on the bicycle I cringe at the stupidity, but it's much more than that, these people cause accidents and can kill you.

Equally whilst I knew about the air issue, when I experienced it I was surprised how bad it really was and it really is a major drawback on the quality of life in Thailand. Like enforcing traffic rules, it is again an issue that can be addressed. This is not about "ideology", I'm not trying to force communism on Thailand, I'm saying there are real problems and there are certain ways to fix them and they should be fixed. It is constructive criticism. 

I don't share this defeatist world view that things never change. They certainly do. And things in Thailand certainly have improved in many ways over the years, even if some have got worse.

For things to change it all starts with an idea, a notion, an understanding. And the more you tell Thais what is really wrong the more you contribute to a possibility that they themselves will demand change and something gets done. Of course if you sit in your rice field and just think nothing will ever change, then things will not change for the better.

I am pretty confident that Thailand will address the bad air issue, and steps will be taken to improve air quality, that will ultimately succeed. Because it really is not that impossible, it just takes local government to take action and then enforce laws. It is the enforcement of laws that is the real problem in Thailand. 

I don't get this mentality of just giving up, just accept driving is so bad you can never go on the roads. If nobody complains of course things will never improve. Everybody should complain until Thais are tired of hearing it, like you, and decide to do something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

How many of your comments on this thread have been about 'her' without 'her' I doubt you would have any input here - maybe you are part of the problem?

Just pointing out how short sighted you are I say guys but I suspect you might be an alt account you are a little close too close the rim ????

• Like 1

Just now, misterjames said:

Just pointing out how short sighted you are I say guys but I suspect you might be an alt account you are a little close too close the rim ????

I reckon you must be Elvis

Suspicious minds

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

I frankly don't care if you think it's whingeing. You sound like a taciturn, defeatist who's given up on ever making things better.

These things seriously affect my quality of life in Thailand, they affect everyone's quality of life.

I came with a very favourably inclined attitude to Thailand but I was very shocked to find out how people drive here. How many accidents there are every day. When I see people wearing flip flops on motorcycles, little 3 year old girls standing on the bicycle I cringe at the stupidity, but it's much more than that, these people cause accidents and can kill you.

Equally whilst I knew about the air issue, when I experienced it I was surprised how bad it really was and it really is a major drawback on the quality of life in Thailand. Like enforcing traffic rules, it is again an issue that can be addressed. This is not about "ideology", I'm not trying to force communism on Thailand, I'm saying there are real problems and there are certain ways to fix them and they should be fixed. It is constructive criticism. 

I don't share this defeatist world view that things never change. They certainly do. And things in Thailand certainly have improved in many ways over the years, even if some have got worse.

For things to change it all starts with an idea, a notion, an understanding. And the more you tell Thais what is really wrong the more you contribute to a possibility that they themselves will demand change and something gets done. Of course if you sit in your rice field and just think nothing will ever change, then things will not change for the better.

I am pretty confident that Thailand will address the bad air issue, and steps will be taken to improve air quality, that will ultimately succeed. Because it really is not that impossible, it just takes local government to take action and then enforce laws. It is the enforcement of laws that is the real problem in Thailand. 

I don't get this mentality of just giving up, just accept driving is so bad you can never go on the roads. If nobody complains of course things will never improve. Everybody should complain until Thais are tired of hearing it, like you, and decide to do something.

until last year i had never lived in bkk or any of the other smokey areas of this country. i lived in the far south where it was quite pleasant all year round. now finishing up my first smoke season i will be changing things up come next year. unacceptable smog and pollution here in this part of the country will mean back to the south it is. 

so wonderful down there. 

1 minute ago, misterjames said:

I reckon you are thinking with you pElvis ???? coz there's nothing suspicious about defending some strangers financial situation on a forum is there?

There has to be something strange about questioning a strangers bank balance after it has already been displayed on the forum, along with travel photographs in India, we are not talking your average Thai lady here who is straight from the garden of Isaan - understand?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/22/2020 at 10:12 AM, NCC1701A said:

this forum is full of haters. 

there is a topic right full of comments about hating Songkran. 

one of the first topics i started on this forum 8 years ago was asking about moving to Thailand. One of the every first replies I got was telling me to not move to Thailand because I would be killed. :shock1:

if you express any positivity on this forum you will be attacked. 

good luck.   

Keep positive you may yet meet the woman who wants to kill you :ermm:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 473geo said:

There has to be something strange about questioning a strangers bank balance after it has already been displayed on the forum, along with travel photographs in India, we are not talking your average Thai lady here who is straight from the garden of Isaan - understand?

What's more strange is defending a strangers legitimately questionable bank balance if you ask me. 

Oh some pictures in India ? Using your logic I wonder why immigration wouldn't accept those instead of 800k in the bank? why don't you suggest it? because it makes perfect sense as a legitimate proof of funds (in your mind) ????

The thirst is so real here.. 

Edited by misterjames
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, misterjames said:

What's more strange is defending a strangers legitimately questionable bank balance if you ask me. 

Oh some pictures in India ? Using your logic I wonder why immigration wouldn't accept those instead of 800k in the bank? why don't you suggest it? because it makes perfect sense as a legitimate proof of funds (in your mind) ????

You are losing the plot a bit now - read my post again

8 minutes ago, 473geo said:

You are losing the plot a bit now - read my post again

Ok lets get this straight then so you are saying that because you have seen some pictures of someone in India and someones bank book that it is proof positive that whoever posted them on a forum is some upper class Thai lady? if so I might have to make an alt steal some pics and ask you for a loan ????

If that were the case why would the visa be denied? I suspect Aus immigration aren't as easily duped as you are.

Edited by misterjames
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, misterjames said:

Ok lets get this straight then so you are saying that because you have seem some pictures of someone in India and someones bank book that it is proof positive that they are some upper class Thai lady? if so I might have to make an alt steal some pics and ask you for a loan ????

That seals it then lower class would ask for loan, upper class not even considered it ????

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:
8 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Ok lets get this straight then so you are saying that because you have seem some pictures of someone in India and someones bank book that it is proof positive that they are some upper class Thai lady? if so I might have to make an alt steal some pics and ask you for a loan ????

That seals it then lower class would ask for loan, upper class not even considered it

can you 2 please make sure you wear a condom.

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

That seals it then lower class would ask for loan, upper class not even considered it ????

Interesting reply I think that reply says more about who you really are than me. 

Had trouble justifying your logic there didn't you?